Social MADAM ALEXANDER OCASIO CORTEZ raises 2 MILLION and travels to Texas to help those in need

She's reviled in Texas.

Maybe you missed how many votes Beto got from Texans in his Senate run against Teddy. Believe it or not there are some sane people living in Texas. (The same is even true in Florida - but fewer.)

Even though she's a grifter, and a pathological liar I can't knock her for taking advantage of the Texas situation. Cruz is an absolute moron, and opened the door for this.
Yeah dude she is making so much money off helping poor people. So much that she might make as much as some of us sherdoggers!!!! Very evil compared to most adult humans through history running businesses or governments.

Have you seen her stock holdings and numerous houses? Definitely one of the richest most corrupt people to ever get elected.

It's amazing how people don't even figure that possibility in. Like, she's not a piece of shit and just tried to help. LOL, no way!!!

It's all projection... Those on the right ultimately recognize that the current GOP's highest profile players are all insincere, self-serving grifters and so they assume that's true of every high profile politician on the other side of the aisle, too.

(A similar form of projection also explains the right's obsession with the imminent threat of predatory pedophiles.)

You're ignoring what the thread is about and looking for low hanging fruit. And didn't Snopes disprove that it was staged?
https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/aoc-empty-parking-lot/

When are you going to enact proper discursive decorum? You go around from thread to thread pointing out things that aren't even related to the topic, lie about them (like the AOC claim above) and disappear when you get your ass handed (like you're about to do now).
Snopes even defended Anderson Cooper in his flood photo by saying it was mis captioned. We get it.

This thread is about AOC. She is a complete disgrace of a person and politician. Not sure why this social media influencer is getting all this air time.

God some of you are still so obsessed with Trump its pathetic. Makes point , immediately has to make a comparison to Trump because I somehow care how she compares to the son of a rich man.

Because it's an easy way to point out your hypocrisy and double standards for what you expect from a politician.

Not my fault you can't hold the same standards across the board. Also not my fault Republicans feverishly attempted to keep him in power and defended his every action.

Snopes even defended Anderson Cooper in his flood photo by saying it was mis captioned. We get it.

This thread is about AOC. She is a complete disgrace of a person and politician. Not sure why this social media influencer is getting all this air time.

Really?

ted-cruz-cancun-memes-nicknames.jpg

Well I think maybe you have a hard time properly defining "disgrace". I would say raising 3.2 million dollars is honorable which is the opposite of disgrace, in this case. When you compare those actions with Ted Cruz's, who disgracefully left Texas to Basque in the warm Cancun sun waiting for everything to blow over, it is especially honorable, wouldn't you think?

She's the hero America needs, but doesn't deserve. It's so funny that the people who bend over backwards to defend Donald Trump and Ted Cruz blast AOC for helping. What a messed up country we have.

Four million now. Amazing stuff. Cruz probably shuddering that he has to find a way to help these poor people. Picturing himself on a beach with an umbrella in his drink.

Well I think maybe you have a hard time properly defining "disgrace". I would say raising 3.2 million dollars is honorable which is the opposite of disgrace, in this case. When you compare those actions with Ted Cruz's, who disgracefully left Texas to Basque in the warm Cancun sun waiting for everything to blow over, it is especially honorable, wouldn't you think?
You still sticking with the Snopes lie?

UPDATE: Snopes, the left-leaning fact-checking site, has now confirmed Grabien News’ report.

Snopes actually claims they’ve debunked the report, but their investigation in fact does the opposite. As reported above, both the photographer who re-surfaced the photos as well as AOC suggested the images depict her crying at the sight of nearby “caged” children. Snopes spoke with the photographer, who confirms that’s not the case:

Given that the detention of immigrant children has become a major point of national controversy, and that the obsession with Ocasio-Cortez among right-leaning media outlets has been fairly constant since her surprise election to represent New York’s 14th district in 2018, it’s perhaps no surprise that dissecting the pictures for signs of alleged malfeasance became a new internet pastime.

“The pictures were ridiculed particularly as there was no sight of actual migrant children during the protest,” Fox News reported.

That’s no surprise, Aguirre told us. The roadway leading to the encampment was closed off to news media and protesters.
“Obviously,” he said, “there weren’t kids two feet away.”

https://news.grabien.com/story-exclusive-new-pics-show-aoc-crying-photo-op-was-empty-parkin

The fascinating thing about the partisan divide is that people will support Ted for abandoning his state and criticize AOC for trying to help simply because of party affiliation. It's not new but to see the extent to which actions don't matter to some people is always important to see in effect.

The fascinating thing about the partisan divide is that people will support Ted for abandoning his state and criticize AOC for trying to help simply because of party affiliation. It's not new but to see the extent to which actions don't matter to some people is always important to see in effect.
And I believe this has gotten much worse in America over the past 12-13 years. I remember when W was president, people on both sides of the aisle sometimes agreed on things. Now it's a lot of hateful vitriol. We came together during 9/11. During corona we have never been more divided.

Again i don't know if it's an endorsement so i will just skip it.

Why does it bother you? I already said that i think she did something good. That doesn't mean i would ever vote for her. Michael Jackson raised tons of money for Ethiopia...they should make him their president?

I treat politicians as a necessary evil. I vote for whoever is gonna stay the fuck out of my business.

AOC is a masterful grassroots campaigner and community organizer. You can dislike her for her views but when it comes to moving and shaking, she's one of the best at it. Fundraising campaigns for her are easy as pie. She saw a need through the GoP's inaction and decided to roll up her sleeves. It's a testament to her as a person but also to the level of influence she has in the country. She's authentic and has integrity. Ted Cruz is her antihero
She has selective integrity. Whenever she opposes the republicans, she has brass balls. But she turns into a jellyfish when asked to stand up for medicare for all or up to Pelosi.

She raised 4 million dollars and turned this into a media event. I had simps telling me that AOC has no power and shouldn't fight for medicare for all. This entire thing proves the opposite.

It's all projection... Those on the right ultimately recognize that the current GOP's highest profile players are all insincere, self-serving grifters and so they assume that's true of every high profile politician on the other side of the aisle, too.

(A similar form of projection also explains the right's obsession with the imminent threat of predatory pedophiles.)
Not just people on the right. I'm on the left for most things and can't trust anything she does. Not everybody is like you and pulling for a "team".

You're ignoring what the thread is about and looking for low hanging fruit. And didn't Snopes disprove that it was staged?
https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/aoc-empty-parking-lot/

When are you going to enact proper discursive decorum? You go around from thread to thread pointing out things that aren't even related to the topic, lie about them (like the AOC claim above) and disappear when you get your ass handed (like you're about to do now).
Come on, now. Snopes saying they debunked the story and actually debunking the story is 2 things.

Because it's an easy way to point out your hypocrisy and double standards for what you expect from a politician.

Not my fault you can't hold the same standards across the board. Also not my fault Republicans feverishly attempted to keep him in power and defended his every action.
What in the actual fuck are you talking about? I'm not a republican . Your honestly obsessed. Again, pathetic.

Again i don't know if it's an endorsement so i will just skip it.

Why does it bother you? I already said that i think she did something good. That doesn't mean i would ever vote for her. Michael Jackson raised tons of money for Ethiopia...they should make him their president?

I treat politicians as a necessary evil. I vote for whoever is gonna stay the fuck out of my business.
What does any of that have to do with me? I made an observation. It doesn't require me to be bothered or elated to notice something and comment on it. Neutral observation is something I frequently engage in.

Back