Social Mancare: soaps, deodorant, shaving products featuring: J’s handcrafted, Hoffmans, The Black Stuff

I hated that soap
I have it. It is now at the bottom of my stack.

EDIT: I finally got around to trying the Dracula soap from Monster. It's definitely not my favorite, but it wasn't putrid like it was in beard oil form.

DraculaSoap.png

Last edited:
I am still using up soap I got from my first Dapper Yankee order. I tried their Fireside variety, which has a scent of Cade, Fir Needle, and Cedarwood. It's a "smokey" scent that I just don't care for. It does help clear your sinuses out a little bit though. Like other Dapper Yankee soaps, it has a solid texture and takes a little while to break in.

Fireside-Dapper-Yankee-1683517655.png

6_4e8e8510-9722-4060-a868-31a1e2d55c1d_800x.png

Last edited:
I tried the Ginger Lime variety of Good News Soap. It smells great, but I wish the scent was a little stronger. It also works up an awesome foamy lather.

20220213_210245-2-241x241.jpg

Last edited:
I gave Psycho Clown beard oil from Monster a try. No doubt the blood orange and vanilla mix smell like creamsicle. Good smell but not my preference to walk around smelling like creamsicle. Moderate beard softening.
upload_2023-5-7_12-56-21.png

I tried Dapper Yankee's soap called Glacier Ridge, which says it has a scent of "crisp Alaskan Air, spices, and musk." However, I didn't care for the scent at all. It smells like something my grandmother might have used. It does have a decent lather and a grit, that doesn't catch on body hair, that is good for getting rid of dead/dry skin.

upload_2023-5-15_1-7-36.png

Last edited:
I gave the Viking beard oil from Monster a try, which contains Vetiver and Cedar. I like the scent, so I may try the soap at some point. It kind of smells like incense. Moderate beard softening.

upload_2023-5-16_9-37-39.png

Last edited:
Tried the Orange Clove variety of Good News Soap, which smells pretty good, but again I wish the scent was a little stronger. It has a solid texture that works up a really good lather.

30178-100x100.jpg

Attachments

• upload_2023-5-22_0-53-23.png
    upload_2023-5-22_0-53-23.png
    330.6 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:
I tried the soap and beard balm variety of Monster called The Sentinel, which has a scent of vetiver and frankincense. I don't really care for the scent, and I can understand why it is on clearance. The soap has a solid texture with descent lather. The balm has a moderate hold and leaves a white residue you really have to rub in to get rid of.

upload_2023-5-27_13-35-30.png

I tried Monster's Creature variety in both soap and beard oil form, which is a scent of bergamot, frankincense, and vanilla. Trying both made me realize that the beard oil versions of these scents are brighter/more pronounced. That said, it smells alright but nothing overly awesome. Where the soap is awesome is in the grit. It has an awesome grit that is good for removing dead/dry skin that doesn't rip out body hair. The beard oil still only provides moderate beard softening.

CreatureSoap_fb1d5d3f-6c9d-4a1d-8912-e7bafd9d3ac3.png

Per @nhbbear 's suggestion, I also tried the Bride variety of Monster soap. It definitely smells like chocolate and vanilla (kind of like hot cocoa with a lot of whip cream), so if that is your bag you will like this soap. For me, I think I have come to find out that it just isn't my preference to smell like candy.

Last edited:
Certain soaps Drys my skin out.

Same with shampoos, i cant use certain ones or it fucks my scalp up
I see. To be honest with you, I have some issues with dry skin myself, and the best soap I have tried (by far) for dry skin is The Black Stuff. I didn't really care for the scent of the soaps I tried from them, but maybe you will like them better. Black Stout wasn't horrible, and there are many other varieties from them I haven't even tried.

The Mangrate sponsorship ended without amicability.

I see. To be honest with you, I have some issues with dry skin myself, and the best soap I have tried (by far) for dry skin is The Black Stuff. I didn't really care for the scent of the soaps I tried from them, but maybe you will like them better. Black Stout wasn't horrible, and there are many other varieties from them I haven't even tried.

i usually gotta use stuff designed for my skin or products with out chemicals. Shit that uses natural products, i usually use shea moisture, but i wanna find some nicer stuff so i can smell like an African god. lmao

i usually gotta use stuff designed for my skin or products with out chemicals. Shit that uses natural products, i usually use shea moisture, but i wanna find some nicer stuff so i can smell like an African god. lmao
LOL. Well, the Black Stuff claims you will "Smell like an Irishman," but I haven't encountered any Irish folks that smell quite like that. The upside of the Black Stuff is that it is definitely all natural with no chemicals.

I will post here if I come across anything else that works really well with dry skin.

I have never tried African black soap, so I can't speak to how effective it is.

LOL. Well, the Black Stuff claims you will "Smell like an Irishman," but I haven't encountered any Irish folks that smell quite like that. The upside of the Black Stuff is that it is definitely all natural with no chemicals.

I will post here if I come across anything else that works really well with dry skin.

I have never tried African black soap, so I can't speak to how effective it is.

i dont know about smelling like an irishman, but man i got some soap for you to try brother.

71v2TH9+3uL._SL1500_.jpg

Try this bar for your face. i use this exclusively right now only for my face and shoulders.

I tried my first variety from Falls River Soap Co. called Bois D'Inde, which is scented with Bay Rum. It is an all natural soap with a typical consistency and lather. This is my first time trying a Bay Rum scented soap, so I do not know how it compares to others. It smells alright but nothing I would put at the top of my list.

upload_2023-6-17_19-24-47.png

I will add reviews of other soap varieties from this company to this post if I think they are worth reviewing.

Last edited:
I tried Dapper Yankee's soap called Glacier Ridge, which says it has a scent of "crisp Alaskan Air, spices, and musk." However, I didn't care for the scent at all. It smells like something my grandmother might have used. It does have a decent lather and a grit, that doesn't catch on body hair, that is good for getting rid of dead/dry skin.

View attachment 983092

If you’re into it, their rootbeer barrel soap and deo are awesome-again, if you like rootbeer. Their humidor is also really good. Haven’t been too impressed with the other bars I have tried from them-blonde ipa, bourbon ledgers and tee tree.

And sorry I have not been keeping up. I have made a ton of purchases per the usual, but I lost my dad a few weeks ago and haven’t really fucked with sherdog since.

But I will try to post some reviews tomorrow

Back