Mayweather vs. Ortiz September 17 (don't start new threads)

Status
Not open for further replies.
GSP vs Silva says hi.
ufc fighters slaves, Boxers control their lives.

i said it can force fight, i didn't say it will haha.

dana white doesn't want to kill his cash cow gsp until all the milk runs dry. silva would absolutely wreck gsp

I'm a little late, but I absolutely loved how Mayweather KOd Ortiz.

I'm sick of this touchy feely shit during fights. Pac/Mosley made me sick. You're here to fight.....so fight. Ortiz threw an obvious cheap shot in an otherwise clean fight. And when you hit Floyd Mayweather like that, you would have to be an idiot to stand in front of him with your hands down for an extended period of time.

He hit Gatti on a break......he hit Mosley in a situation like that......Ortiz is a fool for letting it happen. Protect yourself at all times. LMFAO at Ortiz getting dropped.

Anybody got the ppv projections yet? I assume they aren't going to be that great do to the fact that they aren't talking about them yet.. Most May and Pac mega events have buy projections before the bell even rings.

PPV numbers are rarely ever released this soon for boxing or MMA

They already released buy projections up to 1,7 million
Rafael said on twitter that they won't be out until AT LEAST monday

I'm a little late, but I absolutely loved how Mayweather KOd Ortiz.

I'm sick of this touchy feely shit during fights. Pac/Mosley made me sick. You're here to fight.....so fight. Ortiz threw an obvious cheap shot in an otherwise clean fight. And when you hit Floyd Mayweather like that, you would have to be an idiot to stand in front of him with your hands down for an extended period of time.

He hit Gatti on a break......he hit Mosley in a situation like that......Ortiz is a fool for letting it happen. Protect yourself at all times. LMFAO at Ortiz getting dropped.

exactly... I guess Ortiz just didnt do his homework.. He hit Mosley with the exact same 2 punches.

PPV numbers are rarely ever released this soon for boxing or MMA

They already released buy projections up to 1,7 million
Rafael said on twitter that they won't be out until AT LEAST monday

I disagree.. projections were released for Mosley Pac, Cotto Pac, May Mosley, and May JMM on the monday following the fight. By this time( a whole week out) we usually have an actual number...

Anyways, I find it interesting that Im so interested in the number..lol.. I guess in the back of my mind I think it will have an effect on the negotiations for Pac May.. low numbers would perhaps encourage May to do whatever he has to do to make the fight.. high number would give him the freedom to continue not even coming to the table to negotiate.

That sucks.. the author touches on the same thing I did.. if May gets big numbers, the fight will likely never happen.

No pleasing boxing fans

blah.. his fans will be ecstatic.. I'm a fan of the fight of the decade getting made.. so I was hoping for a slightly humbled May getting a financial indicator that his fans will not continue to allow him to make top gains without facing Pac first.

"Floyd Mayweather:
Victoria Ortiz's new nickname is "Take 2 of these and call me in the morning""

Mayweather bashing Ortiz on Facebook.. he even posted the notorious DLH drag photo :icon_chee:icon_chee:icon_chee

Floyd Mayweather - Wall | Facebook

people don't care about mayweather fighting pacquiao, they just want to see floyd loose. His opponent in that sense is not relevent. But i'm starting loose interest

As the soap opera continues with Oscar De La Hoya and Victor Ortiz pleading their case to an audience that has seemingly grown increasingly hostile and tired of the excuses, the changing of stories, and the shame-shame-shame finger wagging toward a pair of legal blows that knocked Ortiz out on September 17, Floyd Mayweather Jr has responded to everything and said that it is possible for Ortiz to get a rematch, but with a condition:

"I'll give Ortiz a rematch but first he got to get past Andre Berto. The only man who can beat me is the man in the mirror. Victoria Ortiz's new nickname is 'take two of these and call me in the morning.' Victoria Ortiz thought it was a head-butting contest. But that two-piece gave him some [incentive to] act right."

A rematch between Ortiz and Andre Berto has been discussed, with Berto's promoter Lou DiBella saying it will only happen if Ortiz (and Berto, of course) agree to Olympic-style drug testing before the fight, same as Ortiz had for the Mayweather fight. Berto picked up the IBF welterweight trinket on September 3 with a win over Jan Zaveck, and neither he nor Ortiz really have anywhere to go but back toward one another in a rematch of their great April 16 fight, which Ortiz won by unanimous decision.

