Who are you rooting for?

• Total voters

ReadWrite

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Khabib Nurmagomedov vs. Dustin Poirier

Mookie Alexander:

I am shocked at how many people are picking Poirier. I thought I was being cool and different going the other way. We know Khabib has a pretty clear path to victory and he usually gets the fight he wants… but his overall lack of fights against the top-tier of lightweights mean that we still have some stylistic match-ups we’ve not seen him face yet. Poirier is one of those fighters, and he’s arguably the most well-rounded striker that he’s ever faced.

I can see Poirier aggressively looking for body shots and ways to… I won’t say tire Khabib out, but slow him in ways we’ve not seen other fighters slow him down. He is capable of fighting off of his back foot; he’s an excellent counterstriker; and he mixes his strike selection up beautifully.

Khabib is not nearly as effective a fighter in open space as he is towards the fence, so if Poirier can keep away from there, he has a great chance to win.

Poirier has the cardio to match Khabib and he’s hardly some hopeless fighter on the ground if he does get taken down… but I sure as hell wouldn’t want the fight to happen there.

There’s an aura of invincibility that Khabib has that I’ve never really agreed with, and while he’s an outstanding fighter with a great resume, I don’t think Poirier has any singular defined weakness that he can exploit like he’s done with McGregor, Iaquinta, RDA, et al.

I’m going for the upset! Dustin Poirier by unanimous decision.

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2019/9/6/20853492/ufc-242-khabib-vs-poirier-staff-picks-predictions

I can also copy pasta:

Conor is inside Khabibs head. All Khabib keeps talking about is Conor this Conor that, no mention of his opponent poirier. Conor really did a number on him in the mental warfare game.

Khabib taking his focus off Poirier and instead thinking about Conor will be his downfall.

Plus poirier is a good stand up fighter. Look at round 3 of Conor vs Khabib. Conor was toying with him, tagging Khabib over and over again and rocking and hurting Khabib a couple of times. That was a Conor McGregor who only had one foot and come into the fight with a broken foot. As far as I’m aware poirier is 100% healthy, so he will be able to be even more effective than Conor was in the stand up.

https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/why-poirier-will-knock-khabib-out-cold.4009153/

Poirier's tdd is atrocious. While I don't think khabib is some undefeatable monster like many do, it's gonna take the right style matchup. Poirier isn't it.

While that sounds nice and dandy the chance of khabib grabbing a leg early, getting poirier down and beating on him is more likely to occur.

I hope dustin wins and he has a chance, nothing would please me more than khabib being quelled, i just wouldnt bet the house on it.

I can also copy pasta:

Conor is inside Khabibs head. All Khabib keeps talking about is Conor this Conor that, no mention of his opponent poirier. Conor really did a number on him in the mental warfare game.

Khabib taking his focus off Poirier and instead thinking about Conor will be his downfall.

Plus poirier is a good stand up fighter. Look at round 3 of Conor vs Khabib. Conor was toying with him, tagging Khabib over and over again and rocking and hurting Khabib a couple of times. That was a Conor McGregor who only had one foot and come into the fight with a broken foot. As far as I’m aware poirier is 100% healthy, so he will be able to be even more effective than Conor was in the stand up.

https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/why-poirier-will-knock-khabib-out-cold.4009153/

lmaoooooo

While that sounds nice and dandy the chance of khabib grabbing a leg early, getting poirier down and beating on him is more likely to occur.

I hope dustin wins and he has a chance, nothing would please me more than khabib being quelled, i just wouldnt bet the house on it.
exactly all these people posting their dumb shit with face memes run for the hills when asked to bet the house on it ors to show they dont really believe it money talks

Khabib Nurmagomedov vs. Dustin Poirier

Mookie Alexander:

I am shocked at how many people are picking Poirier. I thought I was being cool and different going the other way. We know Khabib has a pretty clear path to victory and he usually gets the fight he wants… but his overall lack of fights against the top-tier of lightweights mean that we still have some stylistic match-ups we’ve not seen him face yet. Poirier is one of those fighters, and he’s arguably the most well-rounded striker that he’s ever faced.

I can see Poirier aggressively looking for body shots and ways to… I won’t say tire Khabib out, but slow him in ways we’ve not seen other fighters slow him down. He is capable of fighting off of his back foot; he’s an excellent counterstriker; and he mixes his strike selection up beautifully.

Khabib is not nearly as effective a fighter in open space as he is towards the fence, so if Poirier can keep away from there, he has a great chance to win.

Poirier has the cardio to match Khabib and he’s hardly some hopeless fighter on the ground if he does get taken down… but I sure as hell wouldn’t want the fight to happen there.

There’s an aura of invincibility that Khabib has that I’ve never really agreed with, and while he’s an outstanding fighter with a great resume, I don’t think Poirier has any singular defined weakness that he can exploit like he’s done with McGregor, Iaquinta, RDA, et al.

I’m going for the upset! Dustin Poirier by unanimous decision.

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2019/9/6/20853492/ufc-242-khabib-vs-poirier-staff-picks-predictions

is that you? stfu.

expert lol. anyone can call that. I mean, that's totally possible. This ain't calling some serra over gsp here.

Is Khabib good? Of course he is. But Conner is very weak on the ground and it still took Khabib 4 rounds to submit him. Dustin has only been submitted once in his career. I will bet money Dustin is far more prepared than Conner in take down defense and ground game. If he wins, his whole life will change. He will be multi millionaire. He's going to do everything in his power to neutralize Khabib and keep it standing.

Dustin seems to do well when he gets to box. I have a bad feeling he will be get mauled and not be able to get his boxing off. Lets see

Lol at Khabib's "lack of fights against top-tier competition." It blows my mind that even an "expert" is saying this.

-Conor
-RDA
-Barboza
-Iaquinta
-Johnson
-Healy

Squashed them all.

Is Khabib good? Of course he is. But Conner is very weak on the ground and it still took Khabib 4 rounds to submit him. Dustin has only been submitted once in his career. I will bet money Dustin is far more prepared than Conner in take down defense and ground game. If he wins, his whole life will change. He will be multi millionaire. He's going to do everything in his power to neutralize Khabib and keep it standing.

It's not just about sub defense. Khabib will control him on the group and will likely pound him out. As someone else said, Dustin's take down defense is not going to be good enough.

It's not just about sub defense. Khabib will control him on the group and will likely pound him out. As someone else said, Dustin's take down defense is not going to be good enough.
Again, it took Khabib 4 rounds to submit Conner. Do you think Dustin will be as bad or worse than Conner in defense and ground game? If you do then yes you should think Khabib will smash Dustin.

Poirier's tdd is atrocious. While I don't think khabib is some undefeatable monster like many do, it's gonna take the right style matchup. Poirier isn't it.
True but my bet is on Dustin for a late round ko

I can also copy pasta:

Yeah but why would you if this is what you're copy pasting?

Conor never once rocked or hurt Khabib, he landed more volume but Khabib landed the bigger shots and even slapped Conor in the mouth Diaz style at one point, lol.

The last bit is even funnier, yeah, Conor was fighting on 1 foot but for some reason it took him 6 months to bother mentioning he was suffering such a debilitating injury which is what cost him the match against the guy he hates.

It's ridiculous anyone would actually buy that shit since if it was true he would have mentioned it immediately after the fight, lol.

Back