Matt Hughes vs Anderson Silva

This is the edgiest 2006 thread of 2020 so far.

Neither, cause Matt saw Anderson thai plum clinch rich into the shadow realm
No, if Matt had beaten GSP in their second fight the plan was for Matt to move up and fight Silva. After he lost to GSP the talk of him moving up ended abruptly.

Remember farm boy Matt said if Anderson beats his boy Rich up that he will move up to middleweight and fight Anderson? Yeah not a good look, k-1 Hughes wasn’t developed yet, Anderson would of demolished Matt easily.
Hughes had that ridiculous strength though... and if he took Silva down, who knows?

Prime Silva smokes prime Hughes no doubt about it. Hughes couldn't just lay n pray all match he'd get ko`d

Hghes in his prime didn’t lay and pray anyone. He took them down yes, but then he smashed them or subbed them.

Silva first round knockout
no welterweight in history beats prime SIiva

Two welterweights.

Ryo Chonan - fact.
GSP - 50-45, like Chael Sonnen but actually having sub defense.

Last edited:
Hughes was drastically overrated, basic stand up, the game wasn’t evolved back then and a 1 dimensional guy like him can dominate those guys back then.
Typical Sherdog.

Everyone is overrated.

<36>

Would Hughes be allowed to juice up like Anderson did?

WW Andy got anhiliated by Ryo Chonan and Daiju Takase. In his natural state, without multiple different types of anabolic steroids synthetic test and benzos, Silva is at best a journeyman. Hughes is an all time great and would humiliate him. Pre UFC and post USADA Silva is the real silva. The shit inbetween was a fradulant lab experiment.

Matt wanted to go up to 185 to fight Silva but Dana axed it. At 170 it would've been a very interesting match up where I think Hughes would beat Anderson more times than not.

Dennis Hallman easily beats them both... but then loses to everyone else in the top 20

kartehotie.png

Prime Silva smokes prime Hughes no doubt about it. Hughes couldn't just lay n pray all match he'd get ko`d
Matt Hughes has 35 finishes in 45 wins.

Lay n pray........lol. Fairweather alert......

Last edited:
Ha! This is blatant denial of reality. Chonan shakes his head at you..

Then mangles your leg.
I don't know why everyone brings up Chonan. It was a relatively flukey loss (although most had Chonon winning on the feet up till that point anyway).

Only a year earlier he was worked over for 10 straight minutes in complete dominating fashion by uber Japcan Daiju Takase. It's the far more embarrassing loss of the two.

Either way, Silva was getting run over by sub-par Japs in his prime.

I never said Hughes was a lay and pray master . I just said he wouldn't be able to lay n pray against ando he won't be able to do shit that's all I meant calm down nerds

Back