Luke Thomas has a problem with Teruto Ishihara calling women...

People here aren't doing their due diligence, including TS, to look up what has actually been said by Luke Thomas. This happens all the time on these forums, especially when it comes to Luke and Ariel.

What I gathered from his Live Chat from yesterday on this matter, regarding Teruto, was that Luke said he PERSONALLY DOES NOT CARE whether or not Teruto calls women bitches. What he said was that people who do get offended when other people call women bitches, should judge Teruto with the same standards and not give it a pass just because he's not from an english-speaking country.

Same with the topic of racism towards black fighters. What he has been saying all along is that it would be hard to argue that racism, to some degree, hasn't influenced MMA-fans', as a whole, opinions on, or perception of, black fighters. He has never said that the reasons why some black fighters are disliked, or lack the support from fans that some white fighters enjoy, all stem from racism. He talks about racism on a larger scale and not whether or not your specific opinions of a certain fighter could be due to racism.

P.S. English is not my native tounge so please bear with me.

He has never said that the reasons why some black fighters are disliked, or lack the support from fans that some white fighters enjoy, all stem from racism

He did with Jon Jones in the past.

And the other week when Ariel brought up Mighty Mouse, Woodley and DC being the most polarizing figures he couldn't wait to answer Ariel's question as to what these 3 had in common. Never mind the fact that MM is not at all polarizing.

I use to watch Luke all the time, but got tired of all his pc bs, so stopped. The last thing I want to hear about when talking about mma is a bunch of sjw drivel.

He did with Jon Jones in the past.

And the other week when Ariel brought up Mighty Mouse, Woodley and DC being the most polarizing figures he couldn't wait to answer Ariel's question as to what these 3 had in common. Never mind the fact that MM is not at all polarizing.

From last week's MMA Beat:
around 31:00 in to the video: Regarding DC, Demetrious Johnson and Tyron Woodley and racism: "I don't know to what extent they are problems in each of those cases, but it is hard for me to buy the idea that someone's racial background in this country, and in countries elsehwere, that that doesn't affect how the fans perceive them, to what extent we can debate, but that it is there is absolutely incontestible."

In other words, he's NOT claiming that all the dislike is because of racism but that to some degree it is, which sounds reasonable since the rest of society is affected by it, why would MMA be isolated from that?

Same with the topic of racism towards black fighters. What he has been saying all along is that it would be hard to argue that racism, to some degree, hasn't influenced MMA-fans', as a whole, opinions on, or perception of, black fighters. He has never said that the reasons why some black fighters are disliked, or lack the support from fans that some white fighters enjoy, all stem from racism. He talks about racism on a larger scale and not whether or not your specific opinions of a certain fighter could be due to racism.

There's nothing hard to argue about it. What you think doesn't magically become true by virtue of you stating it as if it were fact. Whether he's talking about racism on a broad level or just a specific instance of it, either way, he has no evidence of it whatsoever. 'B-b-but racism exists' does not constitute evidence, FYI. Anti-white racism exists. When will that conversation take place? Will it include the same baseless insinuations about how Tim Kennedy, Tim Sylvia, Jacob Volkmann, and others were all victims of this phenomenon? It would be hard to argue that white fighters haven't, to some degree, suffered from racism, be it intentional or subconscious. How else could you explain the inordinate amount of hate a fighter like Tim Kennedy gets no matter what he says? But that's right, he isn't black, so we have to actually analyze his behavior and look past skin color to ascertain the real reason he's disliked. My mistake.

Last edited:
He knocks people out for a living, he can call women anything he wants and they are still going to want to do sex stuff with him.

People here aren't doing their due diligence, including TS, to look up what has actually been said by Luke Thomas. This happens all the time on these forums, especially when it comes to Luke and Ariel.

What I gathered from his Live Chat from yesterday on this matter, regarding Teruto, was that Luke said he PERSONALLY DOES NOT CARE whether or not Teruto calls women bitches. What he said was that people who do get offended when other people call women bitches, should judge Teruto with the same standards and not give it a pass just because he's not from an english-speaking country.

Bravo sir. These guys are just haters and are too lazy to even understand what they're hating. It's hilarious.

