Mass Effect Andromeda **(Out March 21st)**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nearly every conversation is the worst part of the game. I'm sure they could make a netflix series out of how awful the facial animations are. This isn't cherry picking, as hardly any of the game is available to the public, it's a massive red flag. If you really are an ME fan, you should be deeply concerned.

Sorry just didn't see anything in that video to be deeply concerned about. Facial animations seemed fine to me. Your expectations must be much higher to mine. I have a feeling your going to be extremely disappointed by this game.

Sorry just didn't see anything in that video to be deeply concerned about. Facial animations seemed fine to me. Your expectations must be much higher to mine. I have a feeling your going to be extremely disappointed by this game.

If you think those animations (facial especially) look fine, then I question your objectivity. I just hope the game outside that is good.

I modded the last two ME games to give a better FOV, as I found it nauseating. It caused some serious glitches, but I was able to look past it because I enjoyed the universe and characters so much. Fingers crossed for this, but after DA Inquisition, my expectations aren't high.

If you think those animations (facial especially) look fine, then I question your objectivity. I just hope the game outside that is good.

I modded the last two ME games to give a better FOV, as I found it nauseating. It caused some serious glitches, but I was able to look past it because I enjoyed the universe and characters so much. Fingers crossed for this, but after DA Inquisition, my expectations aren't high.

Yea I think we just look for different things in games. For instance after DAI my expectations are high. I'm already on my third play through in DAI. The ME series is the greatest games of all time IMO. Fallout and Elder scroll games are praised but they also have horrible facials animations. Just for comparison what games that are like this have great facial animations (and aren't just playing a pre rendering the video).

Fucking EU gets 2 day delay. We need some to make EU great again.

What?! So we are not getting it on the 21st as well?

Algt0Pk.gif

It took getting on the Nexus before I was all in. It's Mass Effect and it's great.

How is the character customization?

Algt0Pk.gif

I take it you live in Europe? Sorry man. This is how I feel about Japanese made games. I love JRPG's but so many I have to wait to be dubbed and all that shit same with the anime (although I could do subs but I prefer not to).

Algt0Pk.gif

Need some of that Irish Brazilian luck charm. We gotta roll on MP on the weekend if you got the time. I know your are roughly 5 hours ahead. I play with a bunch of blokes from UK.

I take it you live in Europe? Sorry man. This is how I feel about Japanese made games. I love JRPG's but so many I have to wait to be dubbed and all that shit same with the anime (although I could do subs but I prefer not to).

Yeah, i live in Ireland. I had no idea this game had a different release date for Europe, that is very annoying. Thankfully it's only two days so i'll live.

I usually don't play that many Japanese games but i have experienced that with Dark Souls 3, it came out like a month before in Japan and by the time i got to play it i already got the whole lore and weapons spoiled for me. I can't only imagine what you go through <2>

Need some of that Irish Brazilian luck charm. We gotta roll on MP on the weekend if you got the time. I know your are roughly 5 hours ahead. I play with a bunch of blokes from UK.

Ohh, we should definitely play it together! I believe the last time we played together it was GTA Online many moons ago, we definitely have to fix that.

I should be free on the weekend so i'll let you know if i'll be playing it, hopefully this MP is as fun as ME3, i used to play it to death to get the points for the good ending, lol

Last edited:
Yeah, i live in Ireland. I had no idea this game had a different release date for Europe, that is very annoying. Thankfully it's only two days so i'll live.

I usually don't play that many Japanese games but i have experienced that with Dark Souls 3, it came out like a month before in Japan and by the time i got to play it i already got the whole lore and weapons spoiled for me. I can't only imagine what you go through <2>

Ohh, we should definitely play it together! I believe the last time we played together it was GTA Online many moons ago, we definitely have to fix that.

I should be free on the weekend so i'll let you know if i'll be playing it, hopefully this MP is as fun as ME3, i used to play it to death to get the points for the good ending, lol

I remember FFX was released mid 2001 in Japan, then half a year later in the US, and another half a year delay for Europe. We have it much better these days with AAA games.

The facial animations aren't great but my god they don't break the game. The voice acting is still pretty damn good. That means more.

Just finished downloading it. Not sure if I should go in early access or not. Are you blocked after a certain story point or after a certain amount of time?

