Michael B. Jordan is set to play as Hercules in Disney's live action Hercules

I personally am fine with this, as Jordan’s a great actor. That being said, I wonder if there’s going to be protest from the Greeks like… was it Egypt that got pissed about the recent Cleopatra movie that had a black actress? Or was it some other country that was upset about some other black actor or actress playing some historical figure that I’m thinking of?

ignant-eggplant.gif

Not that I wouldn't put it past Disney but Inside the Magic is click bait trash.

That’s one of those live adaptations I’m actually looking forward to. Such a funny, underrated Disney film and I think it actually provides a lot of opportunity for a good live action take.

Problem is that Hades is so intertwined with Woods’ personality/persona that it’s tough to imagine them pulling that off nearly as well by going with a different take.

That said, it was the same sort of deal with Robin Williams/The Genie and I actually thought the 2019 movie did a solid enough job with the Smith iteration of the character.

Well, one of Zeus' epithets is Ethiops/Aethiops. Should be fine.

I personally am fine with this, as Jordan’s a great actor. That being said, I wonder if there’s going to be protest from the Greeks like… was it Egypt that got pissed about the recent Cleopatra movie that had a black actress? Or was it some other country that was upset about some other black actor or actress playing some historical figure that I’m thinking of?
I have no doubt. And plenty of Americans will be super upset that Hercules has dark skin. In fact, they’ll be in this thread soon, I’m sure.

You know, because Hercules was a real person who existed. So it’s important to get his skin color right.

...of course. Nothing screams ancient Greek mythological character like a black dude.

If true, it's hardly surprising for Disney. I'm actually surprised it wasn't a fat, blue haired trans chick

...of course. Nothing screams ancient Greek mythological character like a black dude.

If true, it's hardly surprising for Disney. I'm actually surprised it wasn't a fat, blue haired trans chick
ever heard of Memnon?

lol jk, ik you know nothing about Greek mythology, so i’m just fuckin’ w/ you.

Back