Michael Chandler's Bellator contract set to expire imminently

I think he'll do fine. He's arguably got two wins over Eddie and I wouldn't be surprised to see him beat most the top 10, especially since El Cucuy's career may be done.
What is going on with El Cucuy?

Chandler has some very solid sponsorships right now. who knows if they will stick around if he decides to jump ship. would the ufc really be willing to cover the money chandler may potentially lose due to the reebok deal? i don't think so. we will see what happens.

They can still sponsor him away from fight week
Cerrone, Faber, Tate & many more kept most (if not all) of their sponsors & made more doing appearances, social media, etc.

Cerrone, Faber, Tate & many more kept most (if not all) of their sponsors & made more doing appearances, social media, etc.
Definitely understand that, but all I’m getting at is that what they agreed upon is surly going to take a hit. Tv time and shout outa during events is more than likely the majority reason most sponsors cough up the dough.

Definitely understand that, but all I’m getting at is that what they agreed upon is surly going to take a hit. Tv time and shout outa during events is more than likely the majority reason most sponsors cough up the dough.

Not as much in 2018/19
A small patch on an ass in front of 500k watching on TV is less valuable than an IG post that stays on the internet in a lot of cases.
The world is changing & advertising is constantly restructuring itself.

A Chandler IG post (not including FB or Twitter) is currently valued at $760 per

If he does one a week, that is $36k for one product on one form of social media alone.
That will go up if he signs with UFC

Last edited:
Not as much in 2018/19
A small patch on an ass in front of 500k watching on TV is less valuable than an IG post that stays on the internet in a lot of cases.
The world is changing & advertising is constantly restructuring itself.

A Chandler IG post (not including FB or Twitter) is currently valued at $760 per

If he does one a week, that is $36k for one product on one form of social media alone.
That will go up if he signs with UFC
Solid info. How do you get this info?

Definitely want to believe anything that is valid

Solid info. How do you get this info?

Definitely want to believe anything that is valid

There is an advertising website that projects how much you can make per follower
So imagine someone with a lot of followers.

Miesha Tate = $11.2K (1.9m followers)

It's pretty much his last chance if he wants to go too the UFC.

Personally, if they offer him a solid contract I'd like to see him in the UFC over Bellator. He seems to have more or less ran his course in Bellator. UFC he'd have a ton of potential interesting fights.
I agree. Him staying in Bellator would mostly be for their benefit at this point. I don't see much else staying in Bellator would offer him.

This is his last shot to go to the UFC.

He should take it.

Bellator will always take him back if it doesn't work out for him.
He's exciting and he's done a lot for Bellator which is different from why Bellator didn't take back Will Brooks.

IIRC when it comes to fighters leaving the UFC for Bellator its 50/50 if they have made more money on sponsors.
The ones claiming they are making more are the ones that already had good relationships while in the UFC (yes after the Reebok deal kicked in), the ones saying they make nothing or dont want sponsors are the one that did not have any relations in the UFC.

It tells me UFC fighters still makes good sponsor money outside Reebok in the UFC, IF they work for it and keep having a good relationship with the companies.

The whole Bellator is pays more because sponsor money... Is not in my ppv true.

Would be nice to see him in some fresh match-ups. I'm not sure if he could be champ but could definitely compete with top 10 guys. And his fights are almost always good.

they made more? I clearly remember tate and maybe even cerrone complaining that they lost like 50% of the money that they used to get from sponsors

they made more? I clearly remember tate and maybe even cerrone complaining that they lost like 50% of the money that they used to get from sponsors

Tate wrote she wound up not losing any sponsors

well that's the most recent thing I can find

She calculated what she would get from Reebok compared to pre-Reebok when the announcement was made
Once she worked it out, she posted how great her sponsors were & she was a pioneer in social media promotion
So much so she is now managing fighters

These days social media engagement is where the money is.
That has a far bigger impact than a logo on an ass (even her great one) lol

She calculated what she would get from Reebok compared to pre-Reebok when the announcement was made
Once she worked it out, she posted how great her sponsors were & she was a pioneer in social media promotion
So much so she is now managing fighters

These days social media engagement is where the money is.
That has a far bigger impact than a logo on an ass (even her great one) lol
but she never actually said that she was making the same or more? just an instagram post?

Back