McGregor: "Partying is weakness for the soul"

Tell that to the GOAT...Partying made him into the GOAT regardless of what you people say, Im actually sadden he is given up partying...He needed that outlet in his life to be GOAT.

1420661666_wye01s_4jz4r.gif

giphy.gif

Ah here the lad can't even have a few drinks without been labelled a drug addict

His awkward flinching was obviously just down to the things going on behind the scenes with himself and the UFC

Dana was standing on his shoulder and his flinching was just his uneasiness of being in the situation

Conor takes the fight game too seriously to mess around with stuff like that. this guy gave Ricardo Lamas a hard time just because he was carrying a pizza around.

Maybe he's just trying to sell the fight and drop some sound bites. Everyone close to him has stated that the Conor you see on the mic is a completely different person from the Conor in the gym. If anything, he's Jon Jones's human inverse.

Jesus christ, how many more of these "is mcgregor on cocaine" threads are we going to have.

1. he shows all the signs of attention deficit disorder rather than cocaine use
2. nevada is adding cocaine to the "banned at all times" list so using coke would be kinda stupid
3.theres about 50 of these threads already

as someone who has add and hyperactivity, mcgregors behaviour looks completely normal to me. When the spotlight is on, cant shut up, constantly interrupts other people, fidgets, thats just how we roll.

I blame Ido personally. While he was around he managed to ground McGregor a bit, get him into a more relaxed place. Now hes back home ADD McGregor has returned.

Someone who has ADD wouldn't be as good as he is at fighting.

I think Machida is about the only person in the UFC I've never seen posing with a fist up at a club or something like that.

Someone who has ADD wouldn't be as good as he is at fighting.

Youd be surprised actually, the hyperactivity aspect has its benefits. I suffer attention deficit, hyperactivity and with it stress related anxiety.

I struggle to sit still, constant fidgeting, say im watching someone perform on stage, i struggle to focus, struggle to pay attention, weird thing is, when it comes my time to perform (i play a little), its like i enter a totally different place, anxiety lifts, and a sort of weird calm comes over me and I can perform fine. Thats the weird thing about mental health issues.

Similar, say, sitting at home, doing nothing, i can suddenly get ridiculous loss of focus, anxiety, panic and crazy levels of stress over something as simple as not being able to find the tv remote, yet if something really serious happens, say someone is injured, i can suddenly be the least stressed, calmest, most focussed person there who can deal with the situation.

Its like my brain is constantly looking for something to do, constantly switching attention from one thing to another, and finding things to get stressed, or excited about, when you give it something, the right thing, it can control it really well. For me its being out on the bike riding. Complete and utter calm

Thats the funny thing with mental issues, if you find the right channel, you can actually perform in a totally different way to what would be expected.

Nick Diaz would be a good example of someone who manages to fight just fine.

In some ways I think it could actually help. One benefit of it is i can watch tv, read sherdog, post on twitter, have a conversation with someone on the phone, all at the same time without missing a single thing. People will talk to me thinking im not paying attention because im doing ten things at once, yet i can repeat back what they say word for word.

That has its downsides, in a shopping centre or busy pub, station etc there are so many different noises, loads of conversations, chatter, tannoys, my brain tries to take in everything and obviously it cant which leads to confusion, panic etc, but the upside, that ability to process multiple pieces of information at once, that sort of heightened senses, could actually in MMA be a huge benefit. If you can channel it right, heightened awareness could be a huge plus.

Last edited:
And you are talking to someone with AD/Hyperactivity who can also tell you that those mannerisms are textbook.

You are talking second hand having observed people, I am talking first hand from having lived it. Over-excitable to the point can appear dizzy, drunk, fidgeting, doesnt know when to stop talking, constantly interrupting people, textbook..

Hyperactivity symptoms
  • Constantly fidgets and squirms
  • Often leaves his or her seat in situations where sitting quietly is expected
  • Moves around constantly, often runs or climbs inappropriately
  • Talks excessively
  • Has difficulty playing quietly or relaxing
  • Is always “on the go,” as if driven by a motor
  • May have a quick temper or a “short fuse”
Right.. But he was also dressed up as a drug lord and tried to imitate El Chapo's Sean Penn photo.

Is that textbook ADD too?

dkfk.png

Do you think he's stupid enough to do drugs ever, let alone at press conference in front of the worlds media?!

It's probably the litre of monster energy that he was drinking

Right.. But he was also dressed up as a drug lord and tried to imitate El Chapo's Sean Penn photo.

Is that textbook ADD too?

dkfk.png

thats just attention seeking. :D

But yeh, in a way, thats related. He cant just turn up, talk, leave, he has to find things to occupy himself while its all going on, making a story out of it, having silly storylines is as much about keeping himself amused as it is us.

or are you suggesting he wore that shirt because he thinks hes a cocaine baron?

Personally, i think McGregor has adhd, but even if he doesnt, I think that not having breakdfast and drinking a ton of monster drink is 10x more likely than he turned up at a press conference coked up

I know a lot of broke mufuckas that party too much ... which is why they're broke
They party to pretend they're not broke. I can't lie I use to be in the same category

The man in that video is on cocaine. I am posting nothing to do with context or anything else that could attach itself to that fact... nonetheless, it's a fact.

So if he had ADHD or ADD, is he popping aderol and Ritalin all day? Does he have a medical exemption for that.

(Not claiming any wrongdoing, simply asking)

Back