Mcgregor looking big

Going up in weight never made you faster.

Conor has always had the frame of a much bigger guy. LW is prolly his natural weight class.

Its called a weight cut. Where did I distinguish between water and fat? Its called cutting weight. Whether it is water or fat its all still weight. And in the last part of the weight cut, the fighter is cutting water.

But my point remains. Conor walks around and even at the end of his camp will weigh more than 155 lbs. He WILL be cutting weight to reach 155 lb. You are INCORRECT when you state he will not be cutting weight. That's exactly what he is doing. That's why everyone calls it "cutting weight" and the "weight cut" and not the "water weight cut" and "cutting water weight".
You need to realize there is a massive distinction between weight cutting vs water weight cutting.

If your neighbor said he wants to lose 10lb and that entire day he sits in a sauna and dehydrates himself would you say he was cutting weight? I hope not.

Bottom line is this. Conor is around 170lb in this pic and he will cut water in order to make 155, re-hydrates himself and he will be 170 again fight night. Now compare this to when he competed at Featherweight. He would be around 170 in the beginning of camp and he cuts weight to about 155~160 before weigh in and the rest is cutting water weight.

You have to understand this.

You need to realize there is a massive distinction between weight cutting vs water weight cutting.

If your neighbor said he wants to lose 10lb and that entire day he sits in a sauna and dehydrates himself would you say he was cutting weight? I hope not.

Bottom line is this. Conor is around 170lb in this pic and he will cut water in order to make 155, re-hydrates himself and he will be 170 again fight night. Now compare this to when he competed at Featherweight. He would be around 170 in the beginning of camp and he cuts weight to about 155~160 before weigh in and the rest is cutting water weight.

You have to understand this.

We are debating semantics/terminology. When you refer to weight cutting you are actually talking about Conor losing body weight (which wold actually be BOTH fat and muscle) over the course of his camp; both through hard training and dieting. When he cuts down to 155lbs you are calling it a water weight cut - although actually that is also technically INCORRECT as he will lose some fat/muscle over that period, not only water, just like anyone will if they hardly eat/drink for 24-48 hours.

But almost everyone refers to what you call the "water weight cut" as just "weight cutting". So while your understanding may be essentially correct, you are not using widely accepted terminology among the MMA community and just causing needless confusion. I have never ever heard a commentator or fighter say " [he/I] had a really difficult [or easy] water weight cut". Have you?

RDA has no chance. Conor is much bigger, faster and stronger then when he fought at FW.

WW Division should be more interesting for Conor. Line these slow sloppy lightweights up, they will drop one by one.

Conor will be a beast at LW. Plus we haven't seen how much he has improved his ground game since the 2 week Mendes fight.
Wins again.

He's following Rich Piana's weight gaining regimen on Youtube.

We are debating semantics/terminology. When you refer to weight cutting you are actually talking about Conor losing body weight (which wold actually be BOTH fat and muscle) over the course of his camp; both through hard training and dieting. When he cuts down to 155lbs you are calling it a water weight cut - although actually that is also technically INCORRECT as he will lose some fat/muscle over that period, not only water, just like anyone will if they hardly eat/drink for 24-48 hours.

But almost everyone refers to what you call the "water weight cut" as just "weight cutting". So while your understanding may be essentially correct, you are not using widely accepted terminology among the MMA community and just causing needless confusion. I have never ever heard a commentator or fighter say " [he/I] had a really difficult [or easy] water weight cut". Have you?
I noticed we did enter this semantics/terminology debate when you decided to assume that I didn't consider water weight as part of the equation to make weight.

However you are incorrect in this idea that you will lose muscle mass if you dehydrate yourself on the day of the weigh in. It has been scientifically proven that depending on the severity of the weight cut the athlete would suffer certain percentage of their "performance" but they are not directly losing muscles in the result of it.

Much the same way if you didn't sleep last night your cognitive function will slow down but it doesn't mean you are stupid now, only temporarily.

I've said this since my original post. Only difference between Mcgregor at LW and FW is the fat cutting. Not gaining muscle mass.

