Minimum tip for takeout is 20%

Bornstarch

Holy Paladin
@Brown
Reaction score
I just ordered pizza from a place that has a minimum tip of 20%, even for Pick-Up. There's NO option for no tip. Even if you drive and pick it up yourself, you still have to pay, at the minimum, an extra 20% on top of the cost of the order.

Another place I went to recently was a Hawaiian food place where you had to pay a minimum of 15% tip on the touch-screen. There's no option for no tip and not even an option for a "custom tip" so you can put in 1%.

Time for the mandatory monthly Mayberry tipping thread!

I just ordered pizza from a place that has a minimum tip of 20%, even for Pick-Up. There's NO option for no tip. Even if you drive and pick it up yourself, you still have to pay, at the minimum, an extra 20% on top of the cost of the order.

Another place I went to recently was a Hawaiian food place where you had to pay a minimum of 15% tip on the touch-screen. There's no option for no tip and not even an option for a "custom tip" so you can put in 1%.

No option to not tip?

not-right-thats-not-right.gif

Dude I just wouldn't order there

Would pay the exact amount that I owe with no tip with cash or, if they didn't accept that, cancel my order in person right then and there and tell them to fuck off.

Can you tell us a story about how things went haywire when your buddy Slobaknob tried to tip?

I am glad you asked.
When @Slobodan was on a date earlier this year with what he thought was a woman, they went to a small place, with live candles and a staff wearing ties.
Slobodan had been saving up for a long time to invite this woman, well what he thought was a woman out on a date, this was his big moment.
The music was romantic and the food delicious.
It could not go any better... It was close to a home run.
But then... then the staff came with the bill and demanded a 20% tip.
Growing up in Albania Slobodans family ran a small pizzeria
It had a basement where weird stuff happened. So weird it made the internet as a NYC pizzeria.. but thats another story.
Slobodan had never received a tip when working the counter in the family pizzeria. Which says a lot about his service...
Later they had to flee from Albania and ended up in Turkey or was it Australia or Austria? I can never really remember.
Slobodan joined a gang that sold meth and counterfeit dog food.
It was actually BigMacs they blended and then baked in the oven.
Some really nasty shit, gave the dogs diarrhea.

anyway when he saw the bill and the tip he got really upset.
But he could not lose face in front of his date, that he thought was a woman.
So he paid the bill and the 20% tip. Then he went home logged on Sherdog and handed out yellow cards left and right.
His date went on to win Miss Netherlands
230710112237-miss-netherlands-rikkie-kolle-restricted.jpg

true story

I used to deliver pizzas 20 years ago for dominos.

There was no delivery fee, and I got pretty good tips. Only one time did I not get a tip after months of deliveries. From what I see not tipping is common for customers using Uber eats and doordash because they add extra delivery fees and taxes.

Dominos seemed to manage well before adding delivery fees about 15 years ago, so wtf?

Tipping culture seems to be really hurting the traditional service job workers (waiting tables, bartending, delivery) by making everyone fed up with tipping as a whole.

i wont frequent places with required tips for takeout. corporations need to pay people a living wage. i will tip servers really well.

Want the best job in the world?

Just never tip.

It will leave more money in your pocket. But some people will think you're an asshole.

So in effect, you're getting paid to be an asshole. And that's the best job in the world.

You're welcome

We got completely automated pizza spots here so no risk of tipping even by accident

Back