Social Meme Thread v.84: Retaking Constantinople

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lord of the Rings: Ring of Power
Game of Thrones
House of the Dragon

Aragorn is a black man.

<36>

Amazon is fucking around and is gonna find out. The LoTR fanbase is loyal to the books. It's like trying change the Bible.

<36>

They are already calling fans racist and bigoted.

<36>

Because fans actually love the source material and not forced woke shit.

<KhabibBS>

Can't wait.

To rewatch Peter's trilogy.
<RomeroSalute>

I'll let it run it's course, and then if it has good word of mouth I'll give it a try. Whereas I am legit excited for Ring of Power.

Fair. Yeah I'm excited for RoP as well. The Tolkein fandom is annoying me how how insanely critical they're being about it before it's even out. Like, it could suck, but at least give it a chance first. Or you'll go in nitpicking every little thing and hate it even if it is good.

My dad's in town the weekend of the RoP premier. And he's the one that introduced me to the hobbit and the Lord of the Rings books before the movies ever came out. So that'll be fun to watch the first episode with my old man who's a Tolkein nerd from the 70s.

I've been seeing an incredibly dumb take on twitter recently. There are many people claiming cancelling student loan debt doesn't put the burden on tax payers because the debt is cancelled. <Varys01> These are college grads spreading this.
Hopefully, as time goes on, more people will realize that having various degrees (like Bachelor's, Masters, etc.) doesn't make someone smart. All it does is delude degree-holders into believing they're the smartest in the room.

The people who go "don't think for yourself, just listen to a person labelled 'expert'. He's an 'expert' so he's automatically right, no explanation needed" are usually the same people who go "I have such and such degree so that automatically means I'm smarter".

Then the same people go beg business owners (who at most have a Bachelor's) for a job

<Dany07>

aDDpxdO_460swp.webp

a91QpYo_460swp.webp

aegoMO5_460swp.webp

aegoMLq_460swp.webp

a71439r_460swp.webp

What can I say man. I've adjusted to life on the inside and I realize there's nothing back in the world for me. It's safer for everyone concerned if I remain behind bars.

My recidivism is my own fault. I hope this scares you straight.

Don't lie,

Tell the truth... You got comfortable with the gay for stay part, didn't you..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back