Rumored MMA Weekly reporting possible Khabib vs Leon Edwards for UFC 300 via Chael Sonnen

UFC playing a strong promotion game, bc I'm pretty sure they're the ones starting all of the "retired fighters returning" rumors, simply to gain interest and get people talking about the card.

The intriguing detail of the entire situation, though, is that the last time a 00 card came around...it actually happened, and Ariel ruined the announcement and caught a lifetime ban from the UFC. So, while you can take any of the rumors with a grain of salt, expect at least one legitimate surprise, if not more. They just won't be any of the bullshit that's floating around, and they'll be guarded a lot better. We won't get an announcement until days out. Book it.

Khabib vs cornier SHW bout would be cool. A 220lbs fat guy vs a 350 super fatso butterbean lookalike

It's obviously not true, but would be pretty funny to see the look on Belal's face if it was.

Fun to think about, but no chance. Belal, his temp training partner is next in line AND Makhachev, his longtime friend and teammate, wants to move up to WW.

If he didn't move up during his prime fighting days, he's not coming back from retirement to do it IMO.

Khabib is fat now. Ain’t happening
I think the fight is bullshit but lets face it,you havent seen Khabib in months,and its not like he couldnt lose the weight if he wanted to.

Ridiculous.

Khabib ducked 39 year old GSP. Which was his father’s dream fight.

He’s not fighting 32 year old Edwards.

There’s less of a chance of that happening than either Ronda, Lesnar, or Conor being on that card, imo.

Right,he should fight Colby instead of the champion lol
He can fight Shavkat for the next shot. Khabib by anything he wants!

Khabib doesn't deserve a WW titleshot. Neither does Islam. 1 is retired and both are LWs with a total of 0 WW wins in the UFC

Khabib is fat now. Ain’t happening
This, he’d need way longer to lose 30lb of fat, get in fight shape etc after the time off. Plus why finallly risk his legacy now against a bigger opponent when he never did it in his prime

I have said this in multiple threads regarding the 300 main event prediction and everyone just laughs it off but I believe it’s gna be Khabib vs GSP for the inaugural 165lb belt. The winner will be able to retire and vacate but its just a mega fight to kick the division off and be able to finish either guys career out cementing their legacy. It honestly makes sense.

I have said this in multiple threads regarding the 300 main event prediction and everyone just laughs it off but I believe it’s gna be Khabib vs GSP for the inaugural 165lb belt. The winner will be able to retire and vacate but its just a mega fight to kick the division off and be able to finish either guys career out cementing their legacy. It honestly makes sense.
GSP has already said he's done fighting. It's not happening. Time to let it go

Back