Military Roll Call! Veterans, GTFIH!

@Mike Hagger, @HunterSdVa29

Yes, I was Infantry (11B) also, and later Civil Affairs (38A). My first experience with female soldiers happened when I was at OCS. Our class slept together (male and female) in one area. We also shared the latrine. Separate time schedule for showers. There was never a sexual issue. I don't think the thought of having sex even occurred. The female candidates were very professional.

Civil Affairs was male/female soldiers. Same issue with the sleeping arrangement and latrine as in OCS. No, no problems. Both male and female soldiers (NCOs and officers) were very professional. No sexual issues stateside or during deployment. That's not to say other units didn't have sexual problems. Some did. I heard of 'sexual encounters' between married lower enlisted, NCOs, and O-4s and above.

I'm just hoping that 'gay' male soldiers keep to themselves. It is a whole different Army than the one I served in a few years ago.

Yes, all my counseling with female soldiers was done with a third party present. A false rape accusation alone can end or tarnish an officer's career.

Was it easy to change jobs? Was Civil Affairs what you wanted to change over to, or just the only available so you can get out of previous?

Was it easy to change jobs? Was Civil Affairs what you wanted to change over to, or just the only available so you can get out of previous?

Yes, it was easy to change jobs. I requested the change to Civil Affairs (38A) after 6 years in the Infantry (11B). Civil Affairs was Special Operations. I already spoke Spanish and Portuguese having been born in Brazil and traveled through most of Latin America. I knew the culture. The unit I transferred to worked hard to recruit me since they had South America as their Area of Operations. USSOUTHCOM - U.S. Southern Command.

My 'golden' assignment was a tour with the U.S. Embassy in Brazil with the USMLO - United States Military Liaison Office. That was my chance to return to Brazil after many years of growing up in the U.S.

I was also in Belize where they speak English and the British keep a Battalion size element of Army personnel.

Honduras was another assignment where the U.S. was working with the Honduran military and I had a chance to meet and work with a few U.S. Army Special Forces guys. One of the military bases has one of the longest airport runways in the area where the U.S. can deploy from to support operations in any country in Central or South America.

Last edited:
Yes, it was easy to change jobs. I requested the change to Civil Affairs (38A) after 6 years in the Infantry (11B). Civil Affairs was Special Operations. I already spoke Spanish and Portuguese having been born in Brazil and traveled through most of Latin America. I knew the culture. The unit I transferred to worked hard to recruit me since they had South America as their Area of Operations. USSOUTHCOM - U.S. Southern Command.

My 'golden' assignment was a tour with the U.S. Embassy in Brazil with the USMLO - United States Military Liaison Office. That was my chance to return to Brazil after many years of growing up in the U.S.

I was also in Belize where they speak English and the British keep a Battalion size element of Army personnel.

Honduras was another assignment where the U.S. was working with the Honduran military and I had a chance to meet and work with a few U.S. Army Special Forces guys. One of the military bases has one of the longest airport runways in the area where the U.S. can deploy from to support operations in any country in Central or South America.
I requested Honduras after Germany, but i didn't have 12 months and was Married so i got 'no go'd' from Branch haha

probably bowline since its pretty useful for a variety of things.

probably bowline since its pretty useful for a variety of things.

Yes Mr. Roaming.... It's very useful indeed. I personally enjoy the granny knot.... Lots of applications....

*Hand Salute* :(

That is one of my favorite songs.

Also, I'm not a military veteran.

So....to add to the discussion...here's a great quote about the military from one of my favorite military officers of all time:

QGzMJUg.jpg

I had one female subordinate that was always gunning for me and trying to get me in trouble. Yes, I was her direct supervisor. Whenever I had to counsel her, I ALWAYS had the door open and my female Captain within earshot.

Cover Your Six.

Yet when a male subordinate gets on your nerves....

That is one of my favorite songs.

Also, I'm not a military veteran.

So....to add to the discussion...here's a great quote about the military from one of my favorite military officers of all time:

QGzMJUg.jpg
ScaredPalatableGar-small.gif

Also, I'm not a military veteran. So....to add to the discussion...here's a great quote about the military from one of my favorite military officers of all time:

QGzMJUg.jpg

Thomas Sankara sounds like a real "Dumb Fuck" if you ask me. Burkina Faso is a first rate shit hole.
So Nazis and American soldiers in WWII are the same thing?

Back