Mike brown, Eric Garner, and now you are going to know the name of Stephen Clark-paraphrase quote

But from the reports they assume it’s a gun and open fire. Are cops now allowed to shoot anyonr running with something in their hands?

If you're already a perceived threat, who has resisted arrest, and then pull out an unidentifiable object that could be gun, yes. Cops can, and will shoot you dead.

Perhaps the lesson here is, don't be a criminal piece of shit, and find yourself in this situation in the first place.

As predicted, leftist cunts white knight another criminal piece of shit, and vilify the police .

Lol...

"....well, derp derp the cop should have made 110 percent sure that the loving father didn't have a weapon before opening fire..."

You people are fucking terrible.

As predicted, leftist cunts white knight another criminal piece of shit, and vilify the police .

Lol...

"....well, derp derp the cop should have made 110 percent sure that the loving father didn't have a weapon before opening fire..."

You people are fucking terrible.

Before a cop shoots someone 20 times, you absolutely should be 110% sure they have a gun.

In this case they made almost no effort to confirm. All they saw was something in his hand and went directly to “Gun!”

If you're already a perceived threat, who has resisted arrest, and then pull out an unidentifiable object that could be gun, yes. Cops can, and will shoot you dead.

Perhaps the lesson here is, don't be a criminal piece of shit, and find yourself in this situation in the first place.

Wrong lesson.

What happened to punishment should fit the crime or cops are not judge, jury and executioner?

Wrong lesson.

What happened to punishment should fit the crime or cops are not judge, jury and executioner?

Well, this wasn't a trial. Cops do have the right, as they should, to end potentially life endangering threats with lethal force. We give them that responsibility. However, they are not Superman, and do not have X-Ray vision, and the ability to slow down time in any given situation. They make reasonable threat assessments, and act accordingly. In this case, they followed protocol. Non-compliant suspect was chased, cornered, and pulled out an unidentifiable object, that could very well have been a gun. At that point, they have the right to engage with lethal force, to end the threat.

Too bad. So sad. Don't be a criminal. Don't get shot. The end.

Before a cop shoots someone 20 times, you absolutely should be 110% sure they have a gun.

In this case they made almost no effort to confirm. All they saw was something in his hand and went directly to “Gun!”

Cops can't slow down time and they aren't RoboCop with X-ray vision detailing an object in the perp's hands. There's no 110% confirmations happening in the heat of the moment, especially with a perp who has already resisted arrest and ran.

It's perfectly acceptable in this situation. Protocol was followed to a tee. You deal with it.

Don't live thug life. Don't get thug death. Simple rules, really.

So when they asked him to show his hands, how could he have shown his hands in a way that wouldn't result in his death?

If you give a command that can only result in the death of an unarmed suspect, shouldn't you be at fault for giving poor commands?

For the record, I did police simulation training with my county police. I gave shitty orders to a suspect that led to the virtual death of said suspect. It's not easy, which is why I'm not a cop.

This guy definitely made poor decisions, but the fact that he was unarmed should not totally be lost. I'm not for bringing charges on these officers but c'mon there needs to be a discussion past "well he is a piece of shit criminal who had it coming".

Cops can't slow down time and they aren't RoboCop with X-ray vision detailing an object in the perp's hands. There's no 110% confirmations happening in the heat of the moment, especially with a perp who has already resisted arrest and ran.

So what could the suspect have done at that point to avoid being shot?

people think "why dont you just shoot them in the leg"

Cops arent superheros but at least they try to be

Ah... i see some of you want to discuss the phenomenon known as "contagious fire."

Instead of discussing why buddy chose to beat feet.

Strange how we are discussing the personal accountability of the officers involved and not the mother fucker that ran putting the officers in a heightened state of vigilance.

Yall fucking up.

And this is coming from a cop hater.

My tax dollars pay cops. I'm allowed to make sure they're doing a good job.

Well, this wasn't a trial. Cops do have the right, as they should, to end potentially life endangering threats with lethal force. We give them that responsibility. However, they are not Superman, and do not have X-Ray vision, and the ability to slow down time in any given situation. They make reasonable threat assessments, and act accordingly. In this case, they followed protocol. Non-compliant suspect was chased, cornered, and pulled out an unidentifiable object, that could very well have been a gun. At that point, they have the right to engage with lethal force, to end the threat.

Too bad. So sad. Don't be a criminal. Don't get shot. The end.

This narrative of “suspect turns to police officers and pull out an unidentified object” is getting really old. Really? Every single time? It’s become as believable as popped MMA fighters saying it was because of tainted supplements.

I just can’t believe that with just about every case where an unarmed black man gets shot, it’s because he, for some he unknown reason, reaches into his pants or jacket to pull out a gun-like object right at the height of tension. No way it happens that often.

And I don’t even want to address your capital punishment for all crimes statements.

So what could the suspect have done at that point to avoid being shot?

Lay down. Stop resisting. Stop running. Cleared his hands of any object.

Or he could've not ran through backyards at night after committing a crime which created a dangerous volatile situation.

people think "why dont you just shoot them in the leg"

Cops arent superheros but at least they try to be

That one always gets a chuckle out of me.

Say this to yourself a few times;

"Shot 22 times"

Imagine punching someone 22 times in the head to ensure they were out. Even though it was all over after the 3rd punch.

I don't get how you need to shoot someone 22 times. Either the guns suck or the cops went ott.

Still, it sounds like shooting him was warranted.
Five cops fire four shots each. Not one guy fired a revolver and reloaded 4 times

Lay down. Stop resisting. Stop running. Cleared his hands of any object.

Or he could've not ran through backyards at night after committing a crime which created a dangerous volatile situation.

Did they tell him to lay down or did they tell him to show his hands? You're saying he should have disobeyed police orders?

I asked about the point where they had him cornered and asled him to show his hands. What should he have done?

They don’t need to slow down time in this situation. He was cornered. No where to run. Helicopter spotlight on him. Cops safe behind a wall. How about take a minute or two or 10 hours (if that’s what it takes) to confirm if he had a gun with intent to use it.

According to the reports I’ve seen and read so far, the time between “Show us your hands, Gun!...the gun fire” was just a few seconds.

Even if the man had a gun, they could have tried to take him a live. The reports say, they drop him with the first couple shots then proceed to unload the rest of their clips into him as he was sprawled out on the ground.

Did they tell him to lay down or did they tell him to show his hands? You're saying he should have disobeyed police orders?

I asked about the point where they had him cornered and asled him to show his hands. What should he have done?

Stopped and showed his hands, obviously. Instead he disobeyed orders.

They don’t need to slow down time in this situation. He was cornered. No where to run. Helicopter spotlight on him. Cops safe behind a wall. How about take a minute or two or 10 hours (if that’s what it takes) to confirm if he had a gun with intent to use it.

According to the reports I’ve seen and read so far, the time between “Show us your hands, Gun!...the gun fire” was just a few seconds.

Even if the man had a gun, they could have tried to take him a live. The reports say, they drop him with the first couple shots then proceed to unload the rest of their clips into him as he was sprawled out on the ground.

In order to correctly determine if it is a gun in his hands they would either need to stop time or have unreal super vision to spot that in the dark. He disobeyed orders when they said "Show us your hands" after leading the police on a chase.

Back