Michael B. Jordan is set to play as Hercules in Disney's live action Hercules

This was all fake wasn't it?

I don't think Disney were planning this film at all.

It's so stupid when people say this, especially when they think it's a big brain point.

The overall aesthetic of the character is important to......the character. This whole argument that it's not integral to the story is how people like you side step that fact.

Like, sure, his skin color doesn't change the story but it changes the entire feeling of it because you don't feel like your watching Hercules.

Do me a favor, think of the name Hercules and think of the first image that it evokes. If it's anything other than a whitish dude, you're lying to yourself.
0b0b5a0b-1404-48c0-96f1-60aa1a2b5929_text.gif

I learned the other day that Denzel Washington is playing Hannibal (Carthage Hannibal) in a new Netflix documentary.

Every week we get one step closer to that meme with a black guy playing Hitler.

I learned the other day that Denzel Washington is playing Hannibal (Carthage Hannibal) in a new Netflix documentary.

most ridiculous thing is denzel who's like 60 playing a dude in his thirties.
sure bro, i'll get over the Alps...eventually, my back hurts.

We already had a scottish guy playing hitler with a british accent. Not massively historically accurate is it?

Isnt Hercules Roman (Italian)? Heracles was the Greek.
It's latin name for same greek figure, just like all greek gods got latin names while being the same

More or less how an american would say Jesus while an italian would say Gesù, but they're talking about same thing

If you had a choice between a Scandinavian and a Middle Easterner? who would you rather play him? all else being equal
For a loyal live action adaption of Disney Hercules who had reddish hair and blue eyes?
working-out-philoctetes.gif

Probably a scandinavian lol

This exchange.....
If you had a choice between a Scandinavian and a Middle Easterner? who would you rather play him? all else being equal
The Scandinavian dude because they are white like us. We have Arab looking Greeks but they are a minority.

Lead to you saying this in another thread.
You are arguing with someone who thinks he is closer related to Swedish people than the countries surrounding Greece because "reasons".

LOL 🤣

Like, we know you're a shit poster but holy fuck.
Stop deliberating on Greek historical matters.

This exchange.....

Lead to you saying this in another thread.

LOL 🤣

Like, we know you're a shit poster but holy fuck.
Stop deliberating on Greek historical matters.

I am Lorde, Yahya ya. I don't care, ya ya ya.

If Greeks are white then so are Turks,Syrians,Iraqis,Iranians,etc.

You literally admitted there is no definition for white and it just encapsulates "Europe". It's apparently also a modern social construct but we need to also use this definition for Ancient Greece. You don't make any sense.

You have no idea what you are talking about.

Ancient Greeks mingled more with people from the Levant than anyone North. The DNA results also mirror these claims.

If Greeks are white then so are Turks,Syrians,Iraqis,Iranians,etc.

You literally admitted there is no definition for white and it just encapsulates "Europe". It's apparently also a modern social construct but we need to also use this definition for Ancient Greece. You don't make any sense.

You have no idea what you are talking about.

Ancient Greeks mingled more with people from the Levant than anyone North. The DNA results also mirror these claims.

I don't know why you tagged me in this conversation, but here's a picture of a Syrian woman:

ABC-syrian-women-02-jef-170426_16x9_1600.jpg

She looks pretty white to me.

Given that Hercules was not a real person there is no historically accurate Hercules.

Thank you for coming to my ted talk.

Looking white isn't an answer for @tastaylvr
He wants you to give a campus brand college definition of what whiteness is.

Her white skin is a social construction appearently.

The guy's a massive doofus and a hypocrite. His main tactic in arguing is #1. Shift the goalposts and #2. Gaslight. That's all he does.

Back