Its called a weight cut. Where did I distinguish between water and fat? Its called cutting weight. Whether it is water or fat its all still weight. And in the last part of the weight cut, the fighter is cutting water.

But my point remains. Conor walks around and even at the end of his camp will weigh more than 155 lbs. He WILL be cutting weight to reach 155 lb. You are INCORRECT when you state he will not be cutting weight. That's exactly what he is doing. That's why everyone calls it "cutting weight" and the "weight cut" and not the "water weight cut" and "cutting water weight".

Well you're wrong about that, the fat is cut during weeks before fightweek through dieting. The last week is all about getting rid of water, not getting rid of fat, that should already be done with during trainingcamp. The majority of the weight coming off the last week, is WATER.

RDA has no chance. Conor is much bigger, faster and stronger then when he fought at FW.

WW Division should be more interesting for Conor. Line these slow sloppy lightweights up, they will drop one by one.

Come on dude. I am a HUGE Conor fan. Look at my posts. But RDA definitely has a chance. He is a killer - great fight and let's see what happens. I hope for a Conor KO, but RDA has looked like a killer. How can you possibly say he has no chance? Why are so many people here so one-eyed.

Im sure he'll look fine come weigh-ins but he simply looks bloated. Probably just not being as strict as he used to with food and sodium

Well you're wrong about that, the fat is cut during weeks before fightweek through dieting. The last week is all about getting rid of water, not getting rid of fat, that should already be done with during trainingcamp. The majority of the weight coming off the last week, is WATER.

Sighhhh. Its all called a weight cut! And you youself just said the "majority". Exactly the majority is water. Not all.

And everyone refers to it by the generic term of "cutting weight". Its not that hard to understand. In almost 20 years of watching MMA, I have never heard people calling this part " a fat weigh cut", this part a muscle weight cut", this part a "fat/muscle weight cut", this part a "water with a bit of fat/muscle weight cut etc etc etc.

And to the other dude, when you lose weight and diet and sauna and drain yourself etc, I guarantee you lose at least some weight and muscle, even if the vast majority is water. Muscle mass needs constant fuel/nutrition.

Sighhhh. Its all called a weight cut! And you youself just said the "majority". Exactly the majority is water. Not all.

And everyone refers to it by the generic term of "cutting weight". Its not that hard to understand. In almost 20 years of watching MMA, I have never heard people calling this part " a fat weigh cut", this part a muscle weight cut", this part a "fat/muscle weight cut", this part a "water with a bit of fat/muscle weight cut etc etc etc.

And to the other dude, when you lose weight and diet and sauna and drain yourself etc, I guarantee you lose at least some weight and muscle, even if the vast majority is water. Muscle mass needs constant fuel/nutrition.

you have to pay attention to the context and the connotation of my original post

You guys need to realize that Mcgregor did not gain mass.

His physique difference between Featherweight and Lightweight is simply whether he cuts fat or not.

He is not cutting weight for this fight, that's all.

I'm clearly talking about cutting "fat" here. I thought it was easy to grasp.

lol two midgets side by side, and one of them is supposed to look big? :)

Conor cuts more weight than Jones. If you're going to define cowardice by percentage cut, Conor gets the nod.

Well Jones cuts a typical amount... Not disagreeing with you, just pointing out that Jones has never cut a remarkable amount. It seems his reach advantage has kinda of morphed into this myth around here, that he also cuts a tremendous amount. Which is false.

But to your point, yes, Conor at 145 cuts more than some guys at 205.

Is that really how You define cowardice? You honestly think Conor is a coward? (FYI he just went up to LW)
He only went up because he's being gifted a title shot. Plenty of guys have fought outside their normal weight class when offered a UFC fight or high profile fight. Conor Mc would much rather keep fighting smaller guys.

I wanted this to be a pic of his weigh in-boner.

Been too long since I saw that, and I know I can google it, but that would be pathetic, I refuse to type in "McGregor boner".
More than half of Sherdog has a "McGregor boner".

Back