MLB Season V2: Can't have Baseball if you don't have your Spring

Status
Not open for further replies.
Muts need to hurry up and do something with DeGOAT before he falls apart like the rest of their pitchers and they're totally SOL

Was at the Cubs/Padres game list night. 17 rows from the first base line, halfway between first and foul pole.

Tonight, nine rows back, right behind third base.

Was talking with some Orioles fans (I know random at Cubs/Pads game) and was telling them that I'll be pissed if they trade Machado to the Yanks.

Would just go to show how fucked up baseball is.. a team can't even pay the players it develops and they all go to the same eight teams that can afford them. MLB really needs to do something about the salary cap if they're going to keep the majority of teams from being farm systems for the same eight teams.

Was talking with some Orioles fans (I know random at Cubs/Pads game) and was telling them that I'll be pissed if they trade Machado to the Yanks.

Would just go to show how fucked up baseball is.. a team can't even pay the players it develops and they all go to the same eight teams that can afford them. MLB really needs to do something about the salary cap if they're going to keep the majority of teams from being farm systems for the same eight teams.
I mean most big contracts are busts, typically the team that develops a player gets the good years out of him. Only a few Max Scherzer stories in the league. The rest of contracts are paying for what a guy has already done and getting burned on the back end

I mean most big contracts are busts, typically the team that develops a player gets the good years out of him. Only a few Max Scherzer stories in the league. The rest of contracts are paying for what a guy has already done and getting burned on the back end
I think that's true to an extent.

Honestly, I feel bad for the team that gives Harper $40 mill a year. I hope it isn't the Cubs lol.

They're paying 21mil per year to a strikeout machine that plays 1B. At least they'll get a bunch of prospects to rebuild their bad team

I'm also sure Cleveland will trade something to them for Britton and some other reliever

They're in rebuild mode, wtf is the point of paying Machado a billion dollars when the team's got serious issues?

They're in rebuild mode, wtf is the point of paying Machado a billion dollars when the team's got serious issues?
Get rid of everyone else and rebuild around Machado

Get rid of everyone else and rebuild around Machado

They don't have anyone else that a team wants except a couple relievers. Plus I doubt Thugchado wants to stay there anyway.

Giants pitcher having a meltdown. Walk and 4 straight singles, A's up 3-1.

edit: sac fly, 4-1.

Well, that was a pitiful first half to the season for the Jays. I'm not expecting miracles, but even the guys that were once considered the future of the team, are turning into complete busts. Sanchez and Strowman are damaged goods. They're not even going to be able to get any value for Donaldson,if they get anything at all. The team is a mess.

20+ years of darkness ahead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back