Max wins

That would be pointless, Justin and Max were in different divisions. It would be better to compare a common opponent like Poirier. Max was holding his own against Dustin in the later rds. Something that Justin couldn't do outside of landing the headkick in their second fight. Neither are the same fighters they were back then either, so it's kind all pointless. New weight for Max, different version of Justin. I compared their styles with each other, styles make fights imo.
I don't see your point since Gaethje knocked Poirier out, and even in the first fight it was much more competitive with Poirier taking much more damage, Max was getting beat up and saved by his chin and only landed his damagless arm strikes when Poirier got tired from beating his ass (save from one good countrr he landed on the first when Poirier got over excited after rocking him)

Dustin took him to school in that fight, so many pull counters and clean hooks landed l, Max got saved by his chin after getting rocked like 5 times in that fight, he only managed to overwhelm Poirier at times with sheer volume when was tired at times, other than that he had nothing for Dustin, even green Justin from the first Poirier fight caused a lot more damage to Poirier.

Are you guys seriously comparing Gaethje's striking who beat guys like Fizive, Poirier, Ferguson, Chandler, Barboza, Cerrone, to Ortega now? (who btw landed a lot on Max).
has Max ever bear strikers on that level before?
We'll see on Saturday.

I don't see your point since Gaethje knocked Poirier out, and even in the first fight it was much more competitive with Poirier taking much more damage, Max was getting beat up and saved by his chin and only landed his damagless arm strikes when Poirier got tired from beating his ass (save from one good countrr he landed on the first when Poirier got over excited after rocking him)
Dude, it was looking almost identical to their first fight. I had Dustin winning even though they had barely gotten started.

You seriously think Justin lands another headkick even if they fought 20 more times? Let's wait till Saturday and then you can give me crow to eat if I'm wrong, I'll gladly be here win or lose.

Last edited:
As this fight draws closer I’m changing my tune on it and I can see Max drowning Justin after a few rounds.

Depends on a lot of things. Holloway hasn't fought someone who can chop his legs like Justin does, also Justin has a lot of power and Max although durable is quite hittable. For every good performance he ended up losing on the feet vs 5'6 Volkanovski, so you also need to bank on Max being on point before counting in what Justin brings.

I put $100 on Max winning.

The volume and pace will be too much for Gaethje.
Damn son, good luck. I have money on Max too but not that much. He's in a few parlays of mine.

Damn son, good luck. I have money on Max too but not that much. He's in a few parlays of mine.
Well to be fair it was freeplay money for buying $100 on there.
Got $100 on Max and $100 on Oliviera. I think those 2 the best dogs on the entire card.

Well to be fair it was freeplay money for buying $100 on there.
Got $100 on Max and $100 on Oliviera. I think those 2 the best dogs on the entire card.
They sure are, Charles could definitely win either by sub or KO.

We've seen how composed Gaethje can be when he fought Ferguson. A high volume fighter with great cardio. Just like Holloway. So I don't know if his gas tank will be an issue. I also can't see Holloway's pillow fists posing much of a threat to him.

The deciding factor in this fight will be Max's durability. His ability to absorb Gaethje's hard shots. Because at one point or another Gaethje is gonna land some of those shots.

If Max can keep his usual pace and can get Gaethje to slow down during the fight I can see him potentially squeeking by with a decision.

Honestly that's probably the only way he can win this. Man's got some balls of steel taking this fight. I will certainly be rooting for him.

Back