Man tries to stop car jacking but it goes really wrong.

It is a slippery slope.

Is this one piece of property with dying over? No.

If you let criminals do whatever they want, whenever they want......what will this lead to?

I think it is worth it for people to stand up for themselves. In this specific case...........how in the world did this guy miss?
That attitude leads to things like the two FLorida dads killing each other's young daughters in a road rage incident.

Should at least get basic shooting lessons. 4 shots from 2 ft away an misses. Un real

If you've never seen it look up the Kehoe brothers traffic stop and shootout. Multiple cops and the Kehoe brothers, who were a couple of militia doofuses presumably with a lot of firearm experience, unloaded at each other and none of them hit shit.

And as a bonus, child me is technically in that video. My dad and I drove past them just when everything popped off.

Now the idiot who stole the car has a murder charge on top of GTA. Was life in prison worth all that

Shooting him? The thief was unarmed so self defense laws wouldn't have protected him had he shot and killed him.
Was the thief unarmed? The video is so far away it's hard to see, but yeah if he shot an unarmed car thief he'd go to jail. You're only allowed to shoot someone to save lives, not property.

From what I've been able to find, the dude is dead. Not watching the video tho

I don't know why a judge would let this guy out looking like this

ricky-alex-driggers-man-north-80105238.jpg
Wearing the turtle suit like a toga <Oku02>

I saw a biker catch air in a crash once, so it's kind of fvcked up LOL{<shrug}

I mean, you can't shoot someone for simply stealing a vehicle, and the dude may have reacted differently had he not been shot at. Not blaming the victim here, but the gun could have turned a routine car theft into homicide

Even if the thief was armed, but driving away, there’s no grounds for firing on him.

The only way shooting that shithead carjacker would be legally acceptable would be when he’s driving towards you. Then it becomes self defense.. but it’s still probably best to just get the fuck out the way and call the police.

Only way I’m giving enough fucks about a vehicle to shoot someone trying to steal it is if one (or both) of my sons were in it.

Was the thief unarmed? The video is so far away it's hard to see, but yeah if he shot an unarmed car thief he'd go to jail. You're only allowed to shoot someone to save lives, not property.

Here’s the newspaper story on that incident, it was just last month. The custom was a NC DOT worker and that was a government vehicle.
Both the carjacker and the victim were complete fuckwits.
- Retarded to steal a govt. vehicle because it’s probably got GPS on it.
-Retarded to give a fuck and shoot at the thief stealing a motherfucking government work truck. Just let it go and file a report. He probably wasn’t even supposed to be carrying at work anyway.

Agree - was like thst scene from Pulp Fiction where the kid gangsters shoot at Jules an Vinny at 10 feet empty gun an miss both . Even if your not a good shot 2 feet is 2 ft.
1713335126773.gif

saw a very quick clip of it earlier. originally i thought the shooter was the carjacker but damn that's sad.

Why is everyone bringing up gross tonnage incorrectly today?

Gross tonnage is enclosed space not weight. Like a fat person doesn't have more gross tonnage because that isn't internal space just blubber. You get run over by a cars bumper not their gross tonnage.
Speaking of incorrect usage, fat is not blubber. They are two different things. Only marine mammals have it.

Speaking of incorrect usage, fat is not blubber. They are two different things. Only marine mammals have it.

In either case it would not count as part of your gross tonnage. But yes fat people are not literally whales.

I'm good with the guy attempting to shoot the car jacker.

Don't want to risk getting shot? Don't steal cars. Pretty simple.

If we actually had strict laws that made sense legally and morally, we wouldn't have to put up with as much of this bullshit. Instead we have lax laws and are told to just do nothing and call the cops. You do that and you wind up with your work truck with tens of thousands of dollars worth of tools stolen, your truck burned or found fucked up on the side of the road somewhere and you're out a bunch of money and a bunch of time. The criminal just profits from it all unless there's the small chance that he actually gets caught by the police, which is unlikely.

Question is why do our laws put law abiding citizens in a lose lose situation? Only the criminal should be in a lose lose situation.

There are certain crimes that really should have heavier punishments. Car Jacking when owner is in car or present is a great example. The owner usually gets hurt, traumitized or sometimes killed. The car is then usually used to commit other crimes, or can be used as a deadly weapon. A chase is dangerous for everyone. Make an announcement, put up flyers....If you are involved in a Car Jacking its a 20 year minimum sentence. The crime will go away. I feel the same away about crimes commited with guns.

Back