Minimum tip for takeout is 20%

TS, tell us the name and location of said pizza place. We can all leave reviews!!!!!

I just ordered pizza from a place that has a minimum tip of 20%, even for Pick-Up. There's NO option for no tip. Even if you drive and pick it up yourself, you still have to pay, at the minimum, an extra 20% on top of the cost of the order.

Another place I went to recently was a Hawaiian food place where you had to pay a minimum of 15% tip on the touch-screen. There's no option for no tip and not even an option for a "custom tip" so you can put in 1%.

I would walk in, say fuck you and your retarded tip system and proceed to tell them their pizza sucks. Toss them a penny for their time. Then walk out.

200w.gif

<{cruzshake}>

I'm usually one of the biggest tipping advocates on here, but I've turned a corner after they pushed it too far. Don't be a coward, just put the real price on the menu instead of giving the fake price, then adding the extra 20% at the register. They're YOUR employees, so pay them yourself instead of trying to offload your payroll onto me. I'll tip for personalized service, and decide the tip based on the level of service, you don't automatically get a big tip when I don't even know your name and we have almost no interaction.

One of 2 things is going to happen; either people are going to start realizing that you're paying and tipping pretty similar amounts for shitty fast food as you would sitting down in a real restaurant, and just stop going to the crappy places, or the real restaurants will start expecting like 30 to 40%.

Are you sure there wasn't a no tip option hiding under Other or another page? Is that even legal to have a no tip option? That's just straight up getting out of hand and I would not support a business that would pull something so shady.

Americans are pressured to tip at self checkout machines and on online purchases :D

tipping-for-an-online-purchase-this-is-getting-out-of-hand-v0-ybh5aaawupz91.jpg

72154257-12196833-image-a-26_1686798931117.jpg

Also you are still pressured to tip when paying cash, cash is being phased out anyway and how can you 'just go somewhere else' when everywhere is demanding tips? Maybe the Invisible Hand of the Market will solve this.

I just ordered pizza from a place that has a minimum tip of 20%, even for Pick-Up. There's NO option for no tip. Even if you drive and pick it up yourself, you still have to pay, at the minimum, an extra 20% on top of the cost of the order.

Another place I went to recently was a Hawaiian food place where you had to pay a minimum of 15% tip on the touch-screen. There's no option for no tip and not even an option for a "custom tip" so you can put in 1%.

As someone who runs a restaurant that's what all the computer programs are like now days. We all hate it and it just seems to make people pissed but it's the system we have to use. None of us think you should be dropping big tips to pick up your own food and it causes people to take that shit out on drivers who you should tip. We did get ours fixed so there's a no tip option and a put your own tip in option but it's a huge pain in the ass and it makes people angry daily.

I would have tipped because I'm lazy and not going to complain over like $5 but I would never go back.

I was in Europe for a few weeks back in August. It was so refreshing just paying the printed price after eating out.

This tipping culture in North America is just restaurants offloading cost.

Not including taxes in stated prices is also obnoxious and inconvenient.

Why not just charge more if you're gonna mandate tip?

As someone who runs a restaurant that's what all the computer programs are like now days. We all hate it and it just seems to make people pissed but it's the system we have to use. None of us think you should be dropping big tips to pick up your own food and it causes people to take that shit out on drivers who you should tip. We did get ours fixed so there's a no tip option and a put your own tip in option but it's a huge pain in the ass and it makes people angry daily.

Why do you think companies you buy / lease the machines from do that? Do they get a cut somehow? Makes no sense because it just seems obvious to allow that option.

I was in Europe for a few weeks back in August. It was so refreshing just paying the printed price after eating out.
It's the same way in Asia too.

Back