Social Minimum Wage now at $20 an hour in California

The macho-man must have his Venti Iced Caramel Macchiato as a fuel to fight the libs

It doesn't even take a luke warm glass of water to fight the libs...it requires almost no work or energy.

More automated order systems incoming. No matter how you try and beat the corporate system, they’ll always win and the general population will pay for it in the end.
I’m truly vexed at the moment,
This weekend at the grocery store picking things up for the holiday, the store had shut down all of the self checkout lanes and actually had every checkout lane open and being operated by actual workers. Like the old days…

My gawd it sucked and was so slow. Had to stand there and watch the register people stand there and try to have small talk with every fucking customer well bagging everything at a super slow pace so that their brains could keep up with doing two things at once.

I never wanted to bag my own groceries so much before. And I was totally one of the people that used to bitch about having to bag my own crap.

I now see no reason to keep these people employed at those stations. They should just convert everyone into cart and basket collectors.

when you're spending an additional 50 cents or more on every product you purchase then that really adds up....

Yep. These people clearly don't buy anything, especially groceries. Nor are they paying for anything. Something increasing by just a few pennies might not seem a lot, but when enough items increase you really begin to notice it. Especially when the increases happen multiple times over a few years.

No, this isn't April fools. I went to Starbucks today like I do many days, and the drink I always get was 50 cents higher today. I said was there a price increase? The girl laughed and said yeah starting today.
Then I go home and turn the news on and they're praising that minimum wage workers get $20 an hour starting today. Well they don't mention the fact that corporations don't give a shit because they're just increasing their prices. <JagsKiddingMe>

https://abc7news.com/california-fast-food-workers-minimum-wage-increase/14602207/#:~:text=If anything, we find positive,per hour will be smaller.
Oh no. You poor thing :( you had to pay a whole extra 50 cents so that the person making your coffee can afford to live? :( the horror. How did you even survive such a harrowing ordeal. Are you okay? Is there anything I can do to help?

Yep. These people clearly don't buy anything, especially groceries. Nor are they paying for anything. Something increasing by just a few pennies might not seem a lot, but when enough items increase you really begin to notice it. Especially when the increases happen multiple times over a few years.
Yep everything I buy goes up on almost a bi-weekly basis and our gas prices aren't going down a bit. Its not that they aren't buying anything but they the virtue signaling puppets will say "Its for these people can make a livable wage"...yet these people also are going to be paying more and more for every commodity also.

It doesn't even take a luke warm glass of water to fight the libs...it requires almost no work or energy.
You don't even have to realize they're there, or acknowledge their existence and they'll get offended by it <Fedor23>

I don’t remember the full details of this law, but I want to say it only applies to national chains. That’ll force mom and pop establishments to either raise prices too or settle for crappy workers. I’m expecting a decent amount to get shut down unfortunately.

And thats the end game here
I'm always gonna side with labor so Im not mad at a bunch of workers that are barely scraping by getting a pay increase but this is just another play in the ultimate goal of completely destroying small businesses and quality of life for most of the people in this state so it can be run 100% by the authoritarian government and the huge business conglomerates they work for
Gavin put the machine fully in motion with the shut down 4 years ago and we been speeding towards checkmate ever since

And thats the end game here
I'm always gonna side with labor so Im not mad at a bunch of workers that are barely scraping by getting a pay increase but this is just another play in the ultimate goal of completely destroying small businesses and quality of life for most of the people in this state so it can be run 100% by the authoritarian government and the huge business conglomerates they work for
Gavin put the machine fully in motion with the shut down 4 years ago and we been speeding towards checkmate ever since

Emperor goatsom targeryan 2028 imo

Yep everything I buy goes up on almost a bi-weekly basis and our gas prices aren't going down a bit. Its not that they aren't buying anything but they the virtue signaling puppets will say "Its for these people can make a livable wage"...yet these people also are going to be paying more and more for every commodity also.
If their wage goes up 5 bucks an hour from 15 to 20, then 50 cent coffee increases will do absolutely nothing to diminish their increased earnings.

How come the corporate boot licking goof troop (you) doesn't ever do this same kind of moral panicking when CEOs hand themselves outrageous compensation packages in the millions and millions of dollars?

Baristas get $20 an hour - "omg the cost of everything will skyrocket! This is the end of western civilization!!"

Starbucks CEO gives himself a $20 million dollar compensation package - crickets. Nothing.

It's like you have been psychologically programmed to serve and obey the ruling elite.

I never got the obsession with these big chains. Just go to a local shop. Also lmao at paying $8+ for shitty Starbucks.
If this minimum wage increase also goes in to place soon at Mom and Pops places then their prices will have to rise as well...although I agree 100 percent with you on avoiding the big chains if possible.

If their wage goes up 5 bucks an hour from 15 to 20, then 50 cent coffee increases will do absolutely nothing to diminish their increased earnings.

How come the corporate boot licking goof troop (you) doesn't ever do this same kind of moral panicking when CEOs hand themselves outrageous compensation packages in the millions and millions of dollars?

Baristas get $20 an hour - "omg the cost of everything will skyrocket! This is the end of western civilization!!"

Starbucks CEO gives himself a $20 million dollar compensation package - crickets. Nothing.

It's like you have been psychologically programmed to serve and obey the ruling elite.
Laughing...its not just the coffee prices that will increase but everything else will as well. Starbuck CEO created the business that employs these workers and he has every right to give himself a comp package. If people don't like it then create their own multibillion dollar businesses.

230825132833-georgia-indictment-booking-photo-split.jpg

it sure doesnt look that easy for your cult leaders.

Back