Matt Hughes just got on my flight. Any questions I should ask him?

Ask him why he took on that train. Thing had a significant weight advantage I believe

With his injuries from the train wreck, I would just tell him you appreciated his career and contribution to the sport and the leave him the hell alone.

Too late obviously, but ask him if he is train-damaged.

Call your doctor first and ask your doctor to be at the hospital when you land.

Also, if you grow up on a farm or ranch, there is nothing wrong with tossing a few balls at your friends. Kids been doin that for 5000 years. Get over it city soi boi.

Also, I never ate pig balls, but I have eaten a few cow balls. I don't know why. Everyone else was, so I ate 'em. Tasted like chicken livers. Not as good as gizzards. No, I don't eat pig feet. I mean I have, but I don't any more.

Disclosure: I have ate lion and bear and dog and cat and monkey. I have made elk liver pate. I do not eat skunks or brussels sprouts. I stayed in Trastevere once and I don't know what I ate there. Likely everything. I'm trying to find a way to stop typing. That was i

Leave the Blessed One alone. Just shake his hand and show him gratitude for not just his great performance or career, but just being an outstanding human being that is a great role model and ambassador for such a violent sport. Then leave him the hell alone and let that man prepare for an entire continent that will be waiting to shower him with love upon his arrival.

Outstanding human being is some fucking revisionist history but I have very little urge to drag a guy who's survived getting hit by a train so

I was in seat 3C. He was somewhere like row 16. I was seated with my PFB (pre-flight beverage) and he was stuck standing next to me waiting to get in the back section. We make brief eye contact. He is still stuck standing next to me as people are having a hard time fitting their stuff in the overheads of the CRJ900-9E with its featherweight storage spaces.

Matt looks at me and goes, “Rough day – I’m stuck in cattle class” (note – this is a country/farm reference for any ESLers out there)

Me: “Happens to the best of us man”

Matt: (Something else inoffensive and non-violent that I am forgetting)

Me: “Yep. Hey – are you Matt?”

Big fucking smile goes across his face, and he extends his hand to shake mine.

Matt: “I am! What’s your name?”

Me: “I’m gtm3. Always was a big fan of yours, man” (note – I was actually always pulling for GSP / Penn / etc but this seemed like a nice thing to say)

Matt: “Yeah dude… I had the best job in the world. Beat people up and I got paid for it!”

Me: “Laugh”

We chatted a bit more. I told him I also met Dan Henderson on a flight before and Matt said Hendo is a great guy. I didn’t wait around for row 16 to de-plane to offer him a picture with me. But it was a pleasant exchange that he initiated. Don’t expect pics this time.
Do you always use your Sherdog handle when you meet new people?

I do of course, didn't know other people did as well.

Agree 100%

I was a fan of Matt Hughes the fighter.

He had exciting fights, he was a finisher, finished BJ, GSP, Trigg 2x, Riggs (I think, Kimura maybe) royce and renzo Gracie, Ricardo almeida

He was the first dominant champ I saw.
Held the belt for about 6 years, i think he was the first guy below HW to win his belt back, and defend it again and avenge the loss to BJ.
______________________________/

Matt Hughes the person is a total asshole.

He apparently thought torturing animals, damaging other people's property, and fooling around with an 8th grade girl when he was in college were super cool.

He brags about having sex with her while she was drugged from anesthesia. (later when she was older)

Oh yeah, and that 8th grader is his wife. They have kids, and he still made all that shit public. Fucking father of the year.

That is some properly fucked up behavior and he seem to brag about it as though he feels like these things make him Johnny Bad Ass.

One that calls himself a Christian and insisted on coercing his fighters to do bible study during TUF.
Really weird thing to put in a book if you think about it. Did he not have a publishing company to advise him? Any friends to proof it?

Maybe he wrote it as therapy and a confession and was surprised people read it.

Good thread. Would read again.

Back