Might have a Crush on my Friend

P

Pugilistic

I have many female friends, some whom I love to death but it's strictly platonic. In my head, once I establish a line of friendship, I don't cross it. Friends are friends, and the women I have pursued are well outside my social circle. And these days I don't do much pursuing at all.

But here's this chick, who has thrown a curve ball at me, whom I have grown to respect in the short amount of time I've known her, who I find myself thinking about more than I do any of my other female friends.

When I first met her in the summer, I didn't really think much of her. She's not physically my type. Her personality is like every other LA chick I've met. She's probably young, stupid, and just wants to party all the time.

We only exchanged contact info because her and a bunch of others were trying to link up with us to party one night. We ended up texting a lot and hanging out more and going on a trip together, where I got to know her much better.

Now I know she's older than I first assumed, has quite a bit of knowledge and professional experience, and she actually parties way less than I do. Her personality is incredibly cool. She's just down to do anything and impressively composed in tough situations, unlike most women (and men) who are indecisive, needlessly picky, and flakey. She was also the only one of my friends to come out to support me when I did the poetry recital a couple weeks back. Not that I resent my other friends but that meant a lot to me. She's still really not my type on a physical level but she's quite cute and has a more impressive body than I expected.

I've been thinking about her quite a lot. Not about banging her (although that has crossed my mind too) but about hanging out with her. I find myself really looking forward to seeing her and chilling with her again, much more than I do with my other friends. I find myself checking my phone repeatedly throughout the day to see if she texted me. Which I think is insane. I only do that when there's some shit going down at work, or if there's a chick I really like.. What the fuck is wrong with me.

This development makes me think of how unpredictable our feelings can be (or maybe it's just mine). I didn't expect I would develop feelings for someone whom I consider a friend and isn't not my physical type, especially when I've been growing increasingly disinterested in any sort of sexual/romantic pursuit. How does attraction work anyway?

Not that any of this matters.

I'm not looking for advice on how to break out of the friendzone here as I want the opposite. As mentioned before, I don't cross the line of friendship. I'd rather maintain a potential lifelong friendship rather than pursue a bout of temporary emotions that will likely lead to heartbreak. There are also a lot of other reasons why I wouldn't pursue this. I have to manage my own feelings before it causes any trouble.

I will keep my distance from her until these feelings die down. The issue is really matter of how I go about it because I don't want her to think I dislike her. Pretend to be too busy? Use different body language around her? Tell her honestly?

Cliffs:
1. I have a crush on a friend
2. I intend to maintain the friendship
3. I may have to distance myself to manage my feelings
4. What's the best way to go about this?

Fuck her right in the pussy.

Last edited:
Holy shit I really regret reading all of that. A few minutes of my life I'll never get back, regardless of how many children I sacrifice

Cliffs:
1. I have a crush on a friend
2. I intend to maintain the friendship
3. I may have to distance myself to manage my feelings
4. What's the best way to go about this?

Marry her.

mike_tyson_s_mysteries___pigeon_by_soll_dennegallery-dah9f16.gif

Have you never actually had sex before? Holy shit, just smash, if it doesn't work out it is just one friendship that ended. It shouldn't matter that much, you'll make more friends.

Have you never actually had sex before? Holy shit, just smash, if it doesn't work out it is just one friendship that ended. It shouldn't matter that much, you'll make more friends.
By that logic I will also meet more women so I don't have to smash this one. Good friendships are hard to come by and I come to value them highly.

Why do I feel like I’ve heard this before.

And from you too. Lol

By that logic I will also meet more women so I don't have to smash this one. Good friendships are hard to come by and I come to value them highly.

She probably just thinks youre her gay friend. You will never be able to smash if you constantly put yourself in the friend zone. You meet the next girl, you become good friends, and then you stop there, because you are friends. Rinse repeat, jesus man let yourself take the risk to expand outside of the friend zone.

Can a woman and a man be friends is the real question

So then why create the thread

Fact is you want to bang this girl but you are afraid of being rejected by her so you're trying to rationalize why you should avoid being an actual man and just asking her out to dinner/coffee/movie/whatever

dude its like you build this whole soap opera on your head abut this, wanna bang that, go for it, give it a try see how it goes but this whole scenario in your head is insane, simplify it just use your own cliffs and bang

Just take it slow and have fun. Its better to remain friends if you dont think u can commit to a romantic relationship. U have to be careful not to hurt her and lose teh friendship.

Anyway, there is no shame in falling in love with a non 10/10 woman. As corny as it sounds, beauty does fade. Its much better to be with someone that you have a connection with than a pretty bitch that u cant stand.

You know the whole point is that I want to remain in the friendzone.

Definitely.

Then what the point here? We are all going to tell you to smash, because this is sherdog. No one is going to tell you to just stay friends. My advice is still to just smash, if she is so cool you enjoy be around her so much it might work out.

Back