looking to buy a new nice watch

Get a nice smart watch... they're pretty cool and quite functional.

True story. I went to buy a nice used watch from pawn shop years ago and all of their bands were sized for midgets. Only insecure beta manlets wear expensive watches

<{clintugh}>

If you like it and can afford it, go for it - who cares what other people think?

asset-version-96eadf3c9b-navitimer-1884-1.png

how about this one.

Breitling_Navitimer_46_Blacksteel_soldier_1000-570x884.jpg

tudor_black_shield_by_watchonista_10.jpg

hublot-classic-fusion-automatic-chronograph-black-magic-matt-carbon-fiber-dial-black-rubber-men_s-watch-521.cm.1771.rx_1.jpg

IW389002_MNngQbK.e8a4ab18f7a17f0fddf29606b7fefd2f.jpg

If you like it and can afford it, go for it - who cares what other people think?
I'm a watch guy. That's what I do.....Don't really give a damn what others think about it. Is it a waste? Probably. But so are most hobbies.

Honestly I don't see the point in wearing a watch. I guess it's useful for some professions, but I'd say 90% of people who wear watches do it for fashion.

I got a nice watch for a graduation present. I never even tried it on & it sat in my dresser for like 8 years before I finally gave it away.

Honestly I don't see the point in wearing a watch. I guess it's useful for some professions, but I'd say 90% of people who wear watches do it for fashion.

I got a nice watch for a graduation present. I never even tried it on & it sat in my dresser for like 8 years before I finally gave it away.
They tell the time.

If you are going to spend that much cake on some bling why not get a nice gold bracelet? Fancy watches are a little douchie, especially cuz we all have a phone that tells time. At least a gold bracelet is worth the money while a watch is valued because of the name stamped on it.

If you are going to spend that much cake on some bling why not get a nice gold bracelet? Fancy watches are a little douchie, especially cuz we all have a phone that tells time. At least a gold bracelet is worth the money while a watch is valued because of the name stamped on it.

Yeah, but who, outside of guys from New Jersey, wears a bracelet?

Watches are better.

Buy a vintage fine watch instead, you'll look less like a douche and probably make $$ when you sell it.

I like Sturhlings. A hell of a lot cheaper than $6k too.

Stuhrling-Original-Mens-Automatic-Winchester-Skeleton-Leather-Strap-Watch-1dc28497-aa57-4c29-9964-95a73901162c_600.jpg

Every time there's a watch thread you're gonna have a dozen doofuses come in and say "my phone tells the time so a watch is a waste of money". Well yeah a phone does have the time, and it's in your pocket so you need to take it out every time which is an irritation and frequently impractical. So no, you don't "need" a nice watch, just like you don't need to wear anything other than sweatpants every day, you don't need a nice car when a cheap secondhand Kia Rio will get you around just as well, and you don't need a good steak when it provides no more nutrition than a cheap slab of meat. "Needs" are entirely subjective.

Gaudy as fuck. If you're going to spend a lot of cash at least buy something classy. I'm wearing my Speedmaster today which never goes out of style:

The-Speedmaster-on-a-leather-strap-is-still-a-sports-watch-and-should-never-be-worn-with-a-business-suit-or-tuxedo-900x600.jpg
The-Speedmaster-on-a-leather-strap-is-still-a-sports-watch-and-should-never-be-worn-with-a-business-suit-or-tuxedo-900x600.jpg

Buy a good second hand one and it will appreciate in value. Assuming we're not talking about anything obscure here, a secondhand Rolex GMT is an iconic watch which also appreciates in value:

Rolex-Oyster-Perpetual-GMT-Master-2-Pepsi-Bezel-11.jpg

There's limitless options, but for me I would always choose a classic design. Some would consider that cliche, but you can pickup something badass like a Ulysse Nardin but you'll get hosed if you every want to sell it.
The speedy is grail imo. Real piece of history with a great back story as well. Very nice.

Back