Max hasn't faced a Div I wrestler since Bermudez

My money is on Max , i just feel its his time . But Never count Frankie out

I'm not biased, the title is correct, max hasn't fought any good wrestlers. Just like Aldo had not fought any elite strikers until conor
Lamas is a pretty good wrestler. Though Frankie chains his wrestling much better. It's gonna be interesting.

Young grasshopper,

Max has already moved past the phase of just figuring out TDD to stop a wrestler’s shot. You can see it in his development.

He makes the fight his by not allowing his hips to be in the position to even need to grab underhooks with his movement. He also has mastered both stances in fighting making it harder for guys to shoot in on his hips because he can hit you in different angles and distances to deter you, or that he may exit in either lateral motion.

It’s called Playing-My-Game and he makes people play his game like he’s going to make Frankie Strike with him. I was able to figure this out when I saw his early fight with some random white guy forget his name (pat Schiller or some shit).

He would throw combinations and move his hips away so Schiller had no shot like a matador does to a bull.

Something that Wonderboy has developed too. These guys are in their own class.

Lastly, Max is fucking fast with them hands and he even switches up his tempo mid fight like he did with Aldo.

Wonderboy not a good example given how easily Woodley was able to dominate that aspect of the fight.

Interesting stat what’s the stat for last time Frankie fought against title holders?

If Conor was able to easily outgrapple Max with a fucked up knee then so will freaking Frankie Edgar. Max's wrestling cant go from clearly getting outclassed by Conor to being able to defend tdds from Edgar in like 3 years. I like Max but i got Edgar on this one.

Young grasshopper,

Max has already moved past the phase of just figuring out TDD to stop a wrestler’s shot. You can see it in his development.

He makes the fight his by not allowing his hips to be in the position to even need to grab underhooks with his movement. He also has mastered both stances in fighting making it harder for guys to shoot in on his hips because he can hit you in different angles and distances to deter you, or that he may exit in either lateral motion.

It’s called Playing-My-Game and he makes people play his game like he’s going to make Frankie Strike with him. I was able to figure this out when I saw his early fight with some random white guy forget his name (pat Schiller or some shit).

He would throw combinations and move his hips away so Schiller had no shot like a matador does to a bull.

Something that Wonderboy has developed too. These guys are in their own class.

Lastly, Max is fucking fast with them hands and he even switches up his tempo mid fight like he did with Aldo.
50 bucks says frankie takes him down at least once

Yeah wouldn't surprise me at all to see Edgar grapplefuck him for a couple rounds. It could be another Rock/Paper/Scissors thing between Max//Frankie/Aldo

Aldo is out of the equation. That guy is shot.
If Frankie loses, best believe Zabit will take his place as rightful teammate and avenge him. If Frankie wins, I can see Zabit sitting it out until Frankie loses the belt and he gets first dibs.

Aldo is out of the equation. That guy is shot.
If Frankie loses, best believe Zabit will take his place as rightful teammate and avenge him. If Frankie wins, I can see Zabit sitting it out until Frankie loses the belt and he gets first dibs.

maxresdefault.jpg

Just watched Edgar/ Yair two days ago. Edgar not only wrestlefucked Yair, and not only did he push the pace against a bigger, longer striker, but he also outboxed Yair. Edgar isn't gonna outbox Max, but he can definitely push the pace against Max and hopefully lands some takedowns. All he needs is one to use his GnP.

I'm curious how Max deals with someone with equal or more cardio like Edgar. Might be a Cain/ Werdum style upset.

Frankie's fight is in the wrestling. I dont think he stands any chance on the feet. He needs to do to Max what he did to Yair. I got Max in this one.
I actually look at the Yair and Do Bronx fights as the best indicators of how this fight will go. I was worried for Frankie in both those fights with Do Bronx being a pretty good wrestler with a dangerous/chaotic striking and sub game and Yair being enormous and with great kicks. Max is more of a brawler than either of those guys but is also probably the most complete fighter. I believe if Frankie does what he does best he wins. Max's best attribute right now is his confidence in his chin, his cardio, and his relative youth.

Great fight. If any of you claim to know how it will play out, you are fucking crazy.

I'm not biased, the title is correct, max hasn't fought any good wrestlers. Just like Aldo had not fought any elite strikers until conor

Bullshit. The premise of the thread is ridiculous.

Lamas, D3 credentials or not, is a solid wrestler. He had much better success holding down Aldo than Edgar did and has wrecked a lot of guys with his grappling.

In the context of MMA, Lamas is better at using his wrestling than Bermudez. If Max hadn't actually improved his defensive wrestling game since the Bermudez fight, there's no way in hell he would have been able to effortlessly stuff all of Lamas's TD attempts.

A lot of people are in for a rude awakening at UFC 222.

Yes, I know that Max has improved immeasurably, but that doesn't changed the fact that the last Div I wrestler he faced took him down four times and won a closely contested fight. It's also worth noting that Dennis Bermudez is similar in size to Edgar and he still closed the distance and got Max down—but yes, MAx has improved, but at the same time, Bermudez is no Frankie Edgar.

Also, Conor and Andre fili took Max down multiple times as well after that bermudez fight.

Summary: I'm not convinced that Max has improved his TDD enough yet to stop someone like Edgar.
Max Holloway will beat Edgar and make it look easy. Edgar is a beast but he ain’t no Khabib. Max ain’t no slouch either. He has slick submissions (although not on Tony’s level)

Max blessed Holloway will eat Edgar for lunch, sig bet me OP!

If Max passes this test, he'll be a dominant champ unless he gets too cocky.

Back