Lug's Spear: Unleashed S&P

I've decided to start following your log, pretty good stuff so far!

I've decided to start following your log, pretty good stuff so far!

Thank you, now that this race is over I might have time to devote to my lifts. Hopefully I still start bending as well.

Some pics from the race today...

-Waking up at 5:30am (ran the race with 4 hours of sleep).
halfmarathon05.jpg

-Me and my friends who ran the race (both of them placed second in their age group with a time of 1h55).
halfmarathon03.jpg

-I like to call this one "Rock out with my cock out." I decided to wear my grappling gear (my lucky rash guard and 40 thieves fight shorts) to stay true to my grappling/fighting identity.
halfmarathon02.jpg

-I developed a thumb-sized blister on my right foot, felt it developing as the race unfolded.
halfmarathon04.jpg

CoC #1
3X3 (all failure reps)
-can close within 1cm, maybe .5cm fresh.

Why do you have a bucket of tennis balls in your car?
Thanks for your concern too, but I feel much better now. Just weekend aftermath I guess. Holidays start on friday, hope to make good progress then.

Why do you have a bucket of tennis balls in your car?
Thanks for your concern too, but I feel much better now. Just weekend aftermath I guess. Holidays start on friday, hope to make good progress then.

I played tennis the day before the race as kind of a light training. I play tennis about 2 or 3 times a month, but after the tennis balls lose their air pressure maybe I will try to rip them for grip training. Those tennis balls aren't any secret training technique I am hiding. That's good, I'm gonna get back into my routine after I am done recovering from the half marathon. My knees are all that's left healing, my quads and hamstrings have finally stopped killing me. I'll be lookin after your dead lifts!

Nice running Brah!

Thanks Broseph, nice CoC work. It's an inspiration to my attempts to close that summmmm b*tch.

Atlanta? What college was this where it's cool to wear fake bullet-proof vests?

Towel Pull Ups
1X6
1X6
1X2
-First time doing these, love at first sight, grip felt numb afterward.

CoC #1
3X3 (failure reps)

Sledge Hammer Levering (equal amounts done for each arm)
1X10 Forward lever
1X10 Reverse lever
1X5 Side to side lever
1X5 Helicopters (both directions)
1X10 Hammer Press

3 mi easy jog, legs still feel fatigued from the race... here is a tip, don't expect to run a race that is 5 miles longer than you have ever even trained running.

Kennesaw State University. It's about 25 minutes north of Atlanta. 75% women here:icon_twis

My roommate goes there. He's been telling me I should apply. It's now a possibility. Hot girls? Do they wear bullet-proof vests?

My roommate goes there. He's been telling me I should apply. It's now a possibility. Hot girls? Do they wear bullet-proof vests?

Hah you would be disappointed if you came here looking for people wearing bullet proof vests, it was only once in my 3 years here. Yes hot girls (mostly), if you decide to visit before applying come on a hot day, you'll know what I mean when you get here.

1 hour tennis match, ran out of time so we played a tie breaker at 5 games to 5. I ended up losing the tie breaker, I need to practice serving for recovery days or something.

BENCH
145X5
145X5
145X5
145X5
145X5
-No spotter and gettin back into it after not doing them for a little.

SOHP
65X5
65X5
70X5
75X5
85X3
85x2

DEADLIFT
135X5
205X5
205X5
205X5
205X5
205X5
-form was lacking compared to last time I did them, but it could be worse.

1 hour jiu jitsu training. Need to defend my head/neck better. Got caught two or three times via guillotine when my opponent was in side control.

Edit:

CoC #1
3Xfails (have been doing them randomly while watching GA Tech vs FSU).

BENCH
150X5
150X5
150X5
150X5
150X5

SOHP
85X5
85X5
85X4

SQUAT
165X5
165X5
165X5
165X5
165X5
-Messin around with high and low bar styles, I need to read up on squats again in SS.

BORS
BarX12
95X10
115X8
115X8
115X5
115X6
115X5
-Need to double check to make sure I am doing these correctly... hopefully I can dig up the BOR contest page.

Edit: Found the BOR Race page, in case someone else is curious after reading this... http://www.sherdog.net/forums/f13/bor-improvement-race-993613/

BENCH
150X5
150X5
150X5
150X5
150X5
-Last rep on last set was a slow lockout, but I think after doing this one more time I will go up in weight 5lbs w/o a spotter. I also drank quite a bit last night (pumpkinhead ale by shipyard, drink it) so I thought it would be safe to stick to 150.

DEADLIFT
205X5
205X5
205X5
205X5
205X5
-Form felt a lot better this time around, might have had one rep where I rounded my back near the end of the sets. Gonna go up in weight next week since I know I can do more with the 3x5. Plus I gotta keep that Jay fella on his toes lol.

Going to try to run tonight, starting to feel guilty for indulging in so much beer yesterday. Gonna buy a new CD as some motivation, most likely some Amon Amarth.

Edit:3 mi jog @ 29:30 pace. Feelin good!

1h30 no-gi grappling
Edit: Bored so I guess I will go into more detail. My friend just got a wrestling mat in so we did a lot of rolling. I put in some reps on crucifix from side control. I really like that sub from that position, even if I mess it up I still have an armbar waiting for me. I tried some stuff out of BJ's new book, but I gotta read it some more I guess. My triangles are god aweful, I cannot finish them. Going to have to work hard on those triangles from now on.

Back