Social Meme Thread v.84: Retaking Constantinople

Status
Not open for further replies.
But, so what if they do?

Management is worried that alleged pedophiles will find this site as a result of a search and what?

Come to the realization that an MMA website is inhospitable to them?

Or is management worried that someone powerful or wealthy could be accused of being a pedophile on here and then get all litigious?

I hate to keep clogging up the meme thread but I just really doubt the whole “they’ll search that word in Google and we don’t want to pop up”.

Who the hell would search for that word to find their deviant minded aim? Also, there is close to zero chance that we in the war room would be able to use that word enough to make THAT much of a dent in the SEO. Furthermore, we’re all using it MORE since the rule change.

Not a reflection on the Mods, but the rule itself is very very dumb.

For what sort of idiot is that the "biggest worry"?
Unless the terms in question are accompanied by messages that encourage that predilection (a message that's more effectively sent by people being banned for opposing said predilection) this is a justification of the sort that's so stupid it's surprising that anyone actually expects it to be believed.

You don't think that maybe people with such sick and generally rejected sensibilities will have terms that they actually use when looking for hospitable environments? Do you think that the top ten search results in Google link to sites that are pro-child abuse?
It's pretty gross pretending that this is a valid position to take on such a serious matter.
Very dishonest of you.
All of these.

It's hilarious they thought anyone was going to fall for that ridiculous and disingenuous explanation for this new rule.

6q3xfe.jpg

But, so what if they do?

Management is worried that alleged pedophiles will find this site as a result of a search and what?

Come to the realization that an MMA website is inhospitable to them?

Or is management worried that someone powerful or wealthy could be accused of being a pedophile on here and then get all litigious?
Again, these things are NOT mutually exclusive. There are MANY reasons to crackdown on this crap. Yet somehow some of you guys think we're lying when we cite multiple reasons. As if citing one reason completely negates the other. That's circular logic.

Again, these things are NOT mutually exclusive. There are MANY reasons to crackdown on this crap. Yet somehow some of you guys think we're lying when we cite multiple reasons. As if citing one reason completely negates the other. That's circular logic.
The whole accusations against public figures because they will sue smells like BS to me. Its very difficult for a public figure to win those types of lawsuits. Plus you guys were okay with years of Trump accusations ( including CTs about him having sex with his daughter).

For what sort of idiot is that the "biggest worry"?
Unless the terms in question are accompanied by messages that encourage that predilection (a message that's more effectively sent by people being banned for opposing said predilection) this is a justification of the sort that's so stupid it's surprising that anyone actually expects it to be believed.

You don't think that maybe people with such sick and generally rejected sensibilities will have terms that they actually use when looking for hospitable environments? Do you think that the top ten search results in Google link to sites that are pro-child abuse?
It's pretty gross pretending that this is a valid position to take on such a serious matter.
Very dishonest of you.
I don't know why it's so hard for you to comprehend that people who've invested in a site don't want it associated with repugnant things and people, and that their interests might be different than yours or mine. It's not dishonest at all. Quite the opposite, actually. It's not my fear. But it is their biggest fear. Whether you agree with it or not.

I don't feel that anyone thinks you're lying, brah.

It's just absurd.

The whole accusations against public figures because they will sue smells like BS to me. Its very difficult for a public figure to win those types of lawsuits. Plus you guys were okay with years of Trump accusations ( including CTs about him having sex with his daughter).
Doesn't matter if it's hard for them to win. They have money and they can throw money and lawyers at you and let the legal costs bury you before they're through. And maybe they end up paying your legal costs in the end, but is it worth it? Trump is notorious for doing just that to people. And we have moderated posts that made accusations against him, so maybe that's not as strong an argument as you thought it was.

Doesn't matter if it's hard for them to win. They have money and they can throw money and lawyers at you and let the legal costs bury you before they're through. And maybe they end up paying your legal costs in the end, but is it worth it? Trump is notorious for doing just that to people. And we have moderated posts that made accusations against him, so maybe that's not as strong an argument as you thought it was.
Lol, sure okay. Hunter Biden is going to sue.

And no, traditionally trump accusations have been left up. I'm sure you've even given more than a handful of them a "like".

Lol, sure okay. Hunter Biden is going to sue.

And no, traditionally trump accusations have been left up. I'm sure you've even given more than a handful of them a "like".
I don't know what the point is about bringing up things that happened before rule changes. A forum like this is dynamic. Some things once allowed are not anymore, and vice versa. And there are reasons for that. We don't necessarily know what happened behind the scenes. Sometimes you take action preemptively rather than risk it happening.

I don't know what the point is about bringing up things that happened before rule changes. A forum like this is dynamic. Some things once allowed are not anymore, and vice versa. And there are reasons for that. We don't necessarily know what happened behind the scenes. Sometimes you take action preemptively rather than risk it happening.
Lol, and there it is. The rules changed after we started to discuss hunter's leak phone etc.
<WellThere><NoneOfMy>

I don't know why it's so hard for you to comprehend that people who've invested in a site don't want it associated with repugnant things and people, and that their interests might be different than yours or mine. It's not dishonest at all. Quite the opposite, actually. It's not my fear. But it is their biggest fear. Whether you agree with it or not.

And I don't know why it's hard for you to comprehend that this is very obviously dishonest.
Toe the line all you want, but don't expect anyone to call bullshit anything but bullshit.

And I don't know why it's hard for you to comprehend that this is very obviously dishonest.
Toe the line all you want, but don't expect anyone to call bullshit anything but bullshit.
You said I was being dishonest. When I told you the truth about the stated reasoning. Which you can think is bullshit. But they don't think it is. And they pay the bills.

LOL. We don't want our site associated with these terms, which come up in searches. The biggest worry is that people with those predilections will search for them and then find this site. You can report every suspect post and we'll take action on it if warranted. You're just mad because you can't paint your sociopolitical enemies with that scarlet letter. Too bad, so sad. Deal with it.

Enjoy your life of moral compromise. You certainly earned it.

Lol, and there it is. The rules changed after we started to discuss hunter's leak phone etc.
<WellThere><NoneOfMy>
I don't know why you think the rules are specific to one person or one thing involving that person. They're not. Not even close.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back