McGregor blocking fighters from getting a cut on his ppvs ....

For the event Conor is paid it is. They won't pay him with ESPN money when he is not on a ESPN card. Conor gets a share from the turnover he generates - and he gets a good share. His fixed purse will be connected to the seats he sell and the points to the PPV.
The UFC profit from using his likeness morw than he ever will. They also get more from sponsorships since they cut the middlemen(fighters) out. Also, the cut that traditional providers get is less given PPV's can now be bought online.

If he would it would either come out of his purse or the UFC's purse or both's. So they are both to blame. Conor is the main attraction and is the one actually bringing in the money, while the UFC is actually responsible for paying their fighters, so I think the UFC is more to blame here than Conor.

But having said that, only a handful of fighters get PPV points, so using this as some excuse for the quality of the rest of the card is pretty silly.

I support him. This is business, not a charity. He brings money to the company and we all know how that went during his absence.

What are your feelings on the matter ?

On one hand as a business move, it's understandable . Yet at the same time it does seem a little spiteful to go out of your way to stamp out other fighters who (in their case) would have been receiving life-changing money.
Is he? Im imiagining that hes asking price makes the ufc not wanting to split money with other fighters. Conor has already made Twood and Johanna a lot of money, hes paid hes charity taxes imo.

Since Conor negotiates on a fight for fight basis basically, it makes sense for him to want to want to be compensated based almost entirely on how many viewers he draws. He talked about it very briefly one time.
It's probably just simpler for his management to negotiate each fight if the numbers are as pure as possible, meaning its all about him. Yes there's the argument that everyone knows it's all about Conor anyway, but this leaves nothing to chance it's straight up empirical data that he can build upon with each fight and take with him into the negotiating room.
Nothing wrong with it.

Just like Woodley would prefer to always fight co-main beneath a true star, I can see a fighter always wanting to solo carry a card.

I too would like to see an actual source though.
Other fighters getting points of the PPV has no impact on anything you just said you do understand that right? I mean I agree Conor is in a position to make whatever demands he wants. But him being the only one getting points isnt any indicator of anything. Theres not people out there who wont buy the card if their favorite fighter gets PPV points or not

There's barely enough title fights to keep up with the schedule as it is so I don't think it really makes any difference here.
It makes me think Conor might have been negotiating for a percentage of the PPV so he didn't want that amount lessened by other fighters taking bigger than usual sums.

Other fighters getting points of the PPV has no impact on anything you just said you do understand that right? I mean I agree Conor is in a position to make whatever demands he wants. But him being the only one getting points isnt any indicator of anything. Theres not people out there who wont buy the card if their favorite fighter gets PPV points or not
how is this a response to anything I said?
I must have been unclear. It's irrelevant though because I'm pretty sure the OP is just made up.

McGregor doesn't lose money, if UFC gives percentage or dollars on the PPV to another guy. The UFC would be giving their share up. I don't see how this effects McGregor, unless someone else who knows better can smarten me up.

Yeah what Conor gets paid per buy shouldn't be affected by anyone else.

They all have their own contracts.

It would be Dana not Conor who wouldn't want to pay out, shouldn't make a difference to Conors share if he gets $8 a buy he should still be entitled to that no matter who's on the card.

On one hand as a business move, it's understandable . Yet at the same time it does seem a little spiteful to go out of your way to stamp out other fighters who (in their case) would have been receiving life-changing money.

I'm not a Conor nut hugger... but why are you expecting Conor to negotiate on behalf of other fighters? Should he also punch himself in the face for them on fight night?

I'm not a Conor nut hugger... but why are you expecting Conor to negotiate on behalf of other fighters? Should he also punch himself in the face for them on fight night?
It's not negotiating on their behalf. But you don't expect a fighter to go out of his way to cut other fighters off. No other top stars ever did that.

Source!

Champs should get points. Period.

Conor is the one guy on roster, along with Bork, who is rich, although not likely as rich as he claims. So it's just shit to box out other fighters.

No source is number one bullshit.

How many fighters have nice things to say about Conor, most seem like jealous schoolgirls. Fuck ‘em, I’d do the same thing.

See I’m the opposite type of guy, I’d demand that every fighter on the card get ppv points, especially if I was already a multi millionaire.
Yeah.. no problem.. you fucking JOSEPH STALIN!

Conor has a small dick so he needs all the money he can grab to feel a little bit less insecure.

Yeah what Conor gets paid per buy shouldn't be affected by anyone else.

They all have their own contracts.

It would be Dana not Conor who wouldn't want to pay out, shouldn't make a difference to Conors share if he gets $8 a buy he should still be entitled to that no matter who's on the card.

Conor has a lot more negotiating power when he requires the cards to be focused solely on him.

The larger the pot, the more he can demand. If the card had multiple fights also requiring PPV points, the total the UFC can outlay and be profitable goes down. For the sake of illustration, if other fighters on the card require a 5% cut of revenue, and Conor alone requires 10%, we know the UFC could sustain 15%.

He would rather negotiate for the full 15% himself. Whatever the maximum outlay the UFC can offer in their model is, that is what he wants to negotiate for, or rather, just over it.

Back