Metamoris 2!!!

Rener is a cheerleader, but he speaks clearly, understands what is technically happening in the matches, and can explain that to people who aren't high level in BJJ. I think he should stay.

I DO think they need a backup commentator. I would love Shawn Williams or somebody like that.

Fuck it, JOHN DANAHER.

his voice is annoying and he says stupid shit.

kron passes and he goes "oh wow, beautiful freedom! UUUUUUUUH-YOOOOOOOOOOOOOH!" if he kept the screaming to a minimum and just called the action, he'd be bearable, but he'd still annoy me. but his yelling was just fucking retarded.

I DO think they need a backup commentator. I would love Shawn Williams or somebody like that.

Fuck it, JOHN DANAHER.

I love the guy but he would be a terrible commentator and probably would have no interest in doing it.

his voice is annoying and he says stupid shit.

kron passes and he goes "oh wow, beautiful freedom! UUUUUUUUH-YOOOOOOOOOOOOOH!" if he kept the screaming to a minimum and just called the action, he'd be bearable, but he'd still annoy me. but his yelling was just fucking retarded.

We get that you aren't a fan of Rener :icon_lol:

I've heard worse commentators.

As long as they don't bring in the 2 guys that did the live commentary for ADCC 2009 I'll take it.

That was the worst commentary ever. Hilarious. I think it even got it's own (long) thread it was so bad.

Joe Rogan and Bas Rutten should be the next commentators for Metamoris.

I love the guy but he would be a terrible commentator and probably would have no interest in doing it.

I agree, Danaher would be terrible. He is very calculated with this thoughts. I think Kenny Florian would be pretty good @ it.

They should get the G-man.

Andreehh GALvvouhhh...

Galvooww...

I think joe rogan can and should commentate. Rener wasn't terrible but there was something missing from the commentators.

I wonder what rules changes they might bring or increase the time limit.

Joe Rogan would be terrible, I can just imagine him proposing that they should grab their leg and do Mission control, and whining about people not doing the lockdown in half-guard, and various other 10thp stupid shit.

Rener was not that bad. Florian would be good. Whoever said Bas is nuts. I like him, he's fun and crazy, but for me his commentating is terrible.

I thought Rener killed it. He seemed like he had gone out of his way to really immerse himself into the games of all of the competitors. He was able to really go in depth about what everyone was looking for, and talk about their strengths, competitive history, what their strategies were...all with a lot of detail. And above all that I thought he did it in a way that would be easy for a newcomer to follow.

Surprised at the amount of people saying they didn't think Rener was great. I mean he was definitely biased on the Galvao/Ryron match but who can blame him for that?

If you're not a Rener fan coming into the event his high energy is gonna be annoying. I'm not a big fan, but I'd still take it over boring announcers or ones who don't have a clue what's going on.

Back