Max vs Topuria could end up being pretty ugly

Bro. It's obvious he started training as a kickboxer then made the switch. I don't know why you keep wanting to deny that fact. It isn't about how bad the level of competition is. You can keep moving the goal posts but you are wrong. He spent two years competing in that sport as an amateur. Even his current striking coach is a MT guy.

"K1 is this kickboxing show that was in Japan. It was just crazy. It was big. I remember going to school the next day and just telling everybody, ‘I’m gonna be a K1 kickboxer.’ Two years later, we were becoming seniors—and that’s the whole BJ Penn era. I saw him fighting and I heard his pay that he was making in one day, I was like, ‘Wow. I wanna be an MMA fighter, this is what I want. I wanna be a UFC fighter.’"

It's just a difference of opinion on what constitutes a kickboxer. I just don't think having ammy smoker fights as a kid with special rules means he is a kickboxer. It's a specific sport with a specific set of rules.

Meh. Topuria is just the flavor of the week. Max will take care of him, or somebody else will

Back