Law Missouri Overwhelmingly Passes Grow-Your-Own Medical Marijuana

How did you break your spine?
Thpinal

Bd17U2N.gif

My biggest complaint is that it's too flat. Culture/food/people/institutions are all pretty decent near St Louis. I just want one mountain, ffs. Also too far from ocean.

Hmm, Missouri isn't nearly as flat as the states around it (Illinios, Kansas, Iowa, Oklahoma). You get a fair amount of hilly areas and rocky cliffs just west of STL.

My biggest complaint is that it's too flat. Culture/food/people/institutions are all pretty decent near St Louis. I just want one mountain, ffs. Also too far from ocean.

Yeah...only people from there speak highly of it, and not even that often. St Louis didn't even make this years top 50 list places to live in the US.

Because I respect you sticking to home town pride

I'd be for a higher tax than 4%, but otherwise Marijuana is really getting clear bi partisan support

R lawmakers still against better get out of the way if they don't want to severely risk their re election chances

Why do you support taxing anything at all? Especially a plant that grows in the ground?

Why do you support taxing anything at all? Especially a plant that grows in the ground?

I am all for "sin" taxes providing funding for roads and whatnot as opposed to raising income or property or vehicle registration taxes for the governmental income

I drink myself, but alcohol, cigarettes, and now Marijuana I'm all for the government getting a large chunk out of. I'd rather have money come from people spending their money on things that at least somewhat negatively affect themselves rather than taxes on necessities. Also, anyone spending money of alcohol, cigarettes, or pot is doing so with their spending and expendable money. Not cutting into needed money for living comfortably as other taxes impact

Missouri
- Overwhelmingly votes to reject Right to Work
- Overwhelmingly votes to regulate campaign finance, corruption, and lobbyist access
- Overwhelmingly votes to raise the minimum wage
- Overwhelmingly votes to legalize marijuana

And then goes on to vote 55% for Trump and 55% for Hawley and elect Republicans throughout the state, despite the GOP being against all of those measures.

It's incredible how Republican voters can keep voting against their (clearly articulated via vote) interests and supporting Republicans without any consideration of their policies whatsoever.
I think this really goes to show how much of a turn-off identity politics is to moderates; Team Red has so little in common with the average middle class citizen yet all of the social justice and PC stuff coming from a loud few from Team Blue is enough to drive the masses to vote Red.

i broke my spine but cant afford to see a doctor. Can i just grow weed in my basement? Or do i need a perscription to grow it
I'm pretty sure only patients will be able to grow. The rules have to be written still, so it will be some months, and it may not go into effect until as late as next June.

I am all for "sin" taxes providing funding for roads and whatnot as opposed to raising income or property or vehicle registration taxes for the governmental income

I drink myself, but alcohol, cigarettes, and now Marijuana I'm all for the government getting a large chunk out of. I'd rather have money come from people spending their money on things that at least somewhat negatively affect themselves rather than taxes on necessities. Also, anyone spending money of alcohol, cigarettes, or pot is doing so with their spending and expendable money. Not cutting into needed money for living comfortably as other taxes impact

Oh. You're just another one of those dumb slaves who loves when his masters steal from him. OK.

Hmm, Missouri isn't nearly as flat as the states around it (Illinios, Kansas, Iowa, Oklahoma). You get a fair amount of hilly areas and rocky cliffs just west of STL.
For the 12 years before I moved here, I spent most of my time living here:

sCMXPV1.jpg

And the Northern view out my window in the winter looked a lot like this:

484631.jpg

Government: Here's a plant that grows out of the ground. We own a percentage of it.

How stupid does that sound?

Government: Here's a plant that grows out of the ground. We own a percentage of it.

How stupid does that sound?
Not any more stupid than taxing other things. And the tax is on the trade, not the plant. People growing their own won't have to pay taxes unless they sell it (and that would fall under a dispensary business and not personal use).

There is a very strong black market for pot. It is easy to move buy and sell. Theses states trying to regulate it are shooting themselves in the foot. The more they regulate it the more difficult they make it the more it supports the black market.
If they lightly regulated it like alcohol they would take in millions just on the sales tax and it would cripple the black market because you could get it easily at the corner store. But they are getting all greedy and trying to pinch even more for a few big guys to get all the business. Devil is in the details.
I live in Colorado and it is just as cheap and easy to get pot on the black market. Qhy would people go to the dispensaries? Yes some do but many many more just dont. The state collects huge revenue on it but would bank ten times that amount if it weren't so ignorantly regulated.
Make it like alcohol imo. Let anyone with a liquor license sell it.
If I need beer I go to a liquor store because there is no black market, or cheaper easier way to get it.

Oh. You're just another one of those dumb slaves who loves when his masters steal from him. OK.

I know the government is going to get some amount of taxes for public services in one way or another. I'd prefer if opportunities like Marijuana taxation were used to either lower or at least not raise the income or property or sales tax to increase funding for infrastructure and education

Michigan's recreational pot will have 35% of the money going to road repairs. I do support that

Back