Merge: The Trump War Train/Dump

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, nothing sends a middle finger to the elites like supporting a billionaire trustfund baby who wants massive tax cuts for the rich and financial deregulation. That'll show them.

Trump's nomination has sent a strong message to the GOP at least. The message has been sent that the GOP has some serious reflecting to do and changes to make if they want to be seen as a legitimate political party in the future. Trump may lose to that nasty, evil bitch Hillary Clinton, but this may just be the shake-up the GOP needs to become a more reasonable party in the future.

The left can only continue on the self-righteous tyrannical path for so long before the Leftist Smug Train completely derails.

Trump's nomination has sent a strong message to the GOP at least. The message has been sent that the GOP has some serious reflecting to do and changes to make if they want to be seen as a legitimate political party in the future. Trump may lose to that nasty, evil bitch Hillary Clinton, but this may just be the shake-up the GOP needs to become a more reasonable party in the future.

The left can only continue on the self-righteous tyrannical path for so long before the Leftist Smug Train completely derails.

What does a more reasonable GOP look like in your mind? Are they even more focused on identity politics and white resentment? Do they double down on tax cuts for the rich?

I don't see them walking any of the crazy shit back. Every time they lose they circle the wagons and move further to the right.

Trying too hard?

Don't think he ever said he wants to ban all muslims n massively deport illegals. Fear mongering lefties came up with that.

He said he would prevent muslims from areas where conflict to come in us n do a better scanning of others.

If you do have an actual proof of him saying banning all muslims I would like to see it

"Complete and total shutdown of all Muslims..." ~ Emperor Donald Trump

What do I get?

I don't see your point here. Do you want a prize or something, for regurgitating every single left-wingers criticism of Trump, that he isn't what he seems? Do you think this thread on Sherdog is going to be THE moment where people finally come around and agree with what you're saying?

You're point in a nutshell:

"I think Trump is a phony"

Umm, good for you?

Who are you voting for?

well its happened. what most of us knew would happen.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/06/27/politics/donald-trump-campaign-rhetoric/index.html

trump has seemingly begun the backpedaling on many of his most popular stances (among supporters). he now claims that he only wants to ban muslims from certain areas, and does not want to mass deport "illegals."
he also claims in here that he would "not mind" if a muslim from scotland were trying to immigrate here. has he not been paying attention to who most of the terrorists actually are? muslims born in the west.

so my questions are: do some of you maintain that he is NOT shifting, or softening his views? if he is softening his views, does this just confirm that he was pandering the whole time, or is he just becoming more PC?

i don't care as long as a republican wins. sorry its the truth.

He said it was possible n gave an anecdote, but did he say he will send govt agent door to door to look for illegals?

So far all we know is he's not gonna ignore the law n let illegals in the country. If a person is caught during a routine check n happens to be an illegal, they will be deported n would have to come back legally.

You make it sound like he wants to round up all the brown ppl n kick them outta the country
you just went from saying hes never mentioned it to covering for him. hes mentioned it several times that eisenhowers policies were what he was looking as an example of how he can get it done.

I wouldn't vote for Trump if it was required for my diploma in Rocket Science from Trump U. (8 more credits to go bitches!), but I find it amazing that we've seen 2 threads in 1 week on his flip flopping; both, ironically enough, from people who will most likely vote for Clinton in November.

trump today complained about how hard the christians have it in syria and how its hard for them to get into the us. keep in mind this is the same guy who wants to ban everyone from syria from coming to the us.

Yes, @JonnyRingo84, I'm sure he'll be done any day now and backpedaling on everything and their mother. Remember to hold your breath.

If you want relevant education that is useful when listening to political speeches, try Aristotle's Rhetoric.

lol

to me, its simply clear that hes a politician and always was. he told a bunch of people what they wanted to hear, and then shifted positions for the general election. hes not a victim, his supporters are.

calling clinton a non-human....fine. how many humans do you know that are like trump? for every nasty thing you can point out about clinton, trump EASILY has a comparable trait/incident.

I was with you until that last paragraph/sentence.

Trump promised millions to charity. We found less than $10,000 over 7 years.

Washington Post said:
In May, under pressure from the news media, Donald Trump made good on a pledge he made four months earlier: He gave $1 million to a nonprofit group helping veterans’ families.

Before that, however, when was the last time that Trump had given any of his own money to a charity?