Star-divide

If a Berto vs Ortiz rematch happens early next year, and Ortiz wins, it might be possible to book Mayweather vs Ortiz II for May 5, which is going to be either a Mayweather or Pacquiao fight one way or another. But more likely Floyd will probably want to sit out for a year and wait until September again before fighting, if he does indeed plan to fight in 2012. We've seen him take more time than that off before, and it doesn't seem to bother him mentally or physically, though it does give him downtime that this last time led to repeated run-ins with the law.

Personally, I think it's fair. With Mayweather and Pacquiao no closer to fighting each other, the herd is thin at 147 pounds for potential opponents. Top Rank is hoping to set up Timothy Bradley as an opponent for Pacquiao in 2012, while Amir Khan has been discussed as a Mayweather foe. But if there's money in a rematch with Ortiz, that probably does lead the way. Whether or not there's money in it is up for debate, it seems.

But don't count out Mayweather looking at Andre Berto, either. If Berto were to defeat Ortiz, again, Mayweather's gotta fight someone, and when Floyd turned up for the first bout between the two in Connecticut, with Berto favored and the defending WBC titlist, the speculation that day was a Mayweather vs Berto fight later in the year, not Mayweather vs Ortiz. As usual, Mayweather, Pacquiao, and their teams are targeting guys and lining them up for potential fights. It's the way of the game for both sides right now.

Floyd Mayweather: Victor Ortiz Gets a Rematch When He Beats Andre Berto - Bad Left Hook

people don't care about mayweather fighting pacquiao, they just want to see floyd loose. His opponent in that sense is not relevent. But i'm starting loose interest

:icon_lol: This guy.

I think a Berto-Ortiz rematch is equally as pointless as a Mayweather-Ortiz rematch. I would rather see Ortiz back in the ring with Maidana for a good old fashioned tear-up. Berto Ortiz was decent but I think Ortiz has a fight plan which will beat Berto more convingly this time round. The Mayweather-Ortiz fight is a waste of time because in those 4 rounds Mayweather found out what Ortiz planned to do with him. Mayweather can prepare for this and then bore everyone to death beating him next time. I think the last fight, if given the chance to continue, would have turned into something special. Alas, what transpired did and a real damp squid we had.

people don't care about mayweather fighting pacquiao, they just want to see floyd lose. His opponent in that sense is not relevent. But i'm starting lose interest

I gotcha dawg.

I mean It wasn't the way I would want a fight to end but it ended fairly and decisively, no use crying over spilt milk. I really have no interest in a rematch nor do I think Ortiz deserves one at this time, and I really wish Oscar would shut the fuck up.

yea that same guy Chris Williams predicted Mayweather vs Mosley would do 3 million buys so his opinion means jack shit. He is obviously a Mayweather nuthugger just like you.

Robert Schaffer predicted it would do 1.8 million. He is obviously just doing his job as the promoter to hype up the numbers.

FACT IS THAT IT HAS BEEN 10 DAYS SINCE THE FIGHT, numbers should and would of been already released by now. Seems like the ppv numbers are dragging which is why there has been such a delay.

From Badlefthook.com

Mayweather vs Ortiz: PPV Numbers Still Being Compiled, Rumors Floating of Weak Sales

Mayweather vs Ortiz: PPV Numbers Still Being Compiled, Rumors Floating of Weak Sales - Bad Left Hook

@ Cracky

Your right, Mayweather has lost some of his speed, I didn't notice it until I saw this fight. he was so fast you can't even see the punch that puts Ayala down in the 1st and doesn't move he upper body the way he used too. (sweet Pea style)

HAHAHA. I kid, I kid:icon_chee

Lol.. I think you can see a difference if you just look at May vs. Mosley or May vs. JMM and then the May vs. Ortiz fight.. I honestly think he slowed down a touch.. and I havent confirmed it, but Im pretty sure his compu numbers will confirm that he was less accurate as well. I'm just not used to seeing him miss like he was missing..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back