Max vs Topuria could end up being pretty ugly

Young Calf Kick

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Look, I love Max Holloway, he’s an absolute monster of a fighter and a pretty solid dude too. But we know how he fights and he has a lot of miles on his body. Usually what happens to those types of fighters is once they get older they tend to be on the receiving end of one or more hellacious beatings.

Of course, this isn’t the first time anyone has uttered this and it’s happened multiple times that Max will then proceed to just style on dudes, but I have a feeling Topuria might be able to dish out one of those hellacious beatings on Max. This is a very interesting fight.

what do you think about this matchup?

Truly a great fight, but what if Max wins? Does anyone want to see him fight Volk again?

Yes, unfortunately.

But there is no reason to do Max v Tuporia. Volk will be ready to fight at UFC 297, the man is a machine. Win, lose, or draw against Islam, Volk will dispatch Tuporia on the set date.

While I do agree that eventually max chin will crack as that has been proven time and time again that eventually a legendary chin gets cracked. But having said that if max chin doesn’t go in this fight, then I favor max to win the fight. He is used ti fighting 5 round fights now thst is his normal and ilia has been known for his gas tank to diminish over time. Yes I know his last fight it seemed like he was still going most of fight, but max puts on s different level of pressure and movement and combos thst where dudes out starting towards end of round 2 a lot of fights. He zaps their energy. Basically as long as max chin doesn’t go I think he drags ilia into deep waters while putting constant combos against ilia and wears him down and wins by decision or possibly late round stoppage tko.

Btw if max vs topuria gets made before volk vs topuria happens and max beats ilia, the ufc would have made a huge mistake. They would then be giving max another title contender and knocking him off before a title shot. I don’t think it would be wise of ufc to do max vs ilia before volk vs topuria unless volk goes to lw full time.

Max is a weird one. He started out as a kickboxer but he doesn't really check kicks. Volk chewed his leg up in their fights. Max just doesn't check them well.

Will be kind of good to see a contender knock him out of contender status tbh.

No-one wants to see Max/Volk 4

Is this a done deal? I hope its not, and not because Holloway could end up taking a Ferguson vs Gaethje beating, but because its more likely he wins and now we are looking at a 4th fight with Volkanovski.

Is this a done deal? I hope its not, and not because Holloway could end up taking a Ferguson vs Gaethje beating, but because its more likely he wins and now we are looking at a 4th fight with Volkanovski.
It isn’t but it’s highly dependent on how Volkanovski comes out of that Islam fight

I think either way we get Topuria vs Max, whether Volk fights him next or not. Would be a shame if Max killed the best contender before it though. Probably Max's best interest to let Topuria fight Volk first to get a chance back at a title shot for this fight rather than before he goes through Volk.

Yes, unfortunately.

But there is no reason to do Max v Tuporia. Volk will be ready to fight at UFC 297, the man is a machine. Win, lose, or draw against Islam, Volk will dispatch Tuporia on the set date.

Topuria being young has the opportunity to improve quickly due to fewer miles on his body; although you may be 100% right.

Re Alex vs Max 7: Agreed! Why the F--- not?
It's always a good fight!

For a forum that's supposed to be about MMA and Martial arts, it's odd that so few want to watch another match between the two clearly most talented guys in the division.

Max has yet to look bad when we all expected him too. The Volk 3 fight was the only one where he looked slow and that's likely due to Volk. He still looked sharp and dangerous vs. Allen.

Max has yet to look bad when we all expected him too. The Volk 3 fight was the only one where he looked slow and that's likely due to Volk. He still looked sharp and dangerous vs. Allen.
And fast and sharp and on point against KZ. By the second round KZ was getting pieces up pretty good and was falling behind quickly. Thst is why he blew his load going into the third round he knew that was his only shot.

And fast and sharp and on point against KZ. By the second round KZ was getting pieces up pretty good and was falling behind quickly. Thst is why he blew his load going into the third round he knew that was his only shot.

I agree although I don't imagine people think highly of this version of KZ.

Look, I love Max Holloway, he’s an absolute monster of a fighter and a pretty solid dude too. But we know how he fights and he has a lot of miles on his body. Usually what happens to those types of fighters is once they get older they tend to be on the receiving end of one or more hellacious beatings.

Of course, this isn’t the first time anyone has uttered this and it’s happened multiple times that Max will then proceed to just style on dudes, but I have a feeling Topuria might be able to dish out one of those hellacious beatings on Max. This is a very interesting fight.

what do you think about this matchup?
I think we are in for an epic fight.

Back