If Trump stands by his promises, such donations should be occurring all the time. In the 15 years prior to the veterans donation, Trump promised to donate earnings from a wide variety of his moneymaking enterprises: “The Apprentice.” Trump Vodka. Trump University. A book. Another book. If he had honored all those pledges, Trump’s gifts to charity would have topped $8.5 million.

But in the 15 years prior to the veterans’ gift, public records show that Trump donated about $2.8 million through a foundation set up to give his money away — less than a third of the pledged amount — and nothing since 2009. Records show Trump has given nothing to his foundation since 2008.
Trump and his staff are adamant that he has given away millions privately, off the foundation’s books. Trump won’t release his tax returns, which would confirm such gifts, and his staff won’t supply details. “There’s no way for you to know or understand,” Trump spokeswoman Hope Hicks told BuzzFeed recently.

Hicks did not respond to repeated questions about Trump’s charity from The Washington Post. Trump earlier this month revoked The Post’s press credentials to cover his events.

In recent weeks, The Post tried to answer the question by digging up records going back to the late 1980s and canvassing a wide swath of nonprofits with some connection to Trump.

That research showed that Trump has a long-standing habit of promising to give to charity. But Trump’s follow-through on those promises was middling — even at the beginning, in his early days as a national celebrity.

In the 1980s, Trump pledged to give away royalties from his first book to fight AIDS and multiple sclerosis. But he gave less to those causes than he did to his older daughter’s ballet school.

In recent years, Trump’s follow-through on his promises has been seemingly nonexistent...
I suppose this won't matter to those who raise a fist to the slogan, "Greed is good", but to the rest of the country, this is yet another embarrassing revelation providing insight into the despicable, self-aggrandizing, con artist character of the man resulting from the nonpareil level of scrutiny in a Presidential general election; one that Trump has proven, before even getting to the convention, to be woefully incompetent to handle. He clearly didn't lead a life expecting this to ever be a real possibility. He didn't prepare for it.

He's merely exploiting it. As best as I can tell, the biggest difference between him and Martin Shkreli is that Shkreli wanted people to hate him, and to see him as the villain. Trump's behavior indicates to me that he's the same man: merely with the opposite ambition.

He doesn't have me fooled. Never did.

Martin Shkreli at least is a more honest guy.

The Donald Trump supporter will simply find a way to justify it. Probably say that he was just doing what most billionaires do so is normal.

Of course they are gonna get mad at the media for actually doing some real journalism.

Martin Shkreli at least is a more honest guy.

The Donald Trump supporter will simply find a way to justify it. Probably say that he was just doing what most billionaires do so is normal.

Of course they are gonna get mad at the media for actually doing some real journalism.

I justify anything he does by saying he's not Hillary Clinton. I think that's a pretty damn good arguement.

So someone said they can prove a negative and since it lines up with madmicks politically he forgot it was impossible.

I justify anything he does by saying he's not Hillary Clinton. I think that's a pretty damn good arguement.
A guy who likes about giving to charity.

A guy who uses troll racial statements to get attn and hidden racist support

A guy who flip flops constantly. Completely 180 flips.

A guy who has no idea wtf he is talking about lots of times and keeps on saying bullshit.

At least with Hilary there some kind of constant. At least she actually knows about politics.

A guy who likes about giving to charity.

A guy who uses troll racial statements to get attn and hidden racist support

A guy who flip flops constantly. Completely 180 flips.

A guy who has no idea wtf he is talking about lots of times and keeps on saying bullshit.

At least with Hilary there some kind of constant. At least she actually knows about politics.

Yeh she's consistently a pathologically lying criminal.

So someone said they can prove a negative and since it lines up with madmicks politically he forgot it was impossible.
towlie.gif

I'm probably the only person on here that doesn't smoke.
You say that like it's a good thing. At least when the rest of us say stupid shit (and butcher elementary grammar) we have an excuse.

You realize that we're aren't talking about God, right? You realize this isn't about a standard of proof required for a conviction in a courtroom or infallible philosophical belief? You realize that I don't support Clinton? You realize that this isn't about me?

You say that like it's a good thing. At least when the rest of us say stupid shit we have an excuse.

You realize that we're aren't talking about God, right? You realize this isn't about a standard of proof required for a conviction in a courtroom or infallible philosophical belief? You realize that I don't support Clinton? You realize that this isn't about me?
Burden of proof applies everywhere dummy and so does "you can't prove a negative".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back