lost all respect to izzy

i am not a hater of Adesanya, i think he has the potential to be one of the greats but will fail
because of his mindset.
the problem is that he was posing as a challenger as this young prospect who isnt afraid to scrap.
he knew exactly how romero fights, to challenge him you have to get close him and survive him like rob and costa.
not to run 5 rounds and relay on cheap striking points to win!
“You don’t need 10 rounds...heck you need only one.” “I’m gonna stop him properly.”
im starting to think that he is just another journey man who only cares about money and fame.
"Everyone ps gamelan goes out the window when they get punched in the face"
Marko Hunto

It takes 2 to tangle. Adesanya tried to engage and got countered. All romero did was play possum. Romero didn't want to fight. It was up to Romero. Adesanya tried to engage, didn't work, so he fought on the outside.

Takes 2 to tangle
This is just trolling, Romero did want to fight there is video of Adesanya running away after Yoel went after him, You will not see any video of Adesanya going after him or Yoel running away.

Romero_attack.gif

Show me your proof that Adesanya tried to engage, this video is my proof.

This is just trolling, Romero did want to fight there is video of Adesanya running away after Yoel went after him, You will not see any video of Adesanya going after him or Yoel running away.

View attachment 745751

The problem with your proof was that was the entire sum of Romero's efforts in that round. Did fuck all else for the rest of it or for the entire fight tbh. Both fighters put in a dud of a performance and as a corollary blame should be evenly apportioned. Let's hope it's a one off. Both can go a long way to forgiveness with an impressive performance in their next fight. Both said they aren't injured so in Adesanya's case I imagine he should be fighting Costa shortly and Yoel should be looking to get back in the octagon quickly too, provided of course the fights and events still go ahead given the whole corona virus situation and how it's curtailing other sports.

He almost faceplanted running from Romero. I'm too lazy to make a gif or find the pic but someone should. Fuck Izznt

View attachment 745751

we need more ppl like u,that do not possess shit for brains.

Yup blame the guy who hand picked Romero despite coming off 2 losses and fought safely in a high risk low reward situation.

Romero was gifted an undeserved title shot, fought with zero sense of urgency like he was already champ. He had his shot and blew it.
undeserved? Romero won the Whittaker 2 fight watch it again. He left Costa in a fucking wheelchair. U need to pull that head outta ur ass and think

I’m sure Adesanya will lose sleep after learning that he no longer has your respect...

“You don’t need 10 rounds...heck you need only one.” “I’m gonna stop him properly.”

I thought he was talking about Whitaker when he said that.

i am not a hater of Adesanya, i think he has the potential to be one of the greats but will fail
because of his mindset.
the problem is that he was posing as a challenger as this young prospect who isnt afraid to scrap.
he knew exactly how romero fights, to challenge him you have to get close him and survive him like rob and costa.
not to run 5 rounds and relay on cheap striking points to win!
im starting to think that he is just another journey man who only cares about money and fame.
Wasn't pretty but Israel clearly earned the decision.

Because no one else has ever predicted their own fight wrong. Izzy doesn't have to challenge Yoel, it's up to Yoel to challenge Izzy for his belt. If you want the belt, you take it.

You mention Costa and Rob, but Izzy beat Yoel more convincing than either of Rob's fights or Costa's. Standing in the pocket and getting dropped as they both did, is not an intelligent way to fight. Why risk getting knocked out by playing into Yoel's hand, just to impress a bunch of lazy fans.

Journeymen don't win 3 title fights in a row with MMA records of 19-0.
It's a shame I can't like this post more than once but here it is Sherdog community.

It takes 2 to tangle. Adesanya tried to engage and got countered. All romero did was play possum. Romero didn't want to fight. It was up to Romero. Adesanya tried to engage, didn't work, so he fought on the outside.

Takes 2 to tangle

Adesanya ADMITTED to Ariel that after he felt Romero's power, he wanted no part of it any more. Look it up FFS. It's clear he pussied out. Romero fights the same vs. everyone.

Adesanya ADMITTED to Ariel that after he felt Romero's power, he wanted no part of it any more. Look it up FFS. It's clear he pussied out. Romero fights the same vs. everyone.
He doesn't lose every time though, like he did vs Adesanya.

giphy.gif

Because no one else has ever predicted their own fight wrong. Izzy doesn't have to challenge Yoel, it's up to Yoel to challenge Izzy for his belt. If you want the belt, you take it.

You mention Costa and Rob, but Izzy beat Yoel more convincing than either of Rob's fights or Costa's. Standing in the pocket and getting dropped as they both did, is not an intelligent way to fight. Why risk getting knocked out by playing into Yoel's hand, just to impress a bunch of lazy fans.

Journeymen don't win 3 title fights in a row with MMA records of 19-0.

A. There is a chance Whittaker was past prime by the time he fought Adesanya vs When Yoel fought him he was in prime. Adesanya fought him he was on a long layoff. If Till comes out and starches him in one round you might say he is done and it will make his win vs Whittaker much less impressive,but we will see.

B.There is also an argument getting his head smashed in two wars with Romero made him much easier to KO when Adesanya fought him.

Here's my issue with Izzy. We just witnessed a short 5 foot 9- 43 year old wrestler try and strike with a guy who happens to be 6'4 and is a decorated striker. Izzy has every freaking advantage in a stand up exchange and all he did was throw a couple of leg kicks. It's embarrassing.

Romero is a bad style matchup to showcase Izzy's skillset.

Also, it exposed the weakness in his jab game.

Back