Middle Earth Shadow of War

Tell me what you can do in Black Flag. I've got it and you chug around in a ship, fire cannons and board ships. That's the core game.

There's hunting, in water and on land, the diving treasure and equipment upgrade hunts, assassination missions, stronghold battles, and some more good shit. Far and away my favorite AC game since 3, which I also really liked, despite people's complaints.

The Assassins Creed games have a lot to do, the problem is a lot of it isn't fun, collection quest type stuff or repetitive. Compare the assassination missions to assassinating an orc.

The camera really does you no favors when you're fighting three orc captains, two catagors and an endless stream of orc goons. Yes, swing the camera around to a right angle as I run away and get in super fucking close. :mad: I'm glad I rushed to Act II because the story missions in this are somehow worse than the first? Why am I watching 10 mins of cutscenes, following someone through caves and then cutscenes again. This is why single player AAA games are dying. You suck at telling a story and you constantly take control away from the player leaving me looking at dull cgi videos and my character isn't even wearing the loot I got for him. After the hold the gate part I just skipped every single cutscene.

Having said that......building an orc army is awesome. They should have cut out all of Act I and gotten straight to this. Here Talion, here's this badass ring and let's get our orc squad of doom together. Boom instantly hooked.

Act 2 was fucking fun. Building the army. The only that sucks is the Champion fighting pit, the boss is 10 times higher than the max i can level my own army with the nemesis missions. Doesn;t make much sense to me.

You need to leave yourself up and use orcs that are obvious killers. A lower level orcs isn't necessarily worse than a higher level one. 10 level difference is doable.

The Assassins Creed games have a lot to do, the problem is a lot of it isn't fun, collection quest type stuff or repetitive. Compare the assassination missions to assassinating an orc.

The Enzio games had good assassination missions. Afterwards the missions turned to shit.

The Enzio games had good assassination missions. Afterwards the missions turned to shit.

I really liked the side quests in AC2, Brotherhood, but by Revelations, the series (animations, combat, story structure etc) started to get real stale. I thought AC3 was a really good change, animation and combat size. AC4 was a cool different direction. Since, too many stumbles.

My level 44 orc just killed a level 56 orc in the pits easily.

Finished Act III, not sure if I want to play IV to the end because I know the ending.

The Zog missions are really terrible...well pretty much all missions are terrible. But especially those because of the ultra slow Hold B drain and the neverensing trash spawns. The orc and fortress stuff continues to rule though.

Bruz....
I shamed that motherfucker 3 or 4 times and then executed him.

I was doing a mission to draw out a War Chief in Gorgoroth and he showed up again in an ambush all leveled up. I recruited him and then used him to assault the fort. He kept saying, "I don't want the fort I don't want it" haha poor bastard. Kind of wish I could give him his mind back.

So my own bodyguard betrayed and ambushed me (I was hurt to my soul). This captain is one that's always mounted on a dire caragor. I immediately climbed a tower then dove down to stealth attack him which knocked him off his caragor. Turns out even if a orc captain betrays you, their mounts will still be loyal to you! The dire caragor immediately started attacking its former rider and once we killed him the caragor stood there obediently awaiting orders (not that I knew what the hell to do with him).
Surprising little nuances........

Does anyone know if you can trigger the final Act 2 mission early?

The only mission that's on my map is the "Bright Lord." I know there are still 3 or so Bruz missions that haven't prompted for me. Do I need to do anything to trigger them? Can I still play them later if I play the Bright Lord mission first?

Just got this and started playing, what's the point of shaming a captain/warchief that you can turn? Or banish them or anything else? Do you have a limited number you can control or something why you wouldn't want one on your side or as powerful as you can control?

Just got this and started playing, what's the point of shaming a captain/warchief that you can turn? Or banish them or anything else? Do you have a limited number you can control or something why you wouldn't want one on your side or as powerful as you can control?

Kinda at the same point your are and trying to figure this out.

No real difference, other than your level. Since you can't recruit an orc of a higher level than you, you can first shame them, then have a go at recruitment. Also, shaming them can remove one (or more) of their resistances. So if you have an orc with iron will that you really want to recruit, shame him, and you might be able to recruit them.

Other than that, it's just kind of a personal "you wanna betray me! Well fuck you, I will break you so hard..."

And you can control as many orcs as a particular region screen allows. Banishing an orc just kicks them off your team and back onto the Sauron squad.

So my own bodyguard betrayed and ambushed me (I was hurt to my soul). This captain is one that's always mounted on a dire caragor. I immediately climbed a tower then dove down to stealth attack him which knocked him off his caragor. Turns out even if a orc captain betrays you, their mounts will still be loyal to you! The dire caragor immediately started attacking its former rider and once we killed him the caragor stood there obediently awaiting orders (not that I knew what the hell to do with him).
Surprising little nuances........

Works the other way around too lol. My body guard and I were fighting a caragor rider.... we knocked him off, I jumped on the caragor... but my bodyguard kept attacking it until it died, seemed pretty proud of himself after too.

This game worth picking up?? I’m thinking of trying to get it on Black Friday.

This game worth picking up?? I’m thinking of trying to get it on Black Friday.
My roommate has been playing it like non stop. He was up till like 2:30 Wednesday morning after starting playing around like 5-6pm..

Question about online vendettas. When you kill captains in someone else's world do they show up as dead for them?

Question about online vendettas. When you kill captains in someone else's world do they show up as dead for them?

You get info that you got avenged, not sure if they disappear

Working my way through Assassins Creed Origins.

Hmm.

Fun game.

But I’m missing what made AC2 and the other Enzo games so great. You worked hard for everything you did. A tower climb or lair would be murder. You didn’t grab worthless weapons and armor twenty times a go, everything was valuable.

SoW is much better in every way than AC:O.

Back