Masvidal vs Diaz shows how easily the UFC brainwashes people

On one side you got Jorge who is 11-6 in the UFC and was pretty much irrelevant 2 fights ago. Nobody cared about him, now he has a 2 fight win streak and people are speaking of giving him a title shot.

On the other side you have Nate who is 20-11 and pretty much loses 1 out of 3 fights he is in. Also he hadn't fought for 3 years until recently when he beat Pettis who loses every other fight he is in and was a featherweight not so long ago.

That's all fine though, it's a good match-up. Don't get me wrong. These guys are both interesting personalities and if they want to fight for a phony belt to make it even more interesting for the public then so be it.

But people here are acting like these guys are the top of their game and deserve a title shot after this. This is nothing more than just an entertainment match-up.

They're only the "baddest" in terms of worst fighters ever to headline a MSG fightcard.

206_Conor_McGregor_vs_Nate_Diaz.0.0.jpg
gty_513971508_80269252.jpg
diaz_vs_mcgregor_ufc202-3.jpg
nate-diaz-17.jpg
022616-UFC-Nate-Diaz-punches-Michael-Johnson-PI-.vresize.1200.630.high.0.jpg
121_Khabib_Nurmagomedov_vs_Al_Iaquinta.0.jpg
gettyimages-148012174-1024x1024.jpg
You're a complete and utter no nothing casual.

Records dont mean jack shyt. Both are UFC vets who took on the best of the best way before Khabibs existed. They werent can fed cherry picking bishes like 90% of top ten you worship.

Nate Diaz has more than double UFC fights under his record than can fed OVERRATED Khabib.

Nate Diaz beat the biggest star in UFC history...the double champ twice in row before Khabib who got his belt by beating realtor onn short notice.

Nate smoked prime Cowboy and Michael Johnson before they were gatekeepers.

Most of his loses are against serial killers one full weight class above Nates natural weight.

DO YOU HONESTY BELIEVE IF KHABIB MOVED UP IN WEIGHT EARLY HIS CAREER AND TOOK SAME STYLISTIC RISKS NATE DIAZ TOOK HE WOULD BE UNDEFEATED TODAY?

While Khabib was in Russia fighting no name bum cans Nate Diaz was fighting prime Rory MacDonald and Benson Henderson...and RDA on roids.

Mazvidal just slept Darren Till and both Askren both he would also murder Khabib.

Tards like you are braindead.

Nate Diaz could easily be undefeated champ if he played it safe and point fought like poosys you worship.

View attachment 649775
View attachment 649777
View attachment 649779
View attachment 649781
View attachment 649783
View attachment 649785
View attachment 649787

Records dont mean jack shyt. Both are UFC vets who took on the best of the best way before Khabibs existed. They werent can fed cherry picking bishes like 90% of top ten you worship.

Nate Diaz has more than double UFC fights under his record than can fed OVERRATED Khabib.

Nate Diaz beat the biggest star in UFC history...the double champ twice in row before Khabib who got his belt by beating realtor onn short notice.

Most of his loses are against serial killers one full weight class above Nates natural weight.

DO YOU HONESTY BELIEVE IF KHABIB MOVED UP IN WEIGHT EARLY HIS CAREER AND TOOK SAME STYLISTIC RISKS NATE DIAZ TOOK HE WOULD BE UNDEFEATED TODAY?

While Khabib was in Russia fighting no name bum cans Nate Diaz was fighting prime Rory MacDonald and Benson Henderson...and RDA on roids.

Mazvidal just slept Darren Till and both Askren both he would also murder Khabib.

Nate Diaz could easily be undefeated champ if he played it safe and point fought like poosys you worship.

You are a total and absolute ignorant, I like the Masvidal -Diaz fight, but those two sentences that you wrote only shows that you started watching MMA the same day that you joined Sherdog and your last year watching the sport was a waste of time

On one side you got Jorge who is 11-6 in the UFC and was pretty much irrelevant 2 fights ago. Nobody cared about him, now he has a 2 fight win streak and people are speaking of giving him a title shot.

On the other side you have Nate who is 20-11 and pretty much loses 1 out of 3 fights he is in. Also he hadn't fought for 3 years until recently when he beat Pettis who loses every other fight he is in and was a featherweight not so long ago.

That's all fine though, it's a good match-up. Don't get me wrong. These guys are both interesting personalities and if they want to fight for a phony belt to make it even more interesting for the public then so be it.

But people here are acting like these guys are the top of their game and deserve a title shot after this. This is nothing more than just an entertainment match-up.

They're only the "baddest" in terms of worst fighters ever to headline a MSG fightcard.
Could not have been said by a nicer man. Keep saying the truth.

View attachment 649775
View attachment 649777
View attachment 649779
View attachment 649781
View attachment 649783
View attachment 649785
View attachment 649787

You are delusional if you think this. I get it, Nate is an exciting fighter, and is above average, but let's not get crazy here.

I dont see why we cant appreciate both. I appreciate guys like GSP and Cormier who clearly regard it as a sport. I also appreciate guys like Diaz and Masvidal who regard it as a fight first and foremost. The appeal overlaps for a lot of fans.

While I'm not a black and white thinking person... in this case I really doubt this overlaps in a lot of fans, only a few I think. The majority I bet you they prefer "action" and by "action" you know that this means less grappling and more striking. And they also don't appreciate technical striking (e.g. wonderboy, machida at times).

It's a fun matchup

The story line behind it is stupid though. They're playing up their recent wins for sure. But I'm glad it happened that way or else we might not see it

While I'm not a black and white thinking person... in this case I really doubt this overlaps in a lot of fans, only a few I think. The majority I bet you they prefer "action" and by "action" you know that this means less grappling and more striking. And they also don't appreciate technical striking (e.g. wonderboy, machida at times).
Even when people bitched that GSP was boring, he was still the most popular fighter in the UFC. He was technical. He took the path of least resistance. But he was successful. He dominated. Nobody could touch him. He was the Mayweather of MMA.

Some technical fighters do just enough to win. Its not exciting. Its not dominant. It also makes many of their fights too close.

Machida is actually a good example. He seemed like a guy capable of excitement, with occasional highlight reel finishes. But a lot of the time he seemed content to try and outpoint his opponent. The problem is he either did just enough or not quite enough. It pissed fans off.

But dont you think there are fans of both GSP and somebody like Nick Diaz? I really dont believe its "either, or". I think you might feel that way from being on here. Its kind of like that here. But I think its a vocal minority thing. I think internet forums are a breeding ground for recreational outrage.

I completely agree.

It's a very good fight, no doubt about it. But the UFC hype machine is ridiculous. Now they will present a real, physical BELT in there?!? LOL
And LOL at the potential title shot of Nate... yeah, beating washed-up Pettis and then a good win over Masvidal apparently makes one a title challenger...

You are a total and absolute ignorant, I like the Masvidal -Diaz fight, but those two sentences that you wrote only shows that you started watching MMA the same day that you joined Sherdog and your last year watching the sport was a waste of time

You're a tard and half. Khabib is most overrated fighter in the UFC right now. First tier 1 wrestler he fights exposives his one dimensional fighting style. Just as Conor as exposed once he fought someone his size.

Khabib couldnt put away raging Al. He definitely isnt putting away Nate Diaz or Colby Convington or Justin Gaethje.

Typical shertard bandwagonier.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
luciusaugustus
Back