Masvidal is What GSP Wishes He Was

I'm quite certain GSP would rather be the guy that has no unavenged losses, with a historic title run in a talent rich division, and a cemented legacy as one of the best to ever do it....than a potpourri record with varying degrees of success...yet exciting finishes here and there.

Masvidal right now is better than GSP ever was.

I love how people reach this conclusion after a 2-fight win streak. Mas just beat two 1-dimensional guys. They were nice wins, but before that he lost to Wonderboy and Maia, and let both of them dictate how and where the fight went. If he can't stop TDs from a 39-year old BJJ guy, ain't no way he's stopping TDs from a prime 2009 GSP.

50-45 GSP win, 10 out of 10 times if they fought prime vs prime. GSP is no Askren.

Masvidal right now is better than GSP ever was.
3lcd.jpg

He's a two time champ. You don't get to be a new champ every time you defend a belt. But yes, I don't think GSP is too concerned that 13 loss Masvidal is about to eclipse his legacy.

I don't think you understood what I was saying. He's won 11 WW championship fights. Jorge has won zero.

We'd all rather watch Masvidal than post Serra GSP, I'm sure?

Which Jorge? The version who kept getting passive and losing SDs? The one who let Wonderboy and Maia fight at their strengths? Or the one who sometimes has an exciting finish?

I'll bet GSP doesn't wish anything of the sort.

I'm sure the greatest MMA fighter of all time with the most top 5 p4p wins, 9 defenses, lineal WW champ, lineal MW champ, worth 30M+, with only 2 losses (both brutally avenged) is jealous of Masvidal, a guy with 13 losses on a 2 fight win streak who has been fighting for 15 years and never got close to being a champ.

Im sure GSP doesnt wish he was a career journeymen who hasnt wont anything significant in his career , has 13 losses , lost to bw raphael assuncao . im really sure he doesnt.
also masvidal isnt a finisher despite his last two fights , he might very well be the same fighter who is way to passive and opts to coast to decisions.

Brutal finisher. Exciting to watch.

Jorges St Pierre only wishes he could be like George Masvidal.
Dude, please don't break Sherdog.

We spent lots of time building it.

Brutal finisher. Exciting to watch.

Jorges St Pierre only wishes he could be like George Masvidal.

Something tells me you created this thread just so you can swap the spelling of their first names.

He'll just have to settle for being GOAT (or close) and having a net worth of 30 million dollars, and being astoundingly handsome.

I'm sure he can handle it.
While I agree with you, I'd love to play devil's advocate:

He probably is more concerned over what people think of him (i.e. legacy) than having 29 instead of 31 millions.
I'd bet/hope he regrets fighting Bisping and turning out the be the only GOAT with a preposterous belt. (Twice since he avoided Silva his entire career.)

Nice to see Sherdog is still pushing out great threads!!! lmaooooo

You know GSP is the best when he is constantly compared to these top and up and coming fighters. I’m sure he is flattered with the constant recognition.

Back