Man Defends Home From Intruder, Cops Kill Him

Tragic. Though I'm not sure criminal charges are warranted, at least not serious ones, it sets a bad precedent imo.

Is it right to send a man into daily life and death situations with the caveat that if he screws up in a gunfight he will go to jail? I don't think so, just put him on desk duty or can his ass.

That royally sucks

In my head as a concealed carrier, I definitely see cops as an unintended 2nd threat in an active shooter situation.

They get called out to a slaughter at a mall, round a corner, and see a man with a gun pointing it at another and take him out, not realizing they killed the hero that put 3 rounds into the shooter and was holding him at gunpoint waiting for the cops to arrive.

Can see the same thing with home invasion. They show up, see guy with gun out, and shoot thinking they took care of the bad guy. Shitty, shitty situation all around. RIP.

The only tiny upside to this story is that the homeowner killed the intruder and kept the rest of his family safe

Seems like the 6 weeks of training are really serving these officers well. Shooting everybody, using coin-flips to arrest people, playing deadly Simon Says.

Clearly a professional group of people.

Tragic. Though I'm not sure criminal charges are warranted, at least not serious ones, it sets a bad precedent imo.

Is it right to send a man into daily life and death situations with the caveat that if he screws up in a gunfight he will go to jail? I don't think so, just put him on desk duty or can his ass.

He wasn't in a gunfight

That doesn't really change my point. It's cool if you disagree, just share your perspective.

My thoughts on this sort of thing are why I have a yellow card.

I think that cops should be held to the same standard as anyone else. They should never be above the law. Never.

Seems like the 6 weeks of training are really serving these officers well. Shooting everybody, using coin-flips to arrest people, playing deadly Simon Says.

Clearly a professional group of people.
What 6 weeks of training are referring to?

Hey has there been a thread on this one?

https://nypost.com/2018/07/31/video-shows-cops-fatally-shooting-knife-wielding-man-and-his-hostage/

Graphic police body-cam video released Tuesday shows three Los Angeles cops fatally shooting a knife-wielding gang member and the woman he was holding hostage with the blade to her throat.

Cops fired 18 rounds during the confrontation outside a homeless outreach center in Van Nuys on June 16, which unfolded when they responded to a report that a man had stabbed his ex-girlfriend, LAPD Chief Michael Moore told reporters at a news conference.

The video shows ex-con Guillermo Perez, 32, ignoring repeated commands to drop the knife he was holding, and shielding himself with a metal folding chair when cops used shotguns to fire non-lethal bean bags at him.

“He moved away from officers and grabbed an innocent bystander who was standing nearby,” Moore said, according to KABC-TV.

“Perez began to cut the innocent bystander’s throat with a knife. That’s when three officers shot at Perez to stop his actions and prevent him from killing the hostage.”

Video shows both Perez and hostage Elizabeth Tollison, 49 — who was standing with the help of a rolling walker — crumple to the sidewalk amid the hail of gunfire.

Moore called Tollison’s tragic killing the result of “a tense situation that unfolded very quickly.”

“It’s every officer’s worst nightmare,” he added.

Theres a video of this that was just released today but I wont post it. My T levels have dropped too low to handle watching people die :(

Not sure I can really blame the PoPo here though. What a shitty situation.

My thoughts on this sort of thing are why I have a yellow card.

I think that cops should be held to the same standard as anyone else. They should never be above the law. Never.

Gotcha.

I'm not suggesting they be above the law, if they knowingly break the law they should be reprimanded more harshly because they should be more accountable, but with that responsibility, we should, I think, be more lenient when a tragic accident like this occurs.

It doesn't seem wise to send a man with a gun to protect society and to also punish him severely if he screws up.

The other thing that is overlooked is that his life is basically ruined as well. He has to live with an innocent man's death.

Though obviously every situation is different, I'm speaking generally, this particular case could be an exception if the details show gross misconduct...

Dang.

Sad to hear. My prayers go out to the victim and the Cop that has to live with what they did....

Lord Have Mercy...

So to get this right, a homeowner calls the cops about a home invasion. Kills someone (with a weapon? a gun?) and then cop comes to house of reported home invasion and kills a guy who just killed someone...

All I can gather is that the cop responded to a home invasion, saw a guy with a weapon when he entered the home, and mistook him for the perp and fired away.

It sucks, but if that's what happened, it's hard to fault the officer. If the guy was unarmed, that's a different story. We also don't know what the lighting was like inside the house, or whether or not the cop heard gunshots, or what. Hope they've got the bodycam footage.

This unfortunately looks like a really tragic situation but not necessarily police misconduct/brutality..

https://nypost.com/2018/07/31/video-shows-cops-fatally-shooting-knife-wielding-man-and-his-hostage/

Graphic police body-cam video released Tuesday shows three Los Angeles cops fatally shooting a knife-wielding gang member and the woman he was holding hostage with the blade to her throat.

Cops fired 18 rounds during the confrontation outside a homeless outreach center in Van Nuys on June 16, which unfolded when they responded to a report that a man had stabbed his ex-girlfriend, LAPD Chief Michael Moore told reporters at a news conference.

The video shows ex-con Guillermo Perez, 32, ignoring repeated commands to drop the knife he was holding, and shielding himself with a metal folding chair when cops used shotguns to fire non-lethal bean bags at him.

“He moved away from officers and grabbed an innocent bystander who was standing nearby,” Moore said, according to KABC-TV.

“Perez began to cut the innocent bystander’s throat with a knife. That’s when three officers shot at Perez to stop his actions and prevent him from killing the hostage.”

Video shows both Perez and hostage Elizabeth Tollison, 49 — who was standing with the help of a rolling walker — crumple to the sidewalk amid the hail of gunfire.

Moore called Tollison’s tragic killing the result of “a tense situation that unfolded very quickly.”

Theres a video of this that was just released today but I wont post it. My T levels have dropped too low to handle watching people die :(

Holy hell lol, those cops must have watched one too many action movies where the hero just shoots through the hostage to get the perp. Absolutely no effort to talk him down and secure the hostage or anything, jesus.

He'll say the victim was "antagonistisizing" or something.

Is this a reference to perps being "assaultive"?

giphy.gif

In his defense, when I googled "assaultive" it did come up in police vernacular.

Is this a reference to perps being "assaultive"?

giphy.gif

In his defense, when I googled "assaultive" it did come up in police vernacular.
He got lucky cause he 100% made that up but yes, it was a jab at that.

What kind of a dumbass stands 10 feet from a guy holding a knife being yelled at by armed American police officers and doesn't move?

Yeah this is totally a safe place to be standing...

Found another angle of the hostage vid:
658.0.0.png

Last edited:
Cops have been doing some stupid shit lately but on the flip side you retards should show a little common sense around clearly identified police officers. Like oh i don't know. Complying with their demands? I have watched all these videos of these fucking idiots NOT complying. And what is the end result? Your dumb fucking ass gets shot and thats one less retard in the gene pool. FFS.

I can never understand why they argue with a ARMED officer knowing they have itchy trigger fingers. Shut the fuck up. Use your right to remain silent. Do what they say then plead your shit in court. Or if you didn't do anything wrong you go on your way.

Back