I'm sure acting like an sjw :eek::eek::eek: gets you laid to an extent but the girls it gets you must be annoying as fuck and miserable in bed.

I just listened to him talk about this and he says he doesn't really care he just wants to know why the guy can do it but anyone else can't.,
Brock and the UFC basically conspired to pull off UFC 200 knowing PEDs were involved.

Jones ran from the scene of a crime with cash, drugs and left an injured victim there.

Teruto can use the B word.

Yea, I understand exactly how you feel. He tries to be intellectual in the most primal and elemental sport in the world. He has an annoying habit of trying too hard to be verbose about a very simple subject. Do I appreciate his detail and thoughts about the actual fighting and his breakdowns? Absolutely. Luke is terrific at it, but he shoots himself in the foot when he has to try and prove it to everyone and not just about the subject of mma, but everything else related to it.
Agreed 100% -- honestly if he got rid of all his "if then" statements, I'd find him more palatable, but it isn't the biggest drawback imaginable. The fact that I'm critiquing him as much as I am is really a sign of how much I respect him as an analyst and journalist. I wouldn't give lesser people the light of day to pick them apart.

These are just words. In 50 yrs there will be some other offensive label to replace the word bitch. I'm not even saying that I disagree with your premise, but I do with the approach. If we are going to deem something to be offensive, why not let the masses decide? Majority public opinion swaying in the direction you are saying would clean up Ishi's language very quickly. Because it would hit him where it hurts the most, his potential for earnings.

Therein lies the problem. People like Luke like to pretend that they have the majority behind them, when in reality it's a small but vocal minority. By them working to silence what they find offensive, the actual opinion never comes to light. And that is not freedom of choice. I don't need people like Luke to voice what they believe to be my opinion just because it is theirs. I can exercise my thoughts on my own.
Sorry I didn't see this response for some reason until now. I don't wish to impose my views on anyone and I a more than okay with people having the right to choose the language they wish to use. I was just trying to express that there is a lot of weight to this issue and knowing what kind of deep rooted effects words like bitches can have on young girls it makes me wince a bit when people throw it around without thinking. I don't know a ton about Luke Thomas if I'm being honest so I can't say if I agree with his approach. Mine personally isn't to censor people it's just I wish we could all be more mature and thoughtful about what we are doing when we use certain language. Of course I respect your position and I think you make good points.

around 31:00 in to the video: Regarding DC, Demetrious Johnson and Tyron Woodley and racism: "I don't know to what extent they are problems in each of those cases, but it is hard for me to buy the idea that someone's racial background in this country, and in countries elsehwere, that that doesn't affect how the fans perceive them, to what extent we can debate, but that it is there is absolutely incontestible."

In other words, he's NOT claiming that all the dislike is because of racism but that to some degree it is, which sounds reasonable since the rest of society is affected by it, why would MMA be isolated from that?

What degree is it? And even cucks have lapdogs now???

He just said that it is racism if you don't like a black fighter....now, you could not want him in your neighborhood or you may want to kill him...just depends on your racist degree.
But you also have to go the opposite way, people who like black fighters to some degree like them just because of their race.....

It is strange that advocating against calling women bitches is a bad thing here. Oh well.

Helwani asked what these 3 had in common and Thomas almost jumped out of his seat in answering Helwani's question that they were African American men. The response from any objective person should have been that Demetrious Johnson is not and never has been a polarizing figure. On the contrary, his problem has always been that people are indifferent.

Nobody who wants to be taken seriously would claim ALL the dislike is because of racism. But no one will put the emphasis on that idea like Thomas will.

Last edited:
He's a military guy which makes me laugh. Those guys are notorious for beating their girlfriends especially after coming home from that shithole known as 'war'.

Adorable language barrier made it so he didn't understand that is was pretty offensive on face value. It's like when that Aussie basketball player called some of the Warrirors players "Quick little monkies", which wasn't even language but a cultural insensitivity to African Americans.

You give a little wiggle room when it's someone speaking a foreign language and in the heat of the moment.

This, people, specially Americans, don't seem to understand language barriers

Pretty depressing that these SJW morons are even polluting combat sports.

Back