Matthew Perry Dead At 54

He had problems with drugs in the past and was recently, apparently depressed and lonely. Sad shit. No amount of money and fame can ever make you happy. We are humans and we cant run from our inner most demons. No amount of glitz can get rid of it. In fact, it can sometimes make it worse.

R.I.P.

He seemed like a good guy deep down.

Yeah he seemed like a very decent guy, unfortunately his body was badly abused. I'm not sure how he died, but it's not shocking that he did die at his age.

What other mistake? I thought it was a late afternoon show never in Primetime. It was in Primetime, but it was never the most popular show. Allende lives in Argentina. The Nanny may have been bigger than Seinfeld in Argentina, I'll take his word at that, but it was never bigger in the USA or North America, and I doubt it was ever bigger globally. It wasn't a major hit. Shows like Seinfeld and Friends were cultural juggernauts: generationally defining.

The Nanny was never that.

*Edit*
Seinfeld continues to be one of the most globally watched shows to this day. Check out this chart tracking demand expressions from 2022:
5MHkgxFzSsuJ3jvIhMuc
Too bad Seinfeld screwed the rest of the cast out of all residuals.

Too bad Seinfeld screwed the rest of the cast out of all residuals.
That's the contract they signed. They got paid $1m an episode for the final season.

Besides, I doubt Julia cares. She's still richer than Jerry.

That's the contract they signed. They got paid $1m an episode for the final season.

Besides, I doubt Julia cares. She's still richer than Jerry.
My understanding is that those contracts were signed under immense pressure and duress. Either way Seinfeld is a dick.

Dg4oOdz.jpg

The death of actor Matthew Perry was an accident caused by the 'acute effects of ketamine', a coroner has recorded.

The actor was found unresponsive in a hot tub at his Los Angeles home aged 54 in October.

A post-mortem examination concluded Perry died from the 'acute effects of ketamine' while contributing factors included 'drowning, coronary artery disease and the effects of buprenorphine', which is used to treat opioid use disorder.

'The manner of death is accident,' the County of Los Angeles Department of Medical Examiner confirmed on Friday.

Raffi Djabourian, the senior deputy medical examiner, said in his summary: “At the high levels of ketamine found in his post-mortem blood specimens, the main lethal effects would be from both cardiovascular overstimulation and respiratory depression.

“Drowning contributes due to the likelihood of submersion into the pool as he lapsed into unconsciousness; coronary artery disease contributes due to exacerbation of ketamine induced myocardial effects on the heart.”

Wow that's pretty dumb to take that drug and go in a big hot tub like that.

Special K just completely immobilizes you from my experience.

Wow that's pretty dumb to take that drug and go in a big hot tub like that.

Special K just completely immobilizes you from my experience.
Yep in Uni did it a few times and i felt like I was melting into my lounge.......fun if you just want to hang out but jez if anything serous went down while on it...Good fucking luck.

Does this mean people will stop asking me if I'm a "Joey or a Chandler?"

contributing factor: drowning
lol wtf?
Wouldn't that be THE factor?
Yeah I feel like they don’t want to just outright say “yeah he zonked himself out on ketamine while in a hot tub”. Kinda a dumb way to go.

I was never a big friends fan. But opiate addiction can take a person and reduce them to loser addicts in very little time. This guy drove a porsche, had a mansion, endless supply of hoes, and could have had any recreational substances he wanted. But he chose the one that ruined his life.

Back