McGregor's boxing is worse than I thought

Lol, Bonos just flipped that argument on its ear like when you do when you're trying to stop spooning your girl while she's sleeping. (The secret is have two blankets, I hate when chicks try to keep me close by cocooning me and my every move with a tightly wound shared blanket. Ain't getting away with that shit with the double blankey technique, unless I want it to happen). I heard a lot of the Euros already have this figured out. You savvy bastards could've helped us Murricans out sooner.
Except I think Conor is going to lose and I don't bet unless I'm in Vegas

I'm not a boxing analyst, but it is pretty easy to see the glaring differences between what Conor is doing, and what the pros look like when they train. The pros keep everything tight, their guard is up, they are constantly using head movement along with footwork and jabs to get around the bag, and their punches are technically sound. Conor just looks wide open for counters - he has no head movement, his hands are in bad places while throwing punches, and his punches are not as snappy and technical either. He is prolly gonna get pieced up really bad. The worst part is that Floyd doesn't really have huge power, so Conor is going to have to take a beating over the course of more than a few rounds before he breaks down. It would be better for him if Floyd just KOed him with the first shot and then called it a night.....haha

If local radio host said so I'd best go mortgage my house then, windowlicker.

You better settle down..

If it's any consolation. One can't go wrong when it comes to investing in the Bank of Mayweather.

The whole crazy thing about those training vid, is Conor actually thinks he's doing something thats gonna shock the world with the unorthodoxed BS. I mean he seriously doesn't have a coach and is just making up what he thinks looks cool with no technical advantage. Its nuts.

The whole crazy thing about those training vid, is Conor actually thinks he's doing something thats gonna shock the world with the unorthodoxed BS. I mean he seriously doesn't have a coach and is just making up what he thinks looks cool with no technical advantage. Its nuts.
That's what drives me crazy as well.
The guy could have used this opportunity to get proper training, but he stubbornly kept training the same way.
I don't understand how he became successful with this kind of mentality.

Fucking Aldo, is training with Robert Garcia right now. Conor is about to fight Mayweather and trains with whom? Coach Roddy?
Madness!

The guy could have used this opportunity to get proper training, but he stubbornly kept training the same way.

Fucking Aldo, is training with Robert Garcia right now. Conor is about to fight Mayweather and trains with whom? Coach Roddy?
Madness!
http://www.espn.co.uk/mma/story/_/i...dy-discusses-camp-advantages-floyd-mayweather

Did I just read that roddy says that mma striking is the same as boxing if you remove the kicks?

And that their gameplan is privileged information but he is doing the same training?

And the picture up top shows him throwing an uppercut with his chin up and right hand tickling his balls?

Sounds like the best way to fight one of the best defensive fighter of all time with the highest connection rate since they started tracking that.[/QUOTE]

Last edited:

Madness!

Aldo looked decent in the vids I've seen him. I'm thinking he would beat McGregor in a boxing bout.

Aldo looked decent in the vids I've seen him. I'm thinking he would beat McGregor in a boxing bout.
To be fair, he walked right into a shot from Conor and got wrecked. One of those MMA KOs that made me laugh more than left me awestruck.

To be fair, he walked right into a shot from Conor and got wrecked. One of those MMA KOs that made me laugh more than left me awestruck.

he walked in with his head up, chin out, hands down, and his eyes closing. Was really pathetic

Madness!
He can train boxing all he wants but after that first Floyd body shot he'll revert to his mma instincts

Conor has stopped 18 of 21 opponents and drops everyone with his left, yet the boxing snobs act like he cant even throw a punch properly. Hilarious.

Conor has stopped 18 of 21 opponents and drops everyone with his left, yet the boxing snobs act like he cant even throw a punch properly. Hilarious.
You're discounting who he was knocking out in comparison to who he's fighting in a couple of weeks. Knocking down Nate Diaz isn't the feat it'd be to put Floyd on his ass, who has been down once in his entire career and not even from a punch. One time in 49 fights, most of those against elite level competition and the only KD scored against the guy was one of his own choosing.

Conor Mcgregor - Not as bad as the haters say, and no where near as good as the supporters think.

I'm not a boxing analyst, but it is pretty easy to see the glaring differences between what Conor is doing, and what the pros look like when they train. The pros keep everything tight, their guard is up, they are constantly using head movement along with footwork and jabs to get around the bag, and their punches are technically sound. Conor just looks wide open for counters - he has no head movement, his hands are in bad places while throwing punches, and his punches are not as snappy and technical either. He is prolly gonna get pieced up really bad. The worst part is that Floyd doesn't really have huge power, so Conor is going to have to take a beating over the course of more than a few rounds before he breaks down. It would be better for him if Floyd just KOed him with the first shot and then called it a night.....haha

The difference between this, and two actual boxers competing, is that winning really matters in an actual boxing match. I seriously doubt Mcgregor is going to take a ton of damage in this fight. They're showing up to do a 100 million+ job. As soon as he starts taking a little bit of damage, and reality starts to set in, either Mcgregor quits or they throw in the towel. Hes there for the money, not the brain damage.

The difference between this, and two actual boxers competing, is that winning really matters in an actual boxing match. I seriously doubt Mcgregor is going to take a ton of damage in this fight. They're showing up to do a 100 million+ job. As soon as he starts taking a little bit of damage, and reality starts to set in, either Mcgregor quits or they throw in the towel. Hes there for the money, not the brain damage.
Let's be truthful. We don't know what mcgregor is like as a boxer. People saying he has no chance doesn't make them haters, that kind of language is really annoying.

There isn't one side are fanboys the others are haters. Nothing is black and white like that. I enjoy watching Conor in mma. I think shit talking your way into a boxing match with the best boxer of his generation as your debut is madness.

The winner here is Conor's bank account, and if he somehow gets the upset it doesn't mean he hasn't looked like shit in training camp or that mma is better than boxing. Just like Floyd winning doesn't prove boxing is better than mma.

This fight has taken the level of fight discussion somewhere below neanderthal.

I remember first hearing about it from my friends who follow the UFC and I assumed McGregor caught him with an impeccably timed counter. Then I saw the video of Aldo reaching and off balance with his chin up like some of the beginners at my boxing gym do. And I recall people saying Aldo is one of the best standup fighters in MMA. That says alot about the level of striking in the UFC.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back