Mike brown, Eric Garner, and now you are going to know the name of Stephen Clark-paraphrase quote

So when they asked him to show his hands, how could he have shown his hands in a way that wouldn't result in his death?

By not having anything in his hands.

I know it's a bit of shitty deal to expect perps and citizens to know exactly how to comply with some orders, and mistakes do get made. However, cops are given leeway when assessing threats like this, because the margin for error the other way(the guy is pulling/does have a gun) is so slim, and they have every authority not to take that chance. And they should continue to have that authority.

If you give a command that can only result in the death of an unarmed suspect, shouldn't you be at fault for giving poor commands?

This wasn't a case of poor commands, unlike that kid who got shot in the hotel in Vegas(?). Those were poor commands.

In this case, it was simply a case of them not being able to identify what was in his hands, and not taking any chances. It's pretty standard, and you can't blame the cops for a making a decision to shoot in the heat of the moment.

Give zero fucks tbh.

Break into cars, flee cops, you automatically reduce your life expectancy by 35 years.

I'm sure there will be a lot of SLWLs who will attempt to portray this person as the next MLK....

But if you live the life of a criminal , expect to die like one.

How difficult is it to obey an officers instructions not to run?

Fuck this guy, and fuck you leftist scum who will undoubtedly white knight him.

Self loathing white leftist are the lowest life forms on earth. Below rock eating lichens even.

@nhbbear

Sorry dude, I'm just triggered because several of my SLWL and SJW friends are reposting and retweeting that stupid shit by Shaun king...

"He was shot 20 times, but Dylan roof was somehow arrested and taken into custody peacefully and was able to order his favorite fast food meal

Lol at anybody that follows that fucking charlatan sack of confused shit.

Every prisoner in custody gets fed. Jesus, people are still so uninformed in the hyper information age.

So when they asked him to show his hands, how could he have shown his hands in a way that wouldn't result in his death?

If you give a command that can only result in the death of an unarmed suspect, shouldn't you be at fault for giving poor commands?

For the record, I did police simulation training with my county police. I gave shitty orders to a suspect that led to the virtual death of said suspect. It's not easy, which is why I'm not a cop.

He could have shown empty hands

Doesn't matter the cause, any time a person of color is shot by police expect rage

Man, I hear what you are saying, but is their no middle ground?

So maybe instead of being criminally liable for being wrong, you are employment liable for being wrong?

Maybe they don't even need to lose their job, just their ability to be a field officer.

I just don't like the idea that running from the police gives license to kill.

Shouldn't their be some consequence to keep cops from erring way too far on the side of caution?

Civil suits are awarded even when police are cleared. I get your thought process, too. It just sucks all around for all involved.

No, he followed that order. That's how he got shot.

Straight from the article in the OP
"The department says he refused orders to stop and show his hands. He advanced toward the officers holding an object extended in front of him, the department said. "

Unless there's been footage released that contradicts this...

EDIT: Just saw the footage and saw nothing to suggest he was following the orders given by the police. Unfortunately it's hard to tell much from the video so it doesn't really corroborate the cops version 100%.

I am not white-knighting anybody.

It's a sad day on Sherdog when a guy who was just trying to play apologist for murdering cops gets called out for being some sort of BLM lefty.

Don't worry, dude, some of us understood exactly what you were trying to communicate. Don't let the false criticism get to you.

By not having anything in his hands.

I know it's a bit of shitty deal to expect perps and citizens to know exactly how to comply with some orders, and mistakes do get made. However, cops are given leeway when assessing threats like this, because the margin for error the other way(the guy is pulling/does have a gun) is so slim, and they have every authority not to take that chance. And they should continue to have that authority.

This wasn't a case of poor commands, unlike that kid who got shot in the hotel in Vegas(?). Those were poor commands.

In this case, it was simply a case of them not being able to identify what was in his hands, and not taking any chances. It's pretty standard, and you can't blame the cops for a making a decision to shoot in the heat of the moment.

But if you're in a situation where you can't identify what is in a person's hands, why would you ask him to show his hands?

Is a cop allowed to tell you to show your hands if they will have to shoot you regardless of what is in your hands? Should they maybe be trained to not give this command in situations with poor visibility?

Say this to yourself a few times;

"Shot 22 times"

Imagine punching someone 22 times in the head to ensure they were out. Even though it was all over after the 3rd punch.

I don't get how you need to shoot someone 22 times. Either the guns suck or the cops went ott.

Still, it sounds like shooting him was warranted.

You'd be surprised at how easily firing off that many rounds is when you're in a situation like that.

The guy was approaching police and threatening them. He waved his phone over his head in the dark which could look like a gun. Sounds like the guy needs to win a Darwin Award.

He was an unemployed 22 year old father of two. Definitely not contributing anything to society. It’s interesting that you can’t find his criminal record in any of the race baiting news stories. It’s also amazing how his dirtbag family already has T-Shirts made with his face on them trying to profit off him being an idiot.

Glad the boys in blue are safe

Its always t shirts and teddy bear memorials before the body is even cold

the ts MIGHT have a point if cops didnt use this as their excuse every time they murder someone. "he was reaching for his waistband" or "i thought he had a gun" is what they say every time and it automatically releases them from guilt. cry wolf all the time and eventually people arent going to buy it anymore

Maybe what we really need is for every police station to have an in-house optometrist. Half the police in this country appear to be fucking blind.

Not all of us have hyper night vision capabilities, subterranean man

Straight from the article in the OP
"The department says he refused orders to stop and show his hands. He advanced toward the officers holding an object extended in front of him, the department said. "

Unless there's been footage released that contradicts this...

I just watched the footage. The officer say s "Show me your hands, gun gun gun!" and starts shooting. It all happens in literaly less than two seconds. Maybe he was already advancing toward them when they asked him to show his hands? In which case, he still complied with orders.

the ts MIGHT have a point if cops didnt use this as their excuse every time they murder someone. "he was reaching for his waistband" or "i thought he had a gun" is what they say every time and it automatically releases them from guilt. cry wolf all the time and eventually people arent going to buy it anymore

Lol... Like "hands up, don't shoot" or "he wasn't doing nothing" or - insert dog eared excuse here ? And weakling enablers like you eat it hook line and sinker. Every. Time.

We get it guy. You hate cops. Sadly, your weak mind is riddled with hate and clouds any critical thinking skills you might actually possess.

Back