Max Holloway vs Justin Gaethje

Would be a good fight, I would love to see it especially since neither guy is a champ so it wouldn’t hold the division up. However I think Gaethje wins that one pretty decisively

It’s obviously not shitty, but I do think it’s overrated
Mma striking is up for interpretation. If he whent to kick boxing or just boxing he probably won't do as well. However, with mma hes proven to be very affective with his striking.

I actually think holloway has a good matchup against gaethje.

Gaethje responds really badly when he's the one being pressured. Max's body shots would for sure fuck up an already low-cardio gaethje.

Holloway's defense has looked 10x better in his last fight than it did in the past too. He's no longer taking shots on the chin to give more, he's actually evading.

Holloway is a FW and should stay there, he is skinny in person, I went too UFC 172, and I saw Holloway walk across the hotel there and he is skinny in real. He is not a big guy at all, yeah I know he is quite tall for FW, but he ain't got much muscle or fat at all. His size is so overrated.

Holloway's defense has looked 10x better in his last fight than it did in the past too. He's no longer taking shots on the chin to give more, he's actually evading.

Max also showed in the 2nd Volk fight that he can defend / check leg kicks.

IMO that was the biggest weakness in his game. He was willing to eat leg kicks against Aldo and in the 1st Volk fight. Seems like he's shored that up.

I always thought of Max as worser version of Tony with inferior grappling and striking. It would be a much closer fight on paper though at this moment. Max is very good at absorbing leg kicks, and can push the fight deep. But I think the violence of Gaethje will eventually get to him, I think Gaethje probably finishes him late.
Max has inferior striking to Tony? Go home you're drunk!

idt it's that simple, Justin is a bad matchup for him. no amount of muscle is gonna prevent him from losing mobility from leg kicks that Justin throws. Those kicks really hurt Dustin, Eddie, and even Khabib. On top of that, Justin has ridiculous power.

I think it would go similarly to Justin vs Tony, although Max would win an extra round.
"Those kicks really hurt 3 guys that whooped Gaethje's ass." Lol, ok?

As for Justin's power, he doesn't hit harder than Poirier & Max took Poirer's shots while still being a FW. Max's chin is legendary & certainly better than Gaethje's.

Max also showed in the 2nd Volk fight that he can defend / check leg kicks.

IMO that was the biggest weakness in his game. He was willing to eat leg kicks against Aldo and in the 1st Volk fight. Seems like he's shored that up.

His legs were still chewed up in that rematch and he was nearly face planting at one point because of it. He did better checking some leg kicks in the rematch, but that's not saying much since he ate like 70 leg kicks in the first fight, which was a record amount.

I feel Justin would get punched in the face over 600 times and still wouldn't go out.

Justin realistically has one way to win this fight and it starts with landing big calf kicks. As a boxing match, he has no shot at winning. Kattar has better boxing than Justin and you saw what happened there. Unless those kicks can land hard and often, Justin just can’t win. He’s still easy to hit as we saw against Tony. Justin would be ready to go by the 4th round. He’d eat too many punches. It would be another master class.

Max ALL DAY.

Back