• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

Luke Thomas has a problem with Teruto Ishihara calling women...

Jin, I couldn't believe that tripe was coming out of his mouth. It seemed unreal to me that he couldn't conceive perhaps people didn't like the way Woodley campaigned for his title shot then reversed his position and tried to screw over Wonder Boy.
I listened to that part of the MMA Hour for about 5 seconds, disliked and clicked off it it. When I saw Luke about to open his mouth I knew it was going to be some "YOU'RE A RACIST HURDUR MMA HAS A BUNCH O RACISTS".

WTF lol. TS you're a bullshitter.

He lead up to this with (paraphrased) "listen I'm not offended....but don't you think it's interesting that he can call them bitches and Cerrone not?".

It's a completely valid point. I'm not offended with it either, cause I'm not a PC asshole. BUT. He's right. There is a double standard.

Cerrone has said worse shit than bitches. And Luke gave him a pass for using the word :eek::eek::eek:, "because Donald, like myself grew up in a time where using that word was more universally accepted". So he gives Cowboy a pass for calling DC a :eek::eek::eek:, but he's going to censure Teruto (who can barely speak English) for saying bitches.

so that's where it ends for you? mike kyle might have been in some fun fights, but the guy was an asshole, making it impossible for me to become a fan of his. if teruto is promoting the subjugation of women, which is what he is doing with his new angle of promoting himself, then why would you cont. to be a fan of his?

"Subjugation of women".

Don't be a bitch, man.
He's a japanese guy that just find the word to be funny. It's a fucking joke and shouldn't be interpreted in any other way. He probably just listened to a lot of gangsta rap back in Japan.

I think the social justice routine is what gained him interests and so many threads on this forum about him.

If it's a marketing ploy, then it has been working well.

Negative attention isn't always a good thing, ask Rousey about that.

I wish I had 4 billion. I'd buy UFC just to ban MMAFIGHTING.COM entirly. Bunch of cucks through and through. Ariel to Thomas.

Dana's first instinct was right,

Negative attention isn't always a good thing, ask Rousey about that.

For a media personality, negative attention can be a very good thing. Ask Howard Stern.

Beside which, he would also get positive attention from the PC crowd.

"Subjugation of women".

Don't be a bitch, man.
He's a japanese guy that just find the word to be funny. It's a fucking joke and shouldn't be interpreted in any other way. He probably just listened to a lot of gangsta rap back in Japan.

he's retarded. there isn't much else to say.

I wish I had 4 billion. I'd buy UFC just to ban MMAFIGHTING.COM entirly. Bunch of cucks through and through. Ariel to Thomas.

Dana's first instinct was right,

Dana was spot on about Ariel.

For a media personality, negative attention can be a very good thing. Ask Howard Stern.

but howard was interesting. luke sounds like a second-year women's studies major

Howard's entire schtick was built on shock value, he was the first shock jock, remember? Not to mention Stern was essentially mainstream.

It's entirely different in Luke's case IMO

His arms look like Chael. Dude has been on the Über Reem horse meat diet.

Possible. He's a big big man, I'm quite sure he could defend himself on the street if it came to that:

Cerrone has said worse shit than bitches. And Luke gave him a pass for using the word :eek::eek::eek:, "because Donald, like myself grew up in a time where using that word was more universally accepted". So he gives Cowboy a pass for calling DC a :eek::eek::eek:, but he's going to censure Teruto (who can barely speak English) for saying bitches.

You are 100% right. HE (Luke Thomas) gave Donald a pass, because he understands that context is a motherfucker. And Cerrone isn't a homophobe, that's just a word that hasn't exited everyone's vocabulary quite yet.

HE (Luke Thomas) also gives Teruto a pass. As he says before he begins his rant. He isn't offended by it. But he points out the double standard in that if somebody else was saying it, there would be issues.

In which case, Luke Thomas is 1000% correct.

You are 100% right. HE (Luke Thomas) gave Donald a pass, because he understands that context is a motherfucker. And Cerrone isn't a homophobe, that's just a word that hasn't exited everyone's vocabulary quite yet.

HE (Luke Thomas) also gives Teruto a pass. As he says before he begins his rant. He isn't offended by it. But he points out the double standard in that if somebody else was saying it, there would be issues.

In which case, Luke Thomas is 1000% correct.

Completely agree. I laughed at the "bitches" comment by Teruto. Not thinking much of it. But like Thomas pointed out, could Cerrone say that? I mean he said :eek::eek::eek: once and got crucified, so did Bisping. Bitches is on par with that slur, but people just laugh it off. I think most likely because he's foreign, we give foreign ESLs more slack since we just chalk it up to them being cute. But it is interesting to think about...

Howard's entire schtick was built on shock value, he was the first shock jock, remember? Not to mention Stern was essentially mainstream.

It's entirely different in Luke's case IMO

i don't think it was all that serious. . . when stern was first starting out -- detroit, washington, and later NYC -- the things he was doing weren't all that raunchy IMO, and the things he was saying were normal to most people; it wasn't until the KROQ days that a shift began and more 'shock' was added. i consider o&a, bubba the shitsponge, mancow, etc. to be more shock jock orientated [when thinking about that era; i have no clue about today].

Another professionally offended SJW. Just stop acknowledging him.

Completely agree. I laughed at the "bitches" comment by Teruto. Not thinking much of it. But like Thomas pointed out, could Cerrone say that? I mean he said :eek::eek::eek: once and got crucified, so did Bisping. Bitches is on par with that slur, but people just laugh it off. I think most likely because he's foreign, we give foreign ESLs more slack since we just chalk it up to them being cute. But it is interesting to think about...

People in this thread seem to have issues comprehending that it's possible to point out an interesting societal abnormality/double standard, and not necessarily be offended by it. Luke doesn't give a fuck about Teruto saying bitches. But it is interesting, that if it was some white or black dude talking about his bitches, people would be upppppp in fuckingggg arms.

That doesn't mean Luke or I care. Cause like I said earlier, I'm sick of this PC bullshit society we live in. But what he's pointing out is simply fact.

So let's stop pointing out shit regarding Luke Thomas that really isn't any anything at all. His constant race issues are 10000000x more annoying than this non-issue.

Love when white guys talk about what is considered racist to black people and what is considered sexist/demeaning to women...

Luke "The Mansplainer" Thomas

Back