Military Roll Call! Veterans, GTFIH!

There's a USMC officer who wears a beard and turban but he wasn't allowed to until after OCS/TBS/MOS school.

Military form and function should come first IMHO. I've served with plenty of clean-shaven Muslims. Heck I would even taste their food at going-away parties so they wouldn't eat any pork.

The needs of the military come first. We all knew this when we raised our right hands.

There was a Muslim recruit in my platoon. He ate whatever was served. He mentioned how the Quran allows you to consume something that isn't Halal, if you didn't have a choice and were starving. When we got to ITB, he could choose what he ate, but understood all that stuff was going to come in contact with pork in the galley. Dude was a realist and understood what he was getting into. Wish more people were like that.

Last edited:
There was a Muslim recruit in my platoon. He ate whatever was served. He mentioned how the Quran allows you to consume something that isn't Halal, if you didn't have a choice and were starving. When we got to ITB, he could chose what he ate, but understood all that stuff was going to come in contact with pork in the galley. Dude was a realist and understood what he was getting into. Wish more people were like that.

Nothing but respect for anyone like that no matter their religion.

Someone painted a giant dick in the HQ parking lot of my old unit and now they have firewatch in the parking lot until it gets paved over. <Lmaoo>

Someone painted a giant dick in the HQ parking lot of my old unit and now they have firewatch in the parking lot until it gets paved over. <Lmaoo>
And they wonder why morale and retention is at an all time high

Someone drew a dick on the side of our barge once...our whole department had our half day of libo canceled then days later it was dertmined it wasn't even us....

Pictures?
That is fucking hilarious.
That is the unit's emblem. "Those who dare have big balls & a big dick."

Why does it need to get paved over? Can't you just get a couple of Privates with a bucket of soap and water to scrub it clean?
Marines.
You know they are going to do it again right?
A good target would be the Sergeant Major's parking space.

Why does it need to get paved over? Can't you just get a couple of Privates with a bucket of soap and water to scrub it clean?
Marines.
You know they are going to do it again right?
A good target would be the Sergeant Major's parking space.

They may already have an agreement with civilian contractors. I wouldn't be surprised if they got a working party to remove it. Then, had some engineers perform the actual work, while a civilian contractor watched them.

I did our contract maintenance with the DoD. Had to do onsite stuff at times, and would see shit like that from time to time.

They may already have an agreement with civilian contractors. I wouldn't be surprised if they got a working party to remove it. Then, had some engineers perform the actual work, while a civilian contractor watched them.

I did our contract maintenance with the DoD. Had to do onsite stuff at times, and would see shit like that from time to time.
Nope, they had to pave over it.

I always wanted to go for the legion in my 20's but never got round to it .Just seen this vid on youtube .600 legionnaires from the 2nd foreign infantry regiment practice there jogging in Nimes .

I always wanted to go for the legion in my 20's but never got round to it .Just seen this vid on youtube .600 legionnaires from the 2nd foreign infantry regiment practice there jogging in Nimes .

Heh. Captain Jack.

I always wanted to go for the legion in my 20's but never got round to it.
Just seen this vid on youtube .600 legionnaires from the 2nd foreign infantry regiment practice there jogging in Nimes.
Better learn some French first. If you don't know it already, you will have a limited time to learn the language after joining. You will not be a French citizen till you have proven yourself for 3 years. Initial training is about 4 months long, but there is much more specialized training after that. I would equate it to joining the U.S. Army's 75th Ranger Regiment. Also, the hazing is much worse than in US military schools. 80% attrition rate. These guys aren't called elite for nothing. The French government does not really give a shit about dead legionnaires in combat because many are not French. Good luck.

Better learn some French first. If you don't know it already, you will have a limited time to learn the language after joining. You will not be a French citizen till you have proven yourself for 3 years. Initial training is about 4 months long, but there is much more specialized training after that. I would equate it to joining the U.S. Army's 75th Ranger Regiment. Also, the hazing is much worse than in US military schools. 80% attrition rate. These guys aren't called elite for nothing. The French government does not really give a shit about dead legionnaires in combat because many are not French. Good luck.

You're going to do time in Africa.

Back