Elections Majority of Democrat- & Republican voters feel that media divides ppl along racial & gender lines

Look in any thread in the war room and gauge the tone. Cowardly to put this on the media. This is what people want, what they ask and react to. Media is just supplying the demand.

iu

Keep ignoring reality for your "opinion". It will take you far in life. And no, I do not expect you to understand the photo, that would require some learning on your part. Have fun remaining ignorant.

For everyone else though, here is more of the New York Times lack of divisiveness and more proof of how trustworthy they are.

Only moral decent white people feel guilty for being white.

Black people have it so bad.

All white people are racist, muh feelings say so.

Cartoon frog really is a Nazi symbol, 4chan is a serious place and anyone that disagrees is an actual Nazi trying to deflect...surest sign of legit media right here overflowing with being trustworthy.

America is filled with racist white people, get with the times...literally.

Trotsky will dismiss this, because he cant form an actual argument to defend what he says. Do this to him every time folks because he always has nothing but his own uninformed opinion and nothing tangible.

Only a complete drooling idiot would claim that the NYT isn't pushing leftist, anti-white, racially divisive garbage.

The demographic make up of those states you’re talking about

I know you're referring to the South having a higher percentage of African Americans, but I don't know what you're trying to say. New Hampshire's reputation as non-diverse is an impediment to attracting talented minority job seekers and commerce from minority communities. That is why they're trying to ameliorate the issue. That does not mean that all states with large minority populations treat their minority populations well or that the large minority population itself makes the states attractive to commerce.

If your definition of divisiveness requires that we ignore that races exist, that racism exists, and that insights and truths can be extracted from racial interaction to improve our society and the lives of our citizens, then yeah every single journalistic institution ever is divisive.

Also, the New Hampshire one is just factual: New Hampshire is trying to make itself more appealing to nonwhite citizens so that it doesn't suffer population/economic loss and can compete with more diverse states where racial minorities feel more welcomed. It's completely logical that a state whose demography is very different from the country at large would want to make itself as enticing as other states that are more representative.

This is fucking great. How are they intending to make NH more inviting to minorities again? What's the interest there?

Look in any thread in the war room and gauge the tone. Cowardly to put this on the media. This is what people want, what they ask and react to. Media is just supplying the demand.

Something tells me that you don't find it cowardly to put the cause of divisiveness on Trump though.

I know you're referring to the South having a higher percentage of African Americans, but I don't know what you're trying to say. New Hampshire's reputation as non-diverse is an impediment to attracting talented minority job seekers and commerce from minority communities. That is why they're trying to ameliorate the issue. That does not mean that all states with large minority populations treat their minority populations well or that the large minority population itself makes the states attractive to commerce.
Yet they can all move whenever they want and choose to stay

An important thing to remember is that the news media is an entertainment product. It's in competition with Netflix and professional sports and everything else that consumers pay attention to Iin their leisure time. So they have to appeal to our most base instincts, they have to exploit the right emotional triggers, to get people to keep clicking/tuning in and therefore command higher advertising rates.

An important thing to remember is that the news media is an entertainment product. It's in competition with Netflix and professional sports and everything else that consumers pay attention to Iin their leisure time. So they have to appeal to our most base instincts, they have to exploit the right emotional triggers, to get people to keep clicking/tuning in and therefore command higher advertising rates.
They do not HAVE to do anything besides report the fucking news

This is why news coverage should never be allowed to be profit driven. It's an actual danger to society. Like you say, they thrive on divisiveness, I can't believe the things I see in some of these Fox and CNN clips, it's not actually news.
News =/= entertainment, not everything have to be

This type of broadcasting should, if not nationalized, at least be strictly regulated by the state to provide fair and unbiased coverage. Anything else is a disaster.

They do not HAVE to do anything besides report the fucking news

Their main goal is to make money though. With that in mind they're gonna do whatever brings the most eyeballs to their product.

This is why news coverage should never be allowed to be profit driven. It's an actual danger to society. Like you say, they thrive on divisiveness, I can't believe the things I see in some of these Fox and CNN clips, it's not actually news.

This type of broadcasting should, if not nationalized, at least be strictly regulated by the state to provide fair and unbiased coverage. Anything else is a disaster.

Right but that brings with it another set of problems. The state i.e. the ruling party gets to decide what's fair and unbiased? And journalists are all being paid by the state and therefore reporting on their employers? We see it with CBC here in Canada that there's a clear bias for the Liberals ever since Trudeau increased their operating budget.

I honestly don't think there is any solution to these problems, any magic formula. We're screwed either way.

Right but that brings with it another set of problems. The state i.e. the ruling party gets to decide what's fair and unbiased? And journalists are all being paid by the state and therefore reporting on their employers? We see it with CBC here in Canada that there's a clear bias for the Liberals ever since Trudeau increased their operating budget.

I honestly don't think there is any solution to these problems, any magic formula. We're screwed either way.

There obviously have to be an unbiased mechanism to hold news media accountable in some form atleast. If not by the state then by whom?

Impartiality and accuracy should be key concepts that the media is held up to. There is no better option than a goverment agency, independent from the ruling party of course, operating to uphold these principles. Atleast that is the way it works in Sweden, and we have nothing comparable to CNN and FOX, not even close. It's obivously a problem if it works like in Canada, that your ruling party can wield influence, but its really not the way it has to operate.

This type of broadcasting should, if not nationalized, at least be strictly regulated by the state to provide fair and unbiased coverage.

Good point. Much safer to have the government decide what news people should be allowed to here.

To me a better suggestion would be some type of private accreditation body. A guild that establishes a set of standards and issues credentials to journalists and media outlets. If they want to be able to advertise themselves as news or reporting the news then they need to maintain core standards of journalism.

To me a better suggestion would be some type of private accreditation body. A guild that establishes a set of standards and issues credentials to journalists and media outlets. If they want to be able to advertise themselves as news or reporting the news then they need to maintain core standards of journalism.

Yes, if it can actually be codified and upheld, that is another option, but there are certain issues that comes with "policing yourself" after all. The main issue, as I see it, is that media needs to be able to be held accountable by the public not just by themselves. I wouldn't want police strictly overseeing themselves for example, no public service should be, and broadcasting news ends up being just that: a public service. Their standards should reflect that in the end, I find corporate driven news media abhorrent.
It's not a issue of state-run media here but the form of the body that oversees it. You can take a look at how the Swedish governing agency works that handles tv and radio broadcasting: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swedish_Broadcasting_Authority

Back