Media MMA Pros pick on Jones vs Gane

Yeah like he did Reyes? Gane is training wrestling as we speak and if Jon takes him down say goodbye to his ankles, welcome to the heavyweights. Jon has nothing for Gane who is bigger faster and stronger and more technical than anyone Jon faced so far. I’m telling you he is getting embarrassed
That's possible as well. Gane is a great technical striker. He certainly doesn't strike me as a killer from what I've seen so far though. That performance against Francis was a joke.

That's possible as well. Gane is a great technical striker. He certainly doesn't strike me as a killer from what I've seen so far though. That performance against Francis was a joke.
What do you mean he outclassed him on the feet but wasn’t ever thinking Francis would wrestle and no one else did, but now that’s all he’ll be doing because striking wise he is on different levels above Jon

What do you mean he outclassed him on the feet but wasn’t ever thinking Francis would wrestle and no one else did, but now that’s all he’ll be doing because striking wise he is on different levels above Jon
Maybe but I'm going to go out on a limb and say Jon is no slouch at striking or grappling.

So Jon looked below his best against lhws he'd once of crushed but people believe he's going to magically turn back time and become a killer again despite all the time away from fighting plus going up in weight where he loses the significant size advantages he held at lhw. Lol

Diego Maradona is the living proof that it's possible

Joke asides, is there scientifical evidence that cocaine limit muscle gains ?
It's just that psychostimulants often suppress hunger, and cocaine addicts often spend all their money into it, because it's not a cheap drug. So they tend to lose weight. But if you are rich, and get good cocaine, especially one that isn't cut with shitloads of amphetamines, I can see how you could still eat quite normally.

Jones has a good chance, but you should generally bet the opposite of whatever the pros pick.

Most fighters are horrible at picking winners(not just a UFC thing, it’s the same in all of sports, pros aren’t good at picking winners in their own sport for whatever reason).
It's because it's political. They're picking who they want to win, their friends, associates, etc.

Great thing about this fight is that you can pretty much say any outcome was obvious after the fact.

Yeah like he did Reyes? Gane is training wrestling as we speak and if Jon takes him down say goodbye to his ankles, welcome to the heavyweights. Jon has nothing for Gane who is bigger faster and stronger and more technical than anyone Jon faced so far. I’m telling you he is getting embarrassed
Gus and Reyes, who both have no background in wrestling, have shown us clearly that when you have the proper physical attributes and know what is coming as far as Jones' grappling game, you can easily train to mitigate it. Hell, Gus even took Jon down for good measure--and that's embarrassing. Gane isn't going to have any problem in this fight. He will be fighting, for all intents and purposes, a one-dimensional panic wrestler.

Found it intersting because so far, 11 out of 13 picked Jones to win. Massive discrepancy with the betting odds.

meh.
Any guess right now is just pure speculation.
Not one person (outside Jon's camp) know how he is doing and can have a guess on how will fare. And they would probably be biased, so even that is iffy.

It remains to be seen what Jon will show up. And what will be his gameplan, and (most important), if he will be able to implement it, since again, we don't know how slow or fast he will be. We also don't know if he will opt to wrestle more, etc.

I am excited, because whatever happens, we will see how Jon Jones the HW will do.
And Gane has another push by the UFC to become the future of this division (and try to erase Francis's vacuum).

Leave it to a guy like Jones to use giant plates for curls, when the plates are actually only 10 lbs each. What a tool
140377272_1228627024199510_5173659681012140326_n.jpg
[/QUOTE]

meh.
Any guess right now is just pure speculation.
Not one person (outside Jon's camp) know how he is doing and can have a guess on how will fare.
Agree.
But I find interesting how one sided the fighters picks are. Jones really has an aura among fighters.

Agree.
But I find interesting how one sided the fighters picks are. Jones really has an aura among fighters.
Well, that's the thing...
Love him or hate him, he only has ONE loss in his resume (no matter what you think of it - note, By that I don't mean you specifically, but all fans or haters alike).
Fighters know that this "aura of invincibility" does play a part, and Jon has it.
Say what you will, but his team always have a solid gameplan that caters very well to his Body, his attributes. So I expect him to be prepared.

What we don't know is how this (very) long delay coupled with the move to HW will cause to him or his style, but regardless, I do think the joke is on all the haters and doubters, that declared he would never fight again...

There are generally two camps regarding the outcome of Jones fights.

1) those who are in the know
2) those who really wish him to lose

Last edited:
Gus and Reyes, who both have no background in wrestling, have shown us clearly that when you have the proper physical attributes and know what is coming as far as Jones' grappling game, you can easily train to mitigate it. Hell, Gus even took Jon down for good measure--and that's embarrassing. Gane isn't going to have any problem in this fight. He will be fighting, for all intents and purposes, a one-dimensional panic wrestler.
Gus is great wrestler lol

2) those who really wish him to loose
3) those who really wish him to tight.

Weird situation. Anytime a fighter has been out for a long while it will leave question marks by their name. Not to mention Jon was on a decline and now he's moving up.

I guess we are all betting on his past accomplishments to succeed against the odds

Weird situation. Anytime a fighter has been out for a long while it will leave question marks by their name. Not to mention Jon was on a decline and now he's moving up.

I guess we are all betting on his past accomplishments to succeed against the odds

It seems it's more a case of people hoping hes on a decline.

Hes so good that he wins fights without any damage and people think he looks bad.

2) those who really wish him to loose
Depends. What's involved with loosing? Sounds uncomfortable.

Back