Just finished downloading it. Not sure if I should go in early access or not. Are you blocked after a certain story point or after a certain amount of time?

Both.

Really? I love Mass Effect but this looks and sounds like armature hour. The red flags have been popping up for months. I think we have a case of diversity over quality in the dev/graphics teams. I hope I'm wrong.

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/tag/mass-effect/

Im a Bioware fanboy, even I admit the animations and overall graphic quality seems lacking.

That said. That video is stupid. Theyre literally using clips of of little lighting glitches and models not "connecting" properly which is something that happens in any goddamn game ever made. It happens every time Geralts hair grows over his sword and he takes a step.

I get it. The animations aren't well done. But at this point it's becoming the "cool" thing to do and everybody is jumping on the hate train. Even awhile back I remember reading a hands on preview saying the first few hours of the game are pretty rough but it opens up and starts to improve dramatically. It might not be a classic but we can all admit it's going to get firebombed with 0's out the gate on metacritic because "hurrr durrrr hardcore gamer urrrr" and its unlikely to be a bad game. Maybe lacking in areas, but the hate is strong.

I'm having a lot of fun and I've barely scratched the surface of the game (about 4-5 hours in). This seems like this year's big game where critics start flexing their writing skills in order to not seem like the paid shills nearly all of them are. It's not a 100% polished game and there are some small issues here and there (unflattering lighting just like in every previous Mass Effect game, serviceable and/or awkward facial animations at times, awful hair and a terrible character creator) but none of that has taken away from my enjoyment and overall fun. The graphics are fine. This isn't a 10 hour linear cutscene heavy game made for one platform like Uncharted. This game is big. I think if you're a Mass Effect fan who can let go of your attachment to the past trilogy and characters, you'll enjoy it. Lots of conversations, lots of lore tidbits. Combat is the best it's been with the added mobility. Anyone who says this isn't a Mass Effect game is full of garbage.

All the good talent at Gamestop is long gone anyways, I'd never look to them for solid opinions. PC Gamer was also ripping into it a bit yet they deemed Dishonored 2 their GOTY for 2016 and the PC version of that game was fucked at launch. Ridiculous.

I'm also tired of all the complaints about Bioware "pandering" to LBGT or minority players. It's not like some character is asking you to run into the space restroom for a quick blow or anything. Fans of Bioware games probably cover a pretty wide demographic of people, god forbid they try to include some things those players can relate to. It reminds me of when people were pissed the main protagonist of GTA San Andreas was black. Bunch of whining babies.

I read the PCGamer impressions you're referring to. They seemed to be pretty fair and weren't exactly talking purely about performance. "Mixed feelings, but having fun" doesn't really seem like it's throwing it out in the trash.

http://www.pcgamer.com/we-have-mixed-feelings-about-the-first-few-hours-of-mass-effect-andromeda/

Really? I love Mass Effect but this looks and sounds like armature hour. The red flags have been popping up for months. I think we have a case of diversity over quality in the dev/graphics teams. I hope I'm wrong.

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/tag/mass-effect/

0*teoWp35ubrpLUjdG.

Wow, that's really bad. I was debating getting this, but looks like I'll just wait. Horizon Zero Dawn is calling my name.

The facial animations aren't great but my god they don't break the game. The voice acting is still pretty damn good. That means more.
How are the quests? How's the dialogue too?

Yea I think we just look for different things in games. For instance after DAI my expectations are high. I'm already on my third play through in DAI. The ME series is the greatest games of all time IMO. Fallout and Elder scroll games are praised but they also have horrible facials animations. Just for comparison what games that are like this have great facial animations (and aren't just playing a pre rendering the video).
DAI felt like a single player MMO to me, I just stopped caring about it after a while. I was a huge DAO fan and I even enjoyed DA2, despite the poor level design. Like New Vegas, I think I was more forgiving of its short comings because I knew it was rushed.

How was the ending to DAI? Did the story pick up?

0*teoWp35ubrpLUjdG.

Wow, that's really bad. I was debating getting this, but looks like I'll just wait. Horizon Zero Dawn is calling my name.

I'd rather not shit up this thread but it looks like this page already had that happen. Two can play this game.

By far the worst VA I've ever heard in a game and I've played a lot of Eurojank rpgs in my day.

If one isn't interested in the game, cool. But the hyperbole is as strong as internet nerds can muster at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back