Media Max Holloway Says He Should Get Paid More for Being People's Main Event with Gaethje. Wants Bigger Bonuses for UFC 300.

This isn't a team sport, and everyone is out for themselves. They are willing to take whatever the UFC will give them and won't risk their career to unionize in fear of being fired or someone else making more. It's just history repeating itself.
Still happening, with not a single change in sight.​

I was being sarcastic lol
I hear ya GG !
When are these fkn dopes gonna collectively bargain?

Since the lawsuit is over, no concessions were made and they'll tighten their noose even tighter with more fear tactics thrown at all the fighters.​

The time to negotiate was before the biggest show in UFC history, not after.

Epic fail for Max.

But if this show lives up to Dana's expectations, he might get rewarded anyway, but it's a risk!

How? I'm certain he didn't know card placement or how the card would be promoted beforehand. His fight was made long before it was finalized. His comment is derived from what has happened since then.

How? I'm certain he didn't know card placement or how the card would be promoted beforehand. His fight was made long before it was finalized.

"Do you want to be on UFC 300?"

"Yeah, sure, who's the opponent?"

"Well actually it's an inter-weight super fight against Justin Gaethje, an elite fighter in the division above yours. You're expected to fight at a higher weight class than normal."

Even if he didn't think it was going to be the most marketed fight, I'm renegotiating the second they mention a fighter that isn't even in my weight class.

Why, aren't you?

"Do you want to be on UFC 300?"

"Yeah, sure, who's the opponent?"

"Well actually it's an inter-weight super fight against Justin Gaethje, an elite fighter in the division above yours. You're expected to fight at a higher weight class than normal."

Even if he didn't think it was going to be the most marketed fight, I'm renegotiating the second they mention a fighter that isn't even in my weight class.

Why, aren't you?

Who said he didn't get a bump and then ask for more with new info when he mentioned it today?

Who said he didn't get a bump and then ask for more with new info when he mentioned it today?

I bet he got a bump and a good initial offer quietly aimed at stopping him demanding to renegotiate.

That's my guess.

But I'd definitely try to renegotiate in the first instance when I'm offered that kinda fight on that kinda card.

Seems sloppy.

see, i think that's where the contracts come into play. i'm sure if they tried to hold PPVs hostage the UFC could sue them for breach of contract. they tried to make a Fighter's Union before with big names like GSP, Cowboy, Cain. Tim Kennedy all joining it. the problem was once GSP got what he wanted he left it and it crumbled because the other fighters didn't keep pursuing it.

like i said, there's no loyalty amongst them to be able to band together and fight for themselves. which is ironic since they're professional fighters.

I'm not saying it's going to be easy, I'm saying it's how you use leverage to get things done. Could the ufc sue the fighters? Maybe. They could all use plausible deniability and say they are injured..or have mental health issues...or they don't want to fight anymore.

Either way the ufc isn't in the business of suing fighters... they're in the business of putting on huge fights for huge paydays. They need to put on BIG fights. They have an enormous roster of npc's.... they only have about 30 to 40 names. If those names banded together than they would have extreme leverage especially if their demands were within reason.

The ufc uses every dirty trick in the book to apply pressure to break fighters. Until the fighters do the same they will continue to lose.

These guys are all getting ripped off.

Whatever you think of fighter pay, the concept of the promoter keeping 86% of the money is absolutely ridiculous.

Max is a fan favorite so people back him, but they are ALL getting robbed out in the open.

Back