Mackenzie Dern is doing the fake accent again ahahaa

If you're dispensing "perspective", allow me to do the same. You're in an mma forum filled with trolls who as a group discuss the dumbest topics and right now you're in an accent thread talking about it too, so you obviously care yourself.

What are my general everyday thoughts about this? I couldn't care less.

...but here we are, in a troll forum talking about an American with a thick Brazilian accent. What are my thoughts on this specific conversation? It's fucking annoying.
Exactly. And that is why forums exist.

It's always a head-scratcher when people open threads with an obvious subject, read the posts and then reply going "Who cares?" or "Why are people talking about this? Don't these losers have something better to do? Leave MCKENZIE DERN ALONEEEE!"

It's a fucking forum!

Isn't she training in AZ/California at least since she entered the UFC? Idk, someone clarify. Anyway, in that case, it wouldn't make sense for her English to deteriorate further as it recently has.

As someone that grew up bilingual, I do have some personal experience with this. When I visit my home country, my command of that countries language does improve but my other language skill doesn't deteriorate. The difference is rather small, certainly not drastic changes like the one Dern seems to experience.

I doesn't really annoy me but I find it highly comical that this chick apparently speaks worse English than a bunch of people that don't even live in English speaking countries, just because she spent some time in Brazil. So I think she's probably faking it and that's kinda lame but I try to embrace the ensuing hilarity from the situation.

Does she have hearing problems or brain trauma?

If you're dispensing "perspective", allow me to do the same. You're in an mma forum filled with trolls who as a group discuss the dumbest topics and right now you're in an accent thread talking about it too, so you obviously care yourself.

...but here we are, in a troll forum talking about an American with a thick Brazilian accent. What are my thoughts on this specific conversation? It's fucking annoying.
BSZ_OjoIYAAzYAI.jpg

Holy fuck you just killed that guy ahaha

It's fake. My daughter grew up traveling between California and Holland, probably very much like Dern spent lots of time in Brazil. In fact, its possible my daughter spent more time in Holland than Dern did in Brazil. 1.5 to 2 months per year since she was born (less in the last couple of years) and the entire 5th grade in Holland. Her mother speaks Dutch only to her. Every day. Despite all that, in English she has a 100% California accent and laughs at my Canadian pronunciation of out, house, leg, egg, sorry, etc.

I like her fake accent. It makes her look crazy. Crazy chicks are awesome.

You are right, I shouldn't really be annoyed with online people's attitudes either. But then again 2 wrongs don't make a right. We are both weirdos

Not that I care either way, but anecdotes aren't evidence.

No one cares about your cousin who lived abroad and now speaks perfect/accented English.

I speak two languages fluently, English and Spanish.

I can write, speak, and read both. I also regularly speak both languages within a day. I have no accent with either.

I can for sure tell you that her accent is fake and she is overplaying it big time.

Lol its so obvious too.

I'm more intrigued as to why she is getting such a big push from the UFC, when she lost to Yoder imo.

Win or lose, Yoder is literally one of the worst fighters on the roster. The fact that she struggled that much with her is embarrassing. She should be in Invicta.

This shit is getting stupid now, watch the first minute of the Vlog

Holy fuck she is even doing the hand signals foreigners do and even does an awkward laugh at the end asif she can't understand much but breaks the ice

I am DONE AHAHAHA

<45>

EDIT: Seems a few shertards can't grasp how retarded this is and some even think she learned English second, she has you clowns gooped aha

Watch this before commenting

Born and raised in Phoenix, Arizona LOL

My family are Italian and speak Italian 90% of the time and they have not one hint of Italian to their accent when they speak English, it's put on lol

Does it bother you because she is using a fake accent? What about a fake name?

Isn't she training in AZ/California at least since she entered the UFC? Idk, someone clarify. Anyway, in that case, it wouldn't make sense for her English to deteriorate further as it recently has.

As someone that grew up bilingual, I do have some personal experience with this. When I visit my home country, my command of that countries language does improve but my other language skill doesn't deteriorate. The difference is rather small, certainly not drastic changes like the one Dern seems to experience.

I doesn't really annoy me but I find it highly comical that this chick apparently speaks worse English than a bunch of people that don't even live in English speaking countries, just because she spent some time in Brazil. So I think she's probably faking it and that's kinda lame but I try to embrace the ensuing hilarity from the situation.
#KhabibTime

I speak two languages fluently, English and Spanish.

I can write, speak, and read both. I also regularly speak both languages within a day. I have no accent with either.

I can for sure tell you that her accent is fake and she is overplaying it big time.

Lol its so obvious too.
You will notice a trend in this thread.

All the guys who actually speak multiple languages, actually grew up with foreign parents or are close with people travelling and learning foreign languages have said she is bullshitting and lying, faker.

All the guys who have no fucking experience or clue come in and make some shit up about how we are either wrong or weirdos LOOOOL

Does it bother you because she is using a fake accent? What about a fake name?
I love her fake accent, if for anything that amazing youtube video it spawned.

I was enlightened to all this a couple months ago when another member made a similar thread to mine and it honestly was one of my best Sherdog days of my life, I laughed, I cried, I fapped, it was amazing ahahhaa

Thank you Mackenzie Dern, keep it going until you need a translator full time I say

Mackenzie comes across as quite 'simple'.

It is what it is, odd but ultimately it's not hurting anyone. She seems like a nice enough girl. I say leave her be.

Back