Minnesota authorities release police dash cam video of Philando Castile shooting.

It's very simple, when a cop says 'don't reach for it' and the subject is firearms, you freeze. If you don't, you might die. You don't keep reaching for something.

And I didn't mention anything about marijuana, I think you are lumping people together. I don't care about that.

It's actually not that simple, but nice try.

This is pretty simple though. When you have the power to kill and a little girl is in your line of fire, you better be fucking sure you're right before you pull that trigger.

He did but CCL classes will definitely tell you how you should proceed. You can question or ask the officer, you only have to be lawful so far, you can find alternative ways and ask the officer to do it for you. Him being high as fuck doesn't help.

Ok, so is the new punishment for being high to be shot in front of your girlfriend and a 4 year old?

He did but CCL classes will definitely tell you how you should proceed. You can question or ask the officer, you only have to be lawful so far, you can find alternative ways and ask the officer to do it for you. Him being high as fuck doesn't help.

As far as I can tell, there's nothing to indicate he was high at the time. The officer used it in court later because they found it in Castile's blood. At the time of the incident, there's zero indication that marijuana was a factor.

The officer literally tried to say that because he smelled marijuana that meant Castile smoked in front of a child and was an evil person. It's fucking horseshit that he's using the defame Castile and save his own ass.

I posted it in one of these threads, but it's pretty simple. Castille had been pulled over by police 50+ times in the last decade and his girlfriend (Reynolds) that was in the car is currently facing multiple charges of assault (she attacked another woman with a hammer). Not exactly the model citizens that the NRA would want to attach their name to.

Gun owners should be angry over this. The NRA is strangely silent, I wonder why...

It's actually not that simple, but nice try.

This is pretty simple though. When you have the power to kill and a little girl is in your line of fire, you better be fucking sure you're right before you pull that trigger.

Life comes at you fast, you don't always have time to 'make sure' of anything once a guy who already told you he has a gun is reaching despite your command.

That's the secret. They get fired and simply go to another town and work for that department. It's not uncommon for an officer to have been fired from other departments for poor behavior and get brought right back onto another one.
He will likely move down here to el paso and hope he can blend in.

The guys a janitor not a criminal, told the cop he was armed and that he was not reaching for it, they found the gun in his pocket with an empty chamber, his GF and her 4 YO were in the car with him, what are the odds he was reaching for his gun? I know being a cop is a tough job but you have to be prepared to be in a a dangerous situation without opening fire on a suspect without being positive you're being attacked.

I get it, I don't believe either person was 'being the bad guy' I think this was just an bad situation that ended up ruining two lives. That guy should never be a cop again.

Life comes at you fast, you don't always have time to 'make sure' of anything once a guy who already told you he has a gun is reaching despite your command.

His command was "get your license and registration out"

Cant believe yall are making excuses for a trained and paid professional pussy that forgot how to properly use pronouns when it came time to articulate himself.

But hold the civilian to a higher standard yet are in that North Korea thread wanting to put boots on ground cause a grown ass man was punished for putting himself in his own situation.

Civilian did more than the fucking cop in terms of communication.

You perpetually paranoid pussy's make me eager for a draft... Maybe then yall will know what righteous kills, honor and integrity really look like, cause this aint it.

Fuck him. Fuck his bloodline and fuck any and everyone of you rationalizing this level of pussification.

Absolutely, stop with silly defenses like "dude smoked pot"

Being high and armed is about as dumb as sticking a fork in a outlet. Him being high is only a factor if it impaired his judgment but it wasn't the reason why he was shot.

i just saw the video for the first time now. in my opinion, the officer should have told the guy to step out of the car to handcuff him after he was told that there was a gun in the car. it seemed the officer was at fault for not simplifying the situation. he clearly didn't know whether the guy was reaching for his registration or the gun. i bet the officer could only think of the gun, and didn't ever believe the guy was reaching for the registration.

cops have very difficult jobs. but if you're trained to be an officer, the onus is on you to follow proper procedures, because they have the power to end one's life, as we unfortunately witnessed here.

Being high and armed is about as dumb as sticking a fork in a outlet. Him being high is only a factor if it impaired his judgment but it wasn't the reason why he was shot.

Yeah it is. It's really dumb. This dude was shot for following the orders he was given.

His command at that moment was 'don't reach for it'

And he said "ok" and then got shot. He gave very unclear directions. He gave to somewhat contradictory directions in rapid sucession then shot a guy for following them.

Yeah it is. It's really dumb. This dude was shot for following the orders he was given.

He was told three times not to grab his gun and you don't have bodycam footage to repeat this as absolute fact, so you are ignoring fact based on your assumption

Its a shit sandwich for everyone involved.We have NO idea where the victims hands were when the cop shot. For all we know they were on the handle of the gun etc.(is there testimony to that fact?) I don't know what podunk sheriffs dept this guy is from but it's apparent he wasn't trained right.Firearms training 101 in NYPD is you don't shoot unless you SEE the threat (gun pretty much has to be out and pointed in your direction) If he had a hand on the gun or in his waistband i can see the argument for shooting.You have to be pretty fucking stupid to say "I have a gun on me" and then make furtive movements.The cop being fired is probably the best option vs charging him as there's not intent on the cop to kill.It wasn't premeditated or like when that cop shot that guy in the back when he was running away etc.

And he said "ok" and then got shot. He gave very unclear directions. He gave to somewhat contradictory directions in rapid sucession then shot a guy for following them.

He didn't just say ok, he said some weird stuff that I've listened to over and over, and kinda sounds like 'I have to reach for it'... presumably while still reaching. You just have to freeze in that situation, you have to. When an officer tells you not to reach for your gun, you stop any other process going on in your head and don't move.

He was told three times not to grab his gun and you don't have bodycam footage to repeat this as absolute fact, so you are ignoring fact based on your assumption

get your license and registration out and don't grab your gun is one command, not two seperate orders to stop all moving whatsoever. if he wanted him to stop moving he should have said that. He told him to get his license and registration out. Castile told him he had a gun and was legally licensed to carry it. The Officer's response to that was "OK, just don't reach for it". I would have taken that as "I am aware that you are armed and am comfortable with you getting your license" and I'd guess Castile did too